+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***Living in Toronto***

rainbow00

Nov 2, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Honestly, you will seldom find a full furnished condo in Scarborough region. There are some available in Toronto area, specially at/near downtown. The price varies from $1600 to $2500 for 1-bed. However, these buildings are medium to upscale that come with underground parking, secured facility, gym/pool, concierge etc. Most apartment buildings are managed and rented by property management companies and hence they are not furnished. Furnished condos (privately owned) are partly/fully rented on shorter terms.

If you need to stay in Scarborough, then it's better to rent an apartment and gradually buy furniture.
If you ought to have a furnished condo, then your safest bet would be Scarborough basements or Toronto / North York / Mississauga area.
Thanks Rossei, highly appreciated. Will see if I can get furnished apartment at reasonable price, if not then will go for unfurnished.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,
Just came from Canada after doing soft landing. Can anyone tell me how to track PR Card? How to verify the address that I gave was appropriately entered by Officer since he didn't gave me anything in writing?
Thanks,

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
If you gave them the right address, they will have done it properly. Relax and wait for the card to appear in the mail.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
foodie69 said:
If you gave them the right address, they will have done it properly. Relax and wait for the card to appear in the mail.
Thanks foodie. I guess it'll take 2 months to receive it right? Also, I have given friend's address since I'm in USA.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Donald Trump said:
How to verify the address that I gave was appropriately entered by Officer since he didn't gave me anything in writing?
Thanks,
Didn't the officer fill in your COPR during your landing (with your address) and had you sign it and gave you back a copy?

Have a look at your COPR, it has everything right there.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Donald Trump said:
I guess it'll take 2 months to receive it right?
Its 45 calendar days for a "1st time" PR card as per CIC website. Their timeline is usually (very) accurate from my experience

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
Didn't the officer fill in your COPR during your landing (with your address) and had you sign it and gave you back a copy?

Have a look at your COPR, it has everything right there.
he did gave me a copy but that doesn't have any address on it.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
Its 45 calendar days for a "1st time" PR card as per CIC website. Their timeline is usually (very) accurate from my experience

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
thanks buddy...

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Donald Trump said:
he did gave me a copy but that doesn't have any address on it.
Hmm..and you are the principal applicant - correct? If yes - he should have filled it...

anyhow, i guess you can try checking the ecas for updates every now and then: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

umar32085

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Paper Application
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
11-08-2016
Interview........
24-07-2016
Passport Req..
22-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2017
Rossei said:
This long writing is meant for new immigrants (focusing Bangladeshis) who are coming to settle in Toronto (GTA) in near future. I’ve been living in Southern Ontario for last 12 years among which I stayed for 2 years in Toronto. Not only lot of my friends and relatives permanently live in GTA but also my employer’s head office is located in Toronto Downtown. As a result, I visit it often for both official and personal reasons.

So, I speak from my own experience. I’ve also listed relevant online sources where data have been derived. This article is mainly divided in 2 parts: 1) Brief introduction about Toronto and 2) Cost of living in Toronto. I hope that you will find the info helpful. Here it goes:
What a wonderful post bro. Really helpful for persons like me, who are planning to land in Toronto.

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
Hmm..and you are the principal applicant - correct? If yes - he should have filled it...

anyhow, i guess you can try checking the ecas for updates every now and then: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do
hello all,
does this link at all works? As of now its not working for me.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Donald Trump said:
hello all,
does this link at all works? As of now its not working for me.
Doesn't work for express entry

xyris87

Apr 5, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This post was excellent. I think almost 80% of my doubts about living in Toronto are more or less cleared now. Big thank you!

Reactions: JabNas

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
umar32085 said:
What a wonderful post bro. Really helpful for persons like me, who are planning to land in Toronto.
xyris87 said:
This post was excellent. I think almost 80% of my doubts about living in Toronto are more or less cleared now. Big thank you!
Thanks. I appreciate that you liked it.