+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing in Saskatoon - Accomodation help!!!

Ishneetd

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2015
AOR Received.
19-02-2016
Med's Done....
23-02-2016
LANDED..........
November 2016
Hi,

I and my husband are expecting to land in Saskatoon in June 2016. It would be very helpful if anyone can guide us with -

1. Which areas are good to live? - Considering Cost of living - house rent, proximity to market - groceries etc., public transit systems, easily find jobs nearby
2. How much rent would it be typically - We are 2 ppl - Husband & Wife - We intend to stay in the most budget-friendly way but proximity to grocery stores & local transportation - We are fine with the idea of staying in 1 bedroom apartments or basements initially
3. Can we book an accomodation before landing in Saskatoon - While making the payment as soon as we arrive
4. We can also consider booking an accomodation for only 2 months initially - As we will have to see where we get jobs and places where we are comfortable in - SO is it possible to rent an accomodation for just 2 months

Thanks,
Ishneet

JUST CHILL

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Can search on Kijiji saskatoon site but make sure u don't make payment to anyone before you see, coz on these sites many a time you can get scammed also. Just reply to th add which seem appealing to u and then Google search t area as a new resident mak sure your accommodation in closer or opposite to malls that way it will be easy for shopping and better bus connectivity, which u need in early days.

Fredrick_n

May 5, 2017
Hi,

I and my husband are expecting to land in Saskatoon in June 2016. It would be very helpful if anyone can guide us with -

1. Which areas are good to live? - Considering Cost of living - house rent, proximity to market - groceries etc., public transit systems, easily find jobs nearby
2. How much rent would it be typically - We are 2 ppl - Husband & Wife - We intend to stay in the most budget-friendly way but proximity to grocery stores & local transportation - We are fine with the idea of staying in 1 bedroom apartments or basements initially
3. Can we book an accomodation before landing in Saskatoon - While making the payment as soon as we arrive
4. We can also consider booking an accomodation for only 2 months initially - As we will have to see where we get jobs and places where we are comfortable in - SO is it possible to rent an accomodation for just 2 months

Thanks,
Ishneet
im in the same boat, if you have any useful info, please let me know too
A year and a half has passed since you initially asked that question. now I am where you were last year.
care to answer these questions yourself, to guide people like me ?

thanks in advance !

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Can anyone respond?
I'm in the same boat. Need your guidance ppl.
Thank you!