+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

live-in care giver program?

nuvynp

Aug 3, 2017
Hi,
I have a nanny from the Philippines (she has her PR - I hired her when she already had her open work permit but she was brought to Canada several years ago through the live in care giver program). She told me yesterday that she is expecting a baby and will work for us until the baby is born. I would like to sponsor another nanny from from the Philippines - perhaps her sister. I noticed that the live in care giver program is no longer operational (??) What is the process whereby I could hire a foreign worker as a nanny and bring them to Canada?
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You still generally follow the same process as was followed previously. The employer has to start by obtaining an approved LMIA. (You were able to skip this step when you hired your current nanny since she was already here on an open work permit. However if you want to bring her sister from the Philippines, you'll need to get an approved LMIA to start). Once you have an approved LMIA, she will then apply for a closed work permit.

kapatid

Sep 27, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
06-05-2006
Hi,
I have a nanny from the Philippines (she has her PR - I hired her when she already had her open work permit but she was brought to Canada several years ago through the live in care giver program). She told me yesterday that she is expecting a baby and will work for us until the baby is born. I would like to sponsor another nanny from from the Philippines - perhaps her sister. I noticed that the live in care giver program is no longer operational (??) What is the process whereby I could hire a foreign worker as a nanny and bring them to Canada?
Thank you
Please do not that a direct hire from Philippines will require you to get an OEC. To get an OEC it has to undergo a legit agency under POEA. That agency will release you an OEC then the nanny can leave the Philippines. The agency will require you to pay 1 month worth of the nanny's salary as their professional fee. That could cost up to $1,600. Some people are trying to counter this using a cross country method. When they get a passport request they will leave to the neighboring country. Once in the neighboring country they will send the passport to VFS makati via mail. Then once stamped they will receive it by mail. They will fly to Canada from that country. This bypass the immigration from the Philippines which requires you an OEC to leave the airport.

Ine78

Oct 5, 2017
Calgary
I read about That immigration closing for the New LMIA outside from canada, but not If the caregiver already in canada and have a valid work permit,Is That mean That if wE are under LCP program That the LMIA still open for a New employer?help explain please

karyl

Apr 21, 2010
Please do not that a direct hire from Philippines will require you to get an OEC. To get an OEC it has to undergo a legit agency under POEA. That agency will release you an OEC then the nanny can leave the Philippines. The agency will require you to pay 1 month worth of the nanny's salary as their professional fee. That could cost up to $1,600. Some people are trying to counter this using a cross country method. When they get a passport request they will leave to the neighboring country. Once in the neighboring country they will send the passport to VFS makati via mail. Then once stamped they will receive it by mail. They will fly to Canada from that country. This bypass the immigration from the Philippines which requires you an OEC to leave the airport.
ridiculous!!! Spend money for something we can do by ourselves. What a system! My caregiver already has her visa stamped.can she still come via neighboring country and say she's just there for a tour and go back to phils in a few days?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hello Everyone.I would like to know How long it takes the Intra-Company Transfereers process from beginning to the end?
Not sure what your ICT question has to do with a live in care giver program and others can comment as well but there is no real benchmark for processing ICT applications given each one is unique depending on many factors. Some are processed without delay some take many months.

rish6

Sep 5, 2013
You still generally follow the same process as was followed previously. The employer has to start by obtaining an approved LMIA. (You were able to skip this step when you hired your current nanny since she was already here on an open work permit. However if you want to bring her sister from the Philippines, you'll need to get an approved LMIA to start). Once you have an approved LMIA, she will then apply for a closed work permit.
Hi there scylla, if someone has 1 year care giver (elderly) experience then what are the chances for him/her to become a pr in canada? I am talkign about outside the Canada workers. Please let me know. Is LMIA necessar in that case or maybe some programs allows them to get a chance to work without lmia?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there scylla, if someone has 1 year care giver (elderly) experience then what are the chances for him/her to become a pr in canada? I am talkign about outside the Canada workers. Please let me know. Is LMIA necessar in that case or maybe some programs allows them to get a chance to work without lmia?
They need to get work experience in Canada.

Reactions: rish6