IELTS Request
IELTS - 8.0
Med's Done....
08-07-2017
Passport Req..
09-28-2017
Hi People,

Wanted to share the rest of the story here " see quoted text "

So after getting my 1 year work permit, I called up CIC and complained. The agent checked my file and confirmed that they have send an email to the age who processed the application for re-consideration. I filed the complaint on 3rd Feb 2016 and after waiting for 3 months, I got an email from CIC requesting additional documents on 03rd May. All the documents were to be submitted before 07th May. I submitted all the documents on 04th of May ( uploaded to MYCIC account as they have opened it for 4 days ). Blank updates on 09th May, got letter confirming update to the application on 10th May.

In conclusion my PGWP has been extended for 2 more years ( 3 years in total ). I have studied two separate 1 year programs; one from Seneca and one from Sheridan. Still waiting for the hard copy to reach me but have a confirmation letter for the extended duration, hope to get the hard copy soon.

Sharing this here as I know the level of frustration people who wait for these decisions go through.
I was preparing to do flag polling next week actually but got it resolved luckily.

AS MANY HAS SAID BEFORE ME, FLAG POLLING IS A LEGAL OPTION. I TALKED TO CBSA THE LAST TIME I WENT TO US, UNFORTUNATELY I DIDN'T HAD ALL MY PAPERWORK WITH ME AT THAT TIME OR WOULD HAVE GOT IT FIXED AT THAT TIME.

SO THERE IS PROVISION FOR YOU TO GET 3 YEAR WORK PERMIT EVEN IF YOU HAVE DONE TWO SEPARATE 1 YEAR PROGRAMS FROM TWO DIFFERENT COLLEGES. keep your hopes high and do your paper work properly and you should be fine.

Riyas Siraj said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope someone can help.

I have done two programs of 1 year duration.
Seneca - IBM - 2013 - Sep to 2014 Apr
Sheridan - Project Management - 2014 - Sep to 2015 Apr - Coop ( 4 months ) - May to Aug 2015
Applied for my PGWP on Oct 10 2015 , got approval status on 28th Jan 2016.
I got an email notification with a PDF document which shows TRV or work permit expiring on Jan 27, 2017.

I should at least be qualified for a 2 year minimum or 3 year maximum work permit.

How can I fix this ? Do I call up CIC , do I re-apply ? what should I do ?

Please help....

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any applicants who applied by paper late Jan and got a decision on their work permit.

Applied: Jan 29

waiting for decision. :(

canadavisaboy

May 10, 2016
I just wanted to share my timeline.

Applied online: April 27th, 2016th
Updates: April 28th, May 7th, May10th
Approved: May 10th
Mail delivered: May 17th

All the best everyone

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
Hi, I'd just like to ask something about PGWP. Suppose I will finish my studies on April 10 2017, and my study permit will expire on May 15 2017. If I would be able to submit PGWP application before my study permit expires, do I need to renew my study permit while waiting for the decision of CIC? Or, should I renew (or extend) my permit so that it would be valid until the decision comes out?

thineshbio

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
Hi, you should have a valid study permit when you submit your application for PGWP. After submitting your application, you will go under implied status if your study permit expires before your PGWP is approved. Hope this helps.

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To all paper applicants waiting for their pgwp, here's my timeline.

Applied: Jan 26th, 2016
Received by cic: Jan 29th, 2016
Approved: May 24th, 2016 for 3 years
Mail Delivery: May 30th, 2016

God is great. I wish all of you waiting for your permit, best of luck. :)

wertpaw020

Feb 16, 2016
to all paper applicant this my story i applied my pgwp on october 21 but on january 26 my pgwp got refuse bcz i dnt not pay 100 dollar on the refuse letter it indicate that i have a valid status until march 2017, and it also indicate that i can reapply with the all the documents with the $100 reciept and the $155 reciept. I reapply on feb 2 i waited for month and by the way march i had to travle for the wedding back home . I waited for 3 months until i travel back to canada wherein i was able to come canada bcz i had a valid visa . When i came i tried to call cic but it was busy after two weeks i tried to call them
And cic agent told me my pgwp was approved on 16 and it mailed out after i made the call i receive my hardcopy pgwp on my mail on the same day i made call . My pgwp is issued may 16 i got 3 yrs
God is great good luck for those who are waiting . It was really tough days for me

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Congratulations to everyone who has recently received their PGWP! Just waiting for my final transcript and will go to the nearest border to flagpole soon! Fingers crossed! :)

jubear

May 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DesertBoi27 said:
Hi, I'd just like to ask something about PGWP. Suppose I will finish my studies on April 10 2017, and my study permit will expire on May 15 2017. If I would be able to submit PGWP application before my study permit expires, do I need to renew my study permit while waiting for the decision of CIC? Or, should I renew (or extend) my permit so that it would be valid until the decision comes out?
DesertBoi27,

It depends.

1. Know the deadline date to apply for graduation. If you are sure that you will be graduating in Spring (for June convocation), then most probably the deadline is either December 1, 2016 or December 31, 2016. So make a good analysis of how many credits you've taken so far and how many are remaining and then speak to an International students academic advisor to be sure.

2. By now you should roughly know how long it takes to get Spring semester results back every year. Alternatively, find out when the university senate sits to approve the results for Spring 2017. Usually most universities and colleges have exams up to the end of the 3rd week of April. So approval for you to graduate might be in the 1st or 2nd week of May; then convocations (grad ceremonies) around Canada in June onwards begin.

So endeavor to speak to your department/faculty/school chair and the staff in the registrar's office to be sure. Find out how long it takes.

3. Once the university notifies you that you've been approved to graduate, then apply to the registrar's office for an Official Transcript AND an Official Confirmation Letter stating that you began your program on date XYZ and have completed it on date XYZ. Again, find out how long it takes to get the those two documents.

4. Once you get it then, apply for a PGWP.

Note: Find out from the Office of the Registrar if they can give you a supporting letter to extend your SP now even you are graduating soon. Some institutions don't.

Now the reason I stated all the above is to give you a plan to avoid any time wasting whether you have lots of time on your SP or not. Why? Because I've seen numerous applicants who even had a year left on their SP but still applied late. They forgot one simple rule:
- To apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (a transcript or an official letter).

So to answer your question, apply for a SP extension now while you are still eligible to study.

Good luck and congratulations in advance on your graduation!

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I applied for TRV within Canada after getting my PGWP. Since the processing time for TRV has passed and no decision has been made on my application, I sent mail to CPP Ottawa and they replied.

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times".

Anyone in similar situation?

wertpaw020

Feb 16, 2016
nasif_29 said:
Hi All,

I applied for TRV within Canada after getting my PGWP. Since the processing time for TRV has passed and no decision has been made on my application, I sent mail to CPP Ottawa and they replied.

"Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times".

Anyone in similar situation?
its a online or paper application ?

nasif_29

Jan 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wertpaw020 said:
its a online or paper application ?
Online application. I called CIC today again and they said my application is pending background check. I dont know what do they do for background check.

frustratedcanadian

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-11-2016
Flagpoled last week at the Peace Arch Border to obtain my PGWP.. probably took us 45mins to an hour due to traffic coming into Canada.. got my 3 year PGWP on the spot! I suggest flagpoling instead of applying online.

Apr 24, 2016
I'd like to share my timeline for any paper applicants still waiting

Applied: March 4, 2016
Received: March 7, 2016
Linked application online: June 1, 2016
Approved: June 23, 2016
Approval message: June 24, 2016

Waiting for hard copy!

Thank you all for your updates and continued support! May God bless you all and good luck with your wait :)