+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LMIA application processing time?

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
For Global Talent Stream, I thought you don't need LMIA.. Are you sure your employer filed LMIA?
Yes, I'm sure. You do need a LMIA, but the process to get it is different (but the document is called LMIA). And since it is a special LMIA, I should qualify for a two week processing time for my work permit (although I will go to the border, because it's quicker)

h1b2pr

Mar 22, 2017
Yes, I'm sure. You do need a LMIA, but the process to get it is different (but the document is called LMIA). And since it is a special LMIA, I should qualify for a two week processing time for my work permit (although I will go to the border, because it's quicker)
Oh cool. So can this LMIA be used for Express entry to score points?

umerrasheed

Oct 16, 2017
Yes, u still need LMIA. However, can anyone clarify how much time it takes to get visa after LMIA? I have applied thru Global Talent Stream and waiting for over 4 weeks

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
what job you are under? im
still waiting for my
LMIA im in 6th day now. I am a mechanice under skilled trade. Hopefully
i will get mine soon anyday tomorrowmor next
week.
I'm a Web Developer, NOC 2175.

When the federal government called my employer they told him the date to expect a result, so you can ask your employer. On that day they sent us the physical letter and we asked for a PDF, and with that PDF printed I went to the border.

EDIT: My process was under the Global Talent Stream, so keep in mind that it is a different process meant to be faster

Ikramsw

Oct 9, 2017
I'm a Web Developer, NOC 2175.

When the federal government called my employer they told him the date to expect a result, so you can ask your employer. On that day they sent us the physical letter and we asked for a PDF, and with that PDF printed I went to the border.

EDIT: My process was under the Global Talent Stream, so keep in mind that it is a different process meant to be faster
When did you apply?

burakpesen

Sep 20, 2016
I went to the border and got my permit today. If you are in Canada you can do that.
hey sir , which border did you go to get permit ? you across from united states ? i got lmia today so i am living in united states america . so what should i do now ? should i apply in new york consulate ? what did you do can you explain me sir .. thank you

fv-br

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
hey sir , which border did you go to get permit ? you across from united states ? i got lmia today so i am living in united states america . so what should i do now ? should i apply in new york consulate ? what did you do can you explain me sir .. thank you
I believe, and I might be wrong, that to get a work permit at the border, without having the work visa, you have to be from a visa exempt country. If that's your case, I don't see why you couldn't do that.
You can also do that if you are not from a visa exempt country BUT already has a valid permit in Canada and is coming back from the US (this was my case, since Brazil is not a visa exempt country).

I went to Emerson/Permbina border. Keep in mind that some Ontario crosses only do this service in specific days of the week.