+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA high-wage limit

keresan

May 15, 2015
hi,
i would like to ask, how exactly it is with median salary for high-wage LMIA option. I am not sure, because there were some changes at April 30 2015.

I don't know, if limit for high wage LMIA is:
a) median wage of province (in my case Ontario, $21.75)
OR
b) median wage of my occupation in specific region (in my case NOC-2174 in Toronto, $35)

Thank you for any advice :)

harrybrar

Nov 11, 2014
Go for median wage in specific area.

They declined my friends LMIA on the basis that what they are offering in the advertisement is below the median wage of the area in that occupation and only if they advertise at median wage they will get the employee from local labour market only.

So, don't make the mistake for just going for minimum wage of the area. Go for median wage atleast.

They are just looking for just a single point to reject the whole application. Don't give them that reason.

I have seen more than $10000's and months of work going into drain just for this small stupid technical points.

Do your prior research and if your employor happen to hire a consultant ask about the process. They are tons of stupid consultants in the market who knew nothing about LMIA new process and how govt have tightened the LMIA process and they just want to get your money.

Be wise and Good Luck.