mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi everyone.

I'm new and confused. I live in Canada and my boyfriend lives in Jamaica. We have been dating off and on for 3 years. Myself and him want him to come to Canada where do I start and what do I do. Please group guide me thru it is much appreciated.
A lawyer is the best recomendation to iniciate the process

EasyFlo876

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys, I am a Jamaican and my girlfriend is a Canadian. We have been together for 3 years and we are going to get married soon. I would like some guidance and how to prepare and submit our application correctly. We are thinking of doing all paper works whilst she is here so when she return to Canada she can send them in. Under the new system how does one do a up front medical and police clearance? Is there anything I should not do when completing the paper works to avoid delays?

destinedlove

Star Member
Sep 19, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KVO
App. Filed.......
April, 28, 2017
Doc's Request.
June 02, 2017
AOR Received.
May 26, 2017
File Transfer...
July 11, 2017
Med's Request
June 05, 2017
Med's Done....
June 08,2017; Passed June 23, 2017
Interview........
Nov 21, 2017
Passport Req..
Dec 4, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2017
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi guys, I am a Jamaican and my girlfriend is a Canadian. We have been together for 3 years and we are going to get married soon. I would like some guidance and how to prepare and submit our application correctly. We are thinking of doing all paper works whilst she is here so when she return to Canada she can send them in. Under the new system how does one do a up front medical and police clearance? Is there anything I should not do when completing the paper works to avoid delays?
All the application details are online, simply follow the guide. I would advise that you write a cover letter to include your whole love story. Cover things that may a red flag. There is a new application which many have not used, but I see that CIC has done extra things to ensure the application is filled out properly

Reactions: Munchiie and adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Hey, Destinedforlove is correct. The easiest way to get organized is to have a good look at the actual application and the accompanying instructions. It can feel a little overwhelming at first, but go one form at a time. It's actually quite easy to get the police clearance done up front- just follow the instructions here: http://www.mns.gov.jm/content/how-obtain-police-record and once you get the record, send it in with your application. Unfortunately, with the new application, there is no way to get the medical done up front. In order to get the medical done, you will need for CIC to contact you with a form which you need to book the appointment. Best of luck!

chucky44

Feb 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
30-06-15
AOR Received.
02-08-15
File Transfer...
31-08-15 and Kingston started Process 9-9-15
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
22-04-15
Interview........
11-08-16 and got interview e-mail 07-07-16
Passport Req..
11-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-16
LANDED..........
22-08-16
A lawyer is the best recomendation to iniciate the process
Everything may look yard but relive me it is not i didn't use any law i did by myself and with the help of this forum.

chandy

Sep 24, 2015
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone
So I've been reading this forum for a while and at times I get so scared by what I read I feel like crying but then I see some good ones and they call me down . So me and hubby has been together since 2010, he proposed 2013 and we got married 2017. Due to our position and the fact that we just want to be by each other's side we kept a small ceremony with just immediate family members. I'm ready to do my application but I was wondering if our small intimate ceremony will cause any issues and I was hoping to get some Detailed information and help with filling my application please I'd appreciate it. Congratulations to everyone who's finnally been united with their spouse and everyone that's waiting I wish you guys all the best.

Munchiie

Jul 3, 2017
Everything may look yard but relive me it is not i didn't use any law i did by myself and with the help of this forum.
I can't afford a lawyer now either. So that is a no go for me. I guess the next question would be where do I start of you don't mind.

Munchiie

Jul 3, 2017
Be aware that visitors visa are not readily issued. I am not sure of the official reason as many that have family, assets, employment, home ownership and cash. All of which demonstrates reasons they will return to Jamaica get denied. And even those married, which is wrong. Our spouses should be allowed to visit, now why would we jeopardize our spousal application
Wow that is crazy but it's not our rule. So I guess the best thing to do is get married and apply. But would they look at the fact I get married next month for example and do the paper work couple weeks after.

destinyjam2can

Apr 2, 2017
Wow that is crazy but it's not our rule. So I guess the best thing to do is get married and apply. But would they look at the fact I get married next month for example and do the paper work couple weeks after.
They look mostly into how long you both know each other and how long after meeting our got married. They do look at how soon after marriage you apply. Just have to your proof you be okay.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi everyone
So I've been reading this forum for a while and at times I get so scared by what I read I feel like crying but then I see some good ones and they call me down . So me and hubby has been together since 2010, he proposed 2013 and we got married 2017. Due to our position and the fact that we just want to be by each other's side we kept a small ceremony with just immediate family members. I'm ready to do my application but I was wondering if our small intimate ceremony will cause any issues and I was hoping to get some Detailed information and help with filling my application please I'd appreciate it. Congratulations to everyone who's finnally been united with their spouse and everyone that's waiting I wish you guys all the best.
I did a small ceremony too, in total there were 15 persons. It doesn't matter how small the ceremony is just make sure you take lots of pictures. I included pictures from our years together.

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Everyone!
My hubby and I submitted my application in May of this year. So far they have asked me for police record, security form ( forgot the official name ) and medical. I did my medical on June 30 and within a week I saw that I passed it. My husband was emailed and they informed him that they are now sending my application to Jamaica. That was about 3 weeks ago. I've not heard a word yet. I'm going yo Canada to spend two weeks with hubby next week. My question is what is the next step after they inform hubby they sending my documents to Jamaica and how long does it takes. A friend told me they will now request my passport but I'm not sure. Plus I'm leaving the island for two weeks.

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Hi Everyone!
My hubby and I submitted my application in May of this year. So far they have asked me for police record, security form ( forgot the official name ) and medical. I did my medical on June 30 and within a week I saw that I passed it. My husband was emailed and they informed him that they are now sending my application to Jamaica. That was about 3 weeks ago. I've not heard a word yet. I'm going yo Canada to spend two weeks with hubby next week. My question is what is the next step after they inform hubby they sending my documents to Jamaica and how long does it takes. A friend told me they will now request my passport but I'm not sure. Plus I'm leaving the island for two weeks.
Welcome :) Feel free to join the other thread we have going over here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/kingston-jamaica-new-application-as-of-dec-7-2016.487168/page-16

If you have a look at the spreadsheet in my signature, it'll give you a good approximation of how long you have to wait for the next steps to come. Unfortunately, it seems that Kingston requires interviews for everyone. There are a few of us who applied Jan-February and we were contacted May/June for interview in Sept/Oct... Enjoy your time in Canada with hubby!

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Thank you so much adt83. My friend recently went through the process in Jamaica and she wasn't interviewed. Either the case with me, I should be fine. My husband and I have a 10 month old son together who is now a Canadian Citizen because my hubby did a proof of citizenship for him.