+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Less than 6 month stay.

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
Hi guys! I am enrolled in a program that is less than 6 months in duration (22 weeks) according to the IRCC website i will not need a study permit but i am wondering when I am allowed to enter the country if I have the acceptance letter. There is a test entry for the course on the 10th of October and the courses begin on the 30th october. Can I enter canada on september 30th for example without the permit?

Thank You for the responses!

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello, holy_fluffy! What is your Nationality? You can enter Canada via 2 options: 1. Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) if you are from a country that requires visa to enter Canada; and 2. Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). This is the entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals and will travel to Canada by air :)

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
Hello, holy_fluffy! What is your Nationality? You can enter Canada via 2 options: 1. Apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) if you are from a country that requires visa to enter Canada; and 2. Apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA). This is the entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals and will travel to Canada by air :)
I'm from Pakistan, liiving in UAE, either of which are not a visa-exmpt countries last I checked which means I can just travel to canada without the permit correct?

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
i will get the TRV upon entering Canada am I correct?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
i will get the TRV upon entering Canada am I correct?
No - you need to apply for the TRV in advance. You cannot get one when you enter Canada. You are from a non-visa exempt country. This means you need a TRV to board the plane and fly to Canada. Without a TRV, the airline will refused you boarding.

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Ms. Scylla is correct. Plus, you have to apply now if you need to be in Canada by October 10 for the entrance test :)

Asr_1990

Sep 15, 2017
Hello sir,

I have applied Open Work Permit inside the Canada in July 10, 2017 but still waiting for the decision on it. Now September 14th 2017 over no update on it. I have seen that now processing time reduced to 14th week as earlier it was 16th week. Please advice what to do? How much time CPC Vegreville will take more?

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
Ms. Scylla is correct. Plus, you have to apply now if you need to be in Canada by October 10 for the entrance test :)
Will do! It asks me for an invitation letter tho, what do i do and also how much money do I state I have for my stay in canada. Thank you for your help

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
No - you need to apply for the TRV in advance. You cannot get one when you enter Canada. You are from a non-visa exempt country. This means you need a TRV to board the plane and fly to Canada. Without a TRV, the airline will refused you boarding.
Will do! It asks me for an invitation letter tho, what do i do and also how much money do I state I have for my stay in canada. Thank you for your help

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
You can upload here the Acceptance Letter you mentioned plus if you are going to stay in a relative's or friend's place you ask an invitation letter from them. What has been said here is 1K CAD per week of stay + airfare. If no one will accommodate you in Canada then include in your expenses the accommodation plus the tuition you have to pay for your study. :)

Khris6

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
In addition, based on CIC website, the processing time for TRV application from UAE is 51 days so I think there will be a time constraint on your application.

kang saab

Sep 16, 2017
New reply on "i am indian ,living in uae from last 3 yrs ,applied visiter visa( to attend 's frnds marrige on his legal invitation from canada) on 29.09.2017. ,application updated 31.08.2017..i submit ticket depp- 15.09.2017 return on 30.09.2017 . Marrige is on 22.09.2017??how long it take max/min to make decision on my application ??i applied online from canada"

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Minimum is a few days. Maximum is several months.

holy_fluffy

Sep 14, 2017
Minimum is a few days. Maximum is several months.
Hi u seem to be quite knowledgeable about this :D so i'm just gonna ask you, I firstly applied for my study permit for a different uni in computer science but I got denied the visa this month and im reapplying with a stronger application for a different learning institute and an English program college degree becuase i lost my placement in the other uni i have paid my fees as well as residence, do you think there will be a problem in issuing the study visa for 6 months. Thank you!