+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing and Address

Arsenal

May 15, 2009
I am planning to land next month in Alberta. As AINP I am looking to live in Alberta.

When I enter the borders through Alberta, can I supply a Toronto Address ( a relative's address) to get the PR card mailed to? or does this address has to be in Alberta?

I will be staying in a hotel for few week in Calgary until I finish everything and settle down (rent a place, look for jobs, get the SS card, ..etc) . I will come back to the US and finish up my things and move back to Calgary.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Arsenal said:
I am planning to land next month in Alberta. As AINP I am looking to live in Alberta.

When I enter the borders through Alberta, can I supply a Toronto Address ( a relative's address) to get the PR card mailed to? or does this address has to be in Alberta?

Yes you can provide your friend's address. Make sure your friend will send the PR card to you before the next time you enter Canada, or else you would need to apply a travel document beforehand.

I will be staying in a hotel for few week in Calgary until I finish everything and settle down (rent a place, look for jobs, get the SS card, ..etc) . I will come back to the US and finish up my things and move back to Calgary.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, as long as the address is in Canada, whether it is in Ontario and Yukon.

nazishk

Nov 18, 2013
hi
plz answer my query. My CORP says the destination is Alberta but I want to land in Toronto at my cousin's house and live there until my husband comes back from Middle east after finishing his job contract.. Is there any problem in it as I first wrote the place i intended to live is Alberta and now i am going to settle in Toronto. I am in FSW program and I am the major applicant.

Suleman Aziz

Star Member
Jan 23, 2013
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-04-2010
Med's Request
04-04-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Passport Req..
05-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2014
LANDED..........
14-08-2014 In Sha Allah
It will not be any issue you can freely land in Toronto no prob.

nazishk said:
hi
plz answer my query. My CORP says the destination is Alberta but I want to land in Toronto at my cousin's house and live there until my husband comes back from Middle east after finishing his job contract.. Is there any problem in it as I first wrote the place i intended to live is Alberta and now i am going to settle in Toronto. I am in FSW program and I am the major applicant.

fallen_hero

Aug 23, 2012
Hi All,

I am Quebec skilled worker, who recently landed. I have not given any mailing address for the pr card, as I don't know my whereabouts in a month and pr card takes more than 3 months now. The thing is I stated to reside in quebec and montreal, but I have job offer that requires me to move to a different province. What are my options here. According to the officer I can give the new address in montreal when i move in to my new location, but since it will be outside quebec will that cause any problem. Please help me decide quickly.

Please also tell me the source of your information, cuz I have been told by friends that moving outside of your intended province is a problem

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Hi All,

I am Quebec skilled worker, who recently landed. I have not given any mailing address for the pr card, as I don't know my whereabouts in a month and pr card takes more than 3 months now. The thing is I stated to reside in quebec and montreal, but I have job offer that requires me to move to a different province. What are my options here. According to the officer I can give the new address in montreal when i move in to my new location, but since it will be outside quebec will that cause any problem. Please help me decide quickly.

Please also tell me the source of your information, cuz I have been told by friends that moving outside of your intended province is a problem
First off, if you have a smartphone and PC you shouldn't have trouble getting around in Montreal, plus the transport system is great and the road network if you want to walk. Now, (1) address issue: go to ups.ca, search for your nearest UPS store, call them (phone is always indicated on the site) and inquire about mailbox rental rates. Talk to about 3 stores, rates differ. When you rent the box you get a street address not P.O. Box and once you get mail (you receive email notifications), the store can forward it to your preferred address at an additional fee. This is what I did, in Montreal. After your card is delivered you can choose not to renew the box lease. Be sure to go online and update your address info for card delivery. (2) moving to different province: this is not a problem, you can move as its not illegal. But I recommend you give IRCC a Montreal address for delivery of your card.
So, rent mail box in montreal, update info on CIC site, and go start on your job. When card is delivered, the store will notify you via email, you call them ask them to forward mail to an address you provide.

All the best