+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Landing after vacation?

kaybea

Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys!

So I received my COPR yesterday in the mail (woop!) and now I'm getting ready for landing and I think I have two options.

1. To land at Niagara Falls on Tuesday and probably wait until around December or later for my PR card to come in.

2. To go on a scheduled vacation to Florida in November on my BOWP visa and land on my way back in to Canada and just wait it out a little longer for my PR card.

Can anyone tell me if option 2 is a viable option? I was going to cancel my vacation but if I can go, I'd love to! I just don't want to be denied entry to Canada on my way back, as I'm an inland CEC applicant.

If anyone has done anything similar or has any advice, I'd really appreciate some guidance! :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey guys!

So I received my COPR yesterday in the mail (woop!) and now I'm getting ready for landing and I think I have two options.

1. To land at Niagara Falls on Tuesday and probably wait until around December or later for my PR card to come in.

2. To go on a scheduled vacation to Florida in November on my BOWP visa and land on my way back in to Canada and just wait it out a little longer for my PR card.

Can anyone tell me if option 2 is a viable option? I was going to cancel my vacation but if I can go, I'd love to! I just don't want to be denied entry to Canada on my way back, as I'm an inland CEC applicant.

If anyone has done anything similar or has any advice, I'd really appreciate some guidance! :)
Hi

If you go with Option 1, you will not have a PR card in time to return to Canada from your trip in November. You would have to apply for a PRTD, which can take awhile, or fly to an American border city and cross into Canada by land.

Option 2 is far easier. Why would you think you would be denied entry?

kaybea

Sep 12, 2017
Hi

If you go with Option 1, you will not have a PR card in time to return to Canada from your trip in November. You would have to apply for a PRTD, which can take awhile, or fly to an American border city and cross into Canada by land.

Option 2 is far easier. Why would you think you would be denied entry?

Thanks for your reply!

If I went with option 1, I was planning on cancelling my vacation.

Option 2 is far easier- but I'm just paranoid! Wasn't sure if being an inland applicant would affect me entering Canada and landing at the airport or not.