+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing and going back the US

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
(one day, one week) just to get the Social Insurance Number (numéro d'assurance sociale -NAS), any provincial medical plan registration.
just by land (just using private vehicle, non commercial) you can cross the border with the valid CoRP and your passport you can go back and go out Canada till your Residence Card arrive.
Reminder that the OP will need a Canadian address for their PR card to be mailed to.

Reactions: mpsqra

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi All, I received my copr this week and I'm planning to land next week for a week. Need help in figuring out how much detail to put in the B4 form. I can just say linens, clothes shoes etc right or do I have to count the number of items? Same goes with kitchen stuff, furniture etc. Apart from the bigger pieces do I have to list out every single lamp, grill pan etc?

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
If someone does a short landing and applies for PR car. What if there is a need to travel while waiting for PR card.
How can re-entry to Canada be done without it? can COPR be used to re-enter Canada by road?

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
If someone does a short landing and applies for PR car. What if there is a need to travel while waiting for PR card.
How can re-entry to Canada be done without it? can COPR be used to re-enter Canada by road?
by road in a private vehicle and not expire CoPR

Reactions: supreets2

yodheydhara

Sep 12, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
09-10-2016
Yes you can travel outside Canada. If you are entering by road in a private vehicle, you need the CoPR. If you are traveling by any other
means - Flight, Train, Bus, Ship etc, you will need a PRTD. You can find out more about the Permanent Resident Travel Document on the CIC website.
My personal suggestion is, drive in a personal or rented car if you can .. that will save a lot of hassle for PRTD.

aru_nova81

Oct 19, 2017
I got my PRvisa stamped thru express entry . My wife and me are working in USA .We are planning to give my friends address who stays in canada and return back to USA after a week.Please post any tips or guidance who has similar experience.Please share Do's/Donts.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
I got my PRvisa stamped thru express entry . My wife and me are working in USA .We are planning to give my friends address who stays in canada and return back to USA after a week.Please post any tips or guidance who has similar experience.Please share Do's/Donts.
that's fine, you will receive your PR cards in 60 days
apply for the NAS and the medical insurance
you can cross the border by private car with your passport and CoPR (check the expire date)

aru_nova81

Oct 19, 2017
Thanks fo the reply . What does counterfoil refers . How many years they give validity for the PR card . In what cases they give pr with one year validity

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Thanks fo the reply . What does counterfoil refers . How many years they give validity for the PR card . In what cases they give pr with one year validity
counterfoil refers the PR VISA on your passport
the PR card would be 5 years
you should renew and meet the residence requirements