+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Letter of Acceptance

genius77

Star Member
Dec 25, 2008
hi poco,

hope you can give me some tips. i already have an acceptance letter from niagara college and on the process to apply soon for the student visa, so that i can catch the january 2010 intake.

1. what were the documents submitted by your friend to establish legal ties in the phils? i am curently working right now in uae and what i have to show my link is the joint account that i still maintain back home.

2. my partner and i are planning to come together through the said student visa. what are the chances that the canadian embassy in manila will issue for us? and how much should i have in the bank as proof of funds?

3. what were the contents of the study plan? i am registered for the 2-year culinary management program but the said course is entirely different from my professional and academic backgrounds.

could you give me some tips on how make it easier for me to document my application.

thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

god bless!

poco said:
Hi, guys! let me share with you my friend's timeline in applying student visa in the philippines:

September 5, 2008 -sent application to the college/educational institution
October 8, 2008 - received letter of acceptance from the educational institution
October 13, 2008 - submitted application to Canadian embassy
October 23,2008 - received letter from embassy requesting for medical
November 14,2008 -submitted medical result
January 5, 2009 - received letter of approval of study visa

Hi, loree_2009
Yes, you need to attach a letter explaining the purpose of your study and bank statements to prove that you can afford to study abroad. Goodluck!

kista

Aug 24, 2009
@genius77
Show whatever u have in Phil. Bank Statement, land, property, shares whatever. what do u mean by partner? You are allowed to take ur spouse with u. If program is not related to ur past edu then they may question ur motives for going to Canada. So try to convince them that proposed change in field will be beneficial when u wil return back to phil.

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Hi Genius!

Wow that is amazing! I am still waiting for the acceptance letter and I am told that it could take 3 weeks, the least, if there is no lacking documents. I am really getting frustrated right now because I am aware that it could take months to process the study permit here in Manila. I am looking to enroll for the Jan 2010 intake, i really don't know if i will be able to make it.

My program of choice is also not directly related to that of my previous studies. I applied for the Fashion Design and Marketing Program at Lthbridge College.

I might check Niagara Cllege and see what programs they offer. Did they require you to provide TOEFL or IELTS?

BRegards,
Loree

genius77

Star Member
Dec 25, 2008
Hi Lorelee,

Don't worry about it. I am sure that your acceptance letter will be given to you soon! I do hope that both of us can submit our application just in time for the January 2010 intake.

I did furnish the college with just a copy of my IELTS score. Actually, it seems that Niagara College has a lenient policy for admission since all supporting documents were required to be submitted online only.

By the way, how do plan to provide your legal ties in the Philippines? Are you going to Canada alone or are you with your spouse/partner?

Good luck to us!

loree_2009

Star Member
Jun 27, 2009
Hi Genius!

CUrrently, I still have not heard any word from the college I applied at. I have finalized yet the documents that i will be sending to the embassy because I'm afraid I may not be able to make it anyway for the Jan 2010 intake.

Most probably, I will just be sending the usual documents such bank statements, business permit land and vehicle ownership etc...

My husband will hopefully be accompanying me, if granted a visa, but only temporarily as he needs to be back here due to business stuffs and all.

How about you? Do you have dependents you would bring with you?

Do keep me updated with your application, hopefully things will go as planned.

BRegards,
Loree

babycakes

Star Member
Jan 28, 2009
Hello there!

I am also a Filipino. I am currently visiting Toronto and is scheduled for an "entrance" exam at George Brown College next week. Although I am a BS Hotel and Restaurant Management graduate in the Philippines, I am still required to take the english proficiency exam by the College (they don't requite IELTS or TOEFL as long as you are already here in Toronto). I chose Culinary Arts and it is for 2 semesters. I have a 5 year experience in the call center industry but never had any in hotel/restaurant.

What does "Personal Study Plan" mean?

Please share your experiences in applying for a Student Permit in Manila as I will be going home soon once I receive my Acceptance Letter so I can apply from there. Classes starts 11th of January and I am not sure if I will be able to make it. I have done my medical exam here in Canada and the result is already posted in CIC so I am not sure if the Canadian Embassy in Manila will still ask me to have another medical exam.

Thanks!

rasel5065

Mar 11, 2014
Hi Genious 77,
Did you get culinary degree from Canada? I asked you as my case also same like you. I applied for culinary though my academic and experience is totally different area.

kzee

May 1, 2012
poco said:
Hi, guys! let me share with you my friend's timeline in applying student visa in the philippines:

September 5, 2008 -sent application to the college/educational institution
October 8, 2008 - received letter of acceptance from the educational institution
October 13, 2008 - submitted application to Canadian embassy
October 23,2008 - received letter from embassy requesting for medical
November 14,2008 -submitted medical result
January 5, 2009 - received letter of approval of study visa

Hi, loree_2009
Yes, you need to attach a letter explaining the purpose of your study and bank statements to prove that you can afford to study abroad. Goodluck!

hi
may i know the minimum balance your sponsor should have as statement to prevent denial

Nilesh Sharma

Jun 14, 2017
hlo canada embassy has sent me an email that they need LOA within 30 days .i applied it but its been four weeks i did not receive it from college . should i send an email to embassy to give me more time.