+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMO contract broken.. Please help!!

englishinsask

Sep 19, 2013
So I got my Lmo approved last september 2012 And moved to canada (sask) my LMO and job offer stated I would be paid $15 an hour but I'm only receiving $12 and have done ever since I started working for this company, it also states on my lmo/job offer also states the company should have paid for my flights to canada from England but they told me I had to pay myself. It also says they have to provide me with health insurance.. Which I did get after a year but I pay for it out of my pay check.. I was also promised 40hr per week but they send me home early every day. I'm planning on returning back to the uk once my work permit is up! Theyve told me the customers love me and I do an awesome job but they treat me so unfairly and harassed me all the time. I've also been told that If I make any complains regarding my 'broken' contract they would fire me and get me deported.. And that I should just suck it up! Do I call the labour board and tell them what's going on? Or do I just 'suck it up'?? I'm not ready to leave yet as I love life here in Canada apart from my job that is! Where do I stand? Has anyone else been in this position? Would talking to the labour board get me anywhere?? Would I get back all the money I've lost out on?? Please help :(

marsiangal

Feb 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Request
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
25-02-2013 DM....:20-06-2013 IN CANADA SINCE:...2008
LANDED..........
21-08-2013
First of all. An employer can NEVER deport you or cancel your work permit. You can stay in Canada for as long as the work permit is valid. Unless of course you have done something illegal which in this case you are not. It is clearly stated in the cra website. This is part I think of knowing your rights as a TFW. This is one of the cases where an employer is taking advantage of you. Trust me, I know. I've been there. I've been scared of standing up to my employer who gives us shit for even missing a day of work for being sick even with having a doctor's note. For not being treated right and being over worked. One day I just decided I'm done with it found a new employer and got a new lmo and work permit and left them in the midst of the busy season with proper notice of course. (I still didn't want to get in trouble.lol)!

Anyways,a practical advice on my part is to find a new employer with an lmo and get a new work permit. Easier said than done though because it's not easy to find one. All I know is that if you are thinking of reporting them make sure you take care of your self first. Secure a new job.
When you have done this, you can probably report them to the service canada, so they can never do this to anyone. Might be hard for them to get a new LMO. Who knows you might also have a case and get all the money that they didn't pay you back. But that's just if your willing to go through all the legal stuff. Which is honestly a pain in the bum.

Goodluck!

patelaakash33

Star Member
Sep 25, 2013
U r really luck to geting LMO from Canadian employer here we r waiting from last 3 years only for LMO .....work there untill u get ur pr then after kick on the ass of ur employer ....

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
englishinsask, usually you can get help at Immigrant Services in your area.

You also may ask a lawyer. Usually they do not charge fees for the first consultation.

SinghLovCan

Jul 21, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
dont know
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
englishinsask said:
Do I call the labour board and tell them what's going on? Or do I just 'suck it up'?? I'm not ready to leave yet as I love life here in Canada apart from my job that is! Where do I stand? Has anyone else been in this position? Would talking to the labour board get me anywhere?? Would I get back all the money I've lost out on?? Please help :(
If you want to live here and settle down here, suck it up till you become a PR ! That's the reality of life.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you make a complaint against, them, it will leave the company in trouble, possibly could shut them down. In any case, they will find a way to let you go or make your life so miserable that you wont stay so you should wait with this until you are ready to quit this job. You can see SK employment standards and how to make a complaint here: https://www.saskatchewan.ca/work/employment-standards/complaints-investigations-enforcement-and-fines/file-an-employment-standards-complaint

You can also talk to Service Canada. Having breached an LMO contract, they could stop them from getting any LMO's in the future.