+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Live-in caregiver PR applicants for April,May and June timeline

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
danielyn said:
I understand. Im going to renew my passport. Just worried what if i still dont have my passprt in hand when the most awaited time comes.

Well thank you so much for the response. God bless us all :)
Anyways the waiting time based on my friends (all are 2010 and 2011 applicants)when their family had medical it is 3-4 months when they got their ppr request but until now no date of interview yet it is almost 1month when they received confirmation and ppr.(so 5months na din sila waiting from medical date)so why not renew it once and for all. My family had medical last june too but i am anticipating for interview in october pa(i am a 2012 applicant) You are a 2014 applicant it means that they are not done with your backgroynd check and if you have a husband they will also do background check that would take months to finished.

danielyn

Oct 22, 2009
I'll fly to toronto to renew my passport. Hopefully by end of this week or next week.

I didnt know it takes a while after the medical exam. I thought it will only take 2-3 mos.

What's ppr? Sorry im new here and not yet familiar sa mga abbreviations.

One more question.. So after the medical all i have to do is wait for the interview!

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
danielyn said:
I'll fly to toronto to renew my passport. Hopefully by end of this week or next week.

I didnt know it takes a while after the medical exam. I thought it will only take 2-3 mos.

What's ppr? Sorry im new here and not yet familiar sa mga abbreviations.

One more question.. So after the medical all i have to do is wait for the interview!

ppr is passport request for stmping of family..after medical you have to wait for confirmation letter and passport request and letter of interview from local office.

123abc456

May 27, 2013
All friends, Great News!!! Got PR card! Thanks very much for everyone, everything here! God bless all caregivers!!!

forgottensoul

Apr 19, 2014
hi..

please help me. :)

just want to ask the following questions:

1) do you need to have your board certificate, nursing license and board rating red ribboned?
2) would you qualify for the caregiver application is you are a NURSE, registered nurse in the Philippines but without experience?
i mean i had experience but that was 4 years ago. 10 months as a school nurse.
will i qualify?

3)is it true that LC processing is much faster now?

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
forgottensoul said:
hi..

1) do you need to have your board certificate, nursing license and board rating red ribboned?
2) would you qualify for the caregiver application is you are a NURSE, registered nurse in the Philippines but without experience?
will i qualify?

The news is that the LCP program will be stop for a while next fall.(don't know how true) They will do some reforms on this program..I am not sure if your experience would be enough but my cousin who was a nurse still did a caregiving course. she came from philippines.

ninavm

Apr 3, 2014
forgottensoul said:
hi..

will i qualify?

You do not need to be an RN to apply. You must have the following experience from the PAST 3 YEARS:
1. Six months of training in a related course (e.g. caregiver course, nursing school) OR
2. One year of work experience in a related position (e.g. nurse, caregiver) with at least 6 months of continuous work with the same employer
Since your experience was 4 years ago, it doesn't count, only the past 3 years will count.

forgottensoul

Apr 19, 2014
thanks for the replies.

but since i am a REGISTERED NURSE, will i qualify for as live-in caregiver even when my nursing experience was more than 3 years ago?

i mean just basing on the fast that i am an RN, will that qualify me for the position?

RN took 4year nursing course.
Caregiver is just six months. will my nursing course and my nursing license be enough to qualify me for the position?

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
forgottensoul said:
thanks for the replies.

but since i am a REGISTERED NURSE, will i qualify for as live-in caregiver even when my nursing experience was more than 3 years ago?

i mean just basing on the fast that i am an RN, will that qualify me for the position?

RN took 4year nursing course.
Caregiver is just six months. will my nursing course and my nursing license be enough to qualify me for the position?
You are qualified but of course they ask for experience.

forgottensoul

Apr 19, 2014
okay. i will be taking tesda assessment too. tesda said since im an RN there is no need for me to take the 6 months training. i just have to pass the assessment for the certification

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
forgottensoul said:
okay. i will be taking tesda assessment too. tesda said since im an RN there is no need for me to take the 6 months training. i just have to pass the assessment for the certification
You better hurry up in applying. There is a news that the will stop the the Live in caregiver program this fall. They will do some reforms like the foreign temporary workers will not be a permanent residents anymore they just have a contract for 2 years. I hope they will not do the same in caregiver but who knows.

tara111986

Jul 15, 2014
ellann said:
You are qualified but of course they ask for experience.
I have the same case. I graduated last 2007 and am a registered nurse. I had hospital experience but that was last 2008. I'm so worried of being refused because of my lack of experience as a caregiver. I heard there were nurses got approved even without any experience within past 3 years. Do you think I'm still eligible to apply the LIC work permit?

Thanks ahead.

ellann

Star Member
Aug 2, 2012
tara111986 said:
I have the same case. I graduated last 2007 and am a registered nurse. I had hospital experience but that was last 2008. I'm so worried of being refused because of my lack of experience as a caregiver. I heard there were nurses got approved even without any experience within past 3 years. Do you think I'm still eligible to apply the LIC work permit?

Thanks ahead.
Just try. You never know.

jepshon

Jul 16, 2014
Hi
Can I have questions. .regarding with my application
I came here in canada as a cashier under tfwp. And I tried to
apply as nanny under lcp..got lmo since feb..and after that I processed
my work permit outside canada in New York. .ive got positive letter from
immigration noted my my application to work or study canada has been approved. ..
Together with stamp passport ..
Questions;
What's the next thing to do after this to obtain a work permit?
Since I m here in canada right now