+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in Caregivers from africa

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
I am in the process of trying to bring over a Zimbabwean lady who is currently working as a nanny in South Africa. I just submitted LMO application last week.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hi Vaneshree, I have read your unfortunate story, and trust me, I would be good to my caregiver. The Zimbabweans I have met have been wonderful, I agree with you. Can you please tell me what your experience at the Canadian Embassy in Pretoria was like? Did you get through with your visa in a timely manner? Right now she is waiting for her criminal record checks for SA and Zim.

Vaneshree

Feb 18, 2012
faithey said:
Hi Vaneshree, I have read your unfortunate story, and trust me, I would be good to my caregiver. The Zimbabweans I have met have been wonderful, I agree with you. Can you please tell me what your experience at the Canadian Embassy in Pretoria was like? Did you get through with your visa in a timely manner? Right now she is waiting for her criminal record checks for SA and Zim.

Hi Faithey, that is good to hear.

Oh my gosh....Canadian High Commission in Pretoria has been my worse visa process. (hehe...maybe the Heavens tried to warn me early on that Canada is not in my calling) ;) anyways...I will explain my timeline a bit. I submitted my complete application to the High Commission on 21 November 2010. They to.d me the process will take 4-8weeks. Guess what 12months later I sent them a Very firm complaint and that is when I got my WP, ten days after sending a report and complaint. So in total my wait was 12 months. Tell her to be very organized with her dates, papErs etc. I was super organized with everything. The delay and lack of service was on their side. She must be by instructive with them and be clear that she isn't going to wait more than 2-3,on this for it. They need to offer good service. I hope she will have much better luck than I did. I have nannied my way around the world. Africa, Europe and now North America, it is funny that the country I love the most...Canada! I have had some issues with. I hope to return someday with my (now fiance). He is a Scientist and I will have my masters when I return so I hoping we can just apply for PR. I love Canada. One nasty family and terrible visa process will not change that. Maple country rocks!

Vaneshree

Feb 18, 2012
faithey said:
Faithey I will say that 12months wait was MY unfortunate experience. And it is rare. Every caregiver I have spoken to ws in Canada 3-4months after applying. The wait for nannies from South Africa is not as regulated as Philipines for example. I think the education level will be recognized. Zimbabweans on the whole are much more educated than the average South African. Look for online converters. I wish I could help more.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Vaneshree, thank you for your reply. You have made my day! This young lady meets the criteria with her language ability, nanny/childcare experience, and I am hoping her education level. I was so worried Canada Immigration would not recognize it as being equivalent to Canadian high school diploma. I do know that Zimbabweans place a high level on their education, and the colleges here in Canada will accept the GCE (O levels) from Zimbabwe as an entrance requirement...but you just never know what they will do at the embassy. You have given me a little more assurance that she will get through. We are getting to know each other well through facebook, emails, etc. I cant wait for her to come here and become part of our family. It's really too bad it didnt work out for you. What will you do now? I believe you said you will go to Calgary to work with another family?