England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
I'm totally baffled by the whole thing. I sponsored my fiancé under Family Class without any problem, but this work permit LMO stuff is doing my head in!!! :eek:

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canooknic said:
I'm totally baffled by the whole thing. I sponsored my fiancé under Family Class without any problem, but this work permit LMO stuff is doing my head in!!! :eek:
Tell me about it! I waited for 14 weeke, only to find out the LMO was denied. We're trying again once the issue is remedied! Good to know it worked out sponsoring your fiance´.

Canooknic

Sep 20, 2010
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
17th May 2011
And good luck to you xx

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Week 13 and still I have heard nothing. Hope its going better for others awaiting this elusive LMO.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hang in there. I'm sure it will be any day now. Haven't heard of waiting more than 14 weeks. *crossed fingers* for you. The week is not over yet!

Canook, thanks!

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ wideopenspaces,

Thanx I hope so. Is your employer going to re-apply? Have you started a new job search? Good luck to you 2.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I am fortunate that they are willing to re-apply. They have to advertise again first and right now Job Bank is down with technical problems. Still looking for other positions as well.

Hope4MapleLeaf

Star Member
Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deyvi said:
anybody here? i want to know what is the next step whenever the LMO arrives? thanks
there's an existing thread for this ...check it out ...

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/positive-lmo-received-whats-next-t74271.0.html

gershscott

Jan 31, 2012
BC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wideopenspaces said:
Yes, I am fortunate that they are willing to re-apply. They have to advertise again first and right now Job Bank is down with technical problems. Still looking for other positions as well.
@ wideopenspaces;
Thats great news. Hang in there. What's up with the job bank site? I've noticed its down.

racxblacx

Feb 27, 2012
Hey all,

I'm new to posting, but have been reading the posts for a few weeks to try to get an idea of the LMO process.

My prospective employer emailed me a few weeks back (10th Feb) to say they had completed the job advertisement and had moved on to the actual LMO application and they expected it to take 8 weeks. From reading all the posts this seems overly optimistic!! They are waiting for a positive LMO before I receive my job offer, which means I have to go back to working in africa for the next few months.

So my question is has anyone actually received an LMO is 8 weeks or know anyone who has?

Thanks!

khulett08

Star Member
Feb 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 25 2012
AOR Received.
July 14 2012
Med's Request
July 14, 2012
Med's Done....
July 20, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 19, 2012
that's true!!! you'll need to have a postive result LMO before you get your job offer. just pray and don't loose hope

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gershscott,
Unfortunately, I have no idea what's up with Job Bank. I now know that my employer posted the ad and then the site went down. So now we are in limbo until it is back up. :(

racxblacx,
I have seen a few posts of LMO's being approved in less than 12 weeks. I don't know if it depends on the NOC or what. Not to discourage you, but I wouldn't count on only 8 weeks. In following these threads, it seems the norm for Alberta is 12-14 weeks. You may not want to mention this to the employer, just in case they would decide to cancel the application due to the possibility of such a long wait. Hang in there and best wishes!