+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Kingston,Jamaica

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
Well the baby situation is a curve ball but honestly there's nothing the lawyer is doing that you cannot so yourself.

So if you wanna sum of the birth of the new baby as a time when you were on a break or something to that effect
However, I suggest you get ahead of it don't let them ask you about it so your relationship story might require a couple pages to answer the red flags.

Likely they will ask for an interview and at that point your husband will need to explain in his words why you're the one for him and why he isn't using you. Keep in mind they are doing this to protect you and provided your husband is genuine this will be difficult but doable to pass. They will grill him so be prepared for that.

People date while being separated so thats no biggie and like you just wrote to me explain to them there was no real official title to your relationship until whatever date... keep in mind if the serious date was after conception of new baby there might be an issue.

It seems you and him had a relationship prior to was long distant so you didnt put too much weight on it, he came and you guys realize you have a good vibe and decided to make it serious....

Again what may seem as red flag I see a good relationship story.
Hello,

I am replying to answer this further for anyone that may do a google search for something similar. I spoke with CIC and they advised me that the charge of Fraud does not fall under the bar that they use for spousal sponsorship.

I should have called them a long time ago...

Good luck to anyone who may come across this tread.

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good stuff so this means you can sponsor, right?

Hello,

I am replying to answer this further for anyone that may do a google search for something similar. I spoke with CIC and they advised me that the charge of Fraud does not fall under the bar that they use for spousal sponsorship.

I should have called them a long time ago...

Good luck to anyone who may come across this tread.

MJR16

Oct 7, 2016
To anyone in this group who is going through this process, I just wanted to take a minute to sincerely wish you nothing but the best. I know how hard this is. I am at the end of appealing a denial and the beginning of re-submitting. It’s been hard. It feels like torture to not be allowed to have your spouse or family member with you, separated by water, finances and BS. I pray for everyone’s strength, don’t get weary, I pray for a speedy process for everyone. Thank you to anyone who has ever inboxed me-you have no idea how much I appreciate you and your help. God bless everyone who is struggling. Keep your head up, if God brings you to it He will bring you through it.

ashmorgan18

Jan 13, 2019
Hey everyone, I sent my application in October 1 to sponsor my husband, I never heard anything, I was looking over my credit card statement last week and noticed I had a full refund on December 28th for all the fees I paid, when i called CIC no one had any record of me or my husband, all she could tell me is my app was probably lost in the center somewhere and since they had a payment in their system with nothing to attach it to, they did a refund, SO NOW I am starting allll over again, I had to get my husband in Jamaica to go and get a brand new police check and photos, Had to send him some pages of the application for him to sign, so now I just have to wait for those to be sent back to me then I ahve to send wverything back again. Ugh this is a real good set back happening for us now :(

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please make sure you are using the December forms when you reapply.

Also send your application with tracking number.

It's ok think of how you'll feel once you are done.

Remember to pay biometric fees

Hey everyone, I sent my application in October 1 to sponsor my husband, I never heard anything, I was looking over my credit card statement last week and noticed I had a full refund on December 28th for all the fees I paid, when i called CIC no one had any record of me or my husband, all she could tell me is my app was probably lost in the center somewhere and since they had a payment in their system with nothing to attach it to, they did a refund, SO NOW I am starting allll over again, I had to get my husband in Jamaica to go and get a brand new police check and photos, Had to send him some pages of the application for him to sign, so now I just have to wait for those to be sent back to me then I ahve to send wverything back again. Ugh this is a real good set back happening for us now :(

ashmorgan18

Jan 13, 2019
Please make sure you are using the December forms when you reapply.

Also send your application with tracking number.

It's ok think of how you'll feel once you are done.

Remember to pay biometric fees

yes, I have all the brand new forms printed and will be paying the biometrics fee once I submit app again when i get the stuff from Hubby in JA

IrieLady

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 23, 2015
AOR Received.
Nov 12,2015
Passport Req..
Feb 5, 2016
Hi All,
I am trying to sponsor my mother who is in Jamaica. I was advised that I was found eligible to sponsor and they are sending my application to Jamaica for further processing. Anyone knows how long it usually takes at this stage to be finalized?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe it depends on when they got your application. I think the processing time is 26 months from start to finish. So subtract the time spent in Canada from 26 to give you an average.

Hi All,
I am trying to sponsor my mother who is in Jamaica. I was advised that I was found eligible to sponsor and they are sending my application to Jamaica for further processing. Anyone knows how long it usually takes at this stage to be finalized?

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi All,
Total time based on the website is 20-24 months, but I can be shorter. My parents did police record and now waiting on medical.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
To anyone in this group who is going through this process, I just wanted to take a minute to sincerely wish you nothing but the best. I know how hard this is. I am at the end of appealing a denial and the beginning of re-submitting. It’s been hard. It feels like torture to not be allowed to have your spouse or family member with you, separated by water, finances and BS. I pray for everyone’s strength, don’t get weary, I pray for a speedy process for everyone. Thank you to anyone who has ever inboxed me-you have no idea how much I appreciate you and your help. God bless everyone who is struggling. Keep your head up, if God brings you to it He will bring you through it.
How is the resubmitting going?

BullsBelle

Jun 5, 2013
ONTARIO
Visa Office......
Kingston
HELLO
I RECENTLY GOT MARRIED AND MY HUSBAND IS INLAND.
HE CAME UP ON FARMWORK AND LEFT AFTER A COUPLE OF MONTHS DUE TO WORKING CONDITIONS. WE APPLIED FOR A VISA EXTENSION IN DECEMBER THROUGH A IMMIGRATION LAWYER, LITERALLY 15 DAYS BEFORE HIS STAMP WAS UP FOR HIS PERMIT AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD ANYTHING BACK YET. IS THIS NORMAL?

ALSO, I SEEN IT TAKES 6-8 WEEKS TO REGISTER A MARRIAGE IN ONTARIO AND ANOTHER 12 WEEKS TO GET THE LICENCE... AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK HERE? MY QUESTION IS, DO WE NEED THE LICENCE TO SUBMIT OUR PAPER WORK OR CAN WE USE THE MARRIAGE SOLEMNIZATION WE SIGNED WHEN WE GOT MARRIED?

I HOPE I DID NOT CONFUSE YOU :)