+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***KINGSTON, JAMAICA **New Application**(as of Dec 7, 2016)***

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
Thank you for the quick response.

I am going to hire a consultant to do the paperwork.

Is there always an interview before he will get granted acceptance?

Reactions: adt83

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
Thank you for the quick response.

I am going to hire a consultant to do the paperwork.

Is there always an interview before he will get granted acceptance?
The application is ridiculously overwhelming at first, but once you start, it's actually not as bad as it first appears. It's definitely your decision, but if anything, I would just hire a consultant or a lawyer to review the application to make sure it is complete before submitting it. That always seems to be the biggest misstep- a missed signature, or forgotten form. They checklists are a big help, but always good to have an extra pair of eyes skim it over. This forum is a wealth of knowledge, and everyone is more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you have through the process. :) Would save you some money for your Mexico trip and future Jamaican journeys.

As for the interviews- unfortunately, yes- as of the last year or so, it seems Kingston is interviewing everyone before issuing a visa. In my opinion, this is another good reason for you and hubby to do the application together- the interview questions can really only be based upon what information is in the application. By immersing yourself in the tedious task of filling it all out yourselves, you too will know it inside and out! :D

The good news, is its usually on the spot once the interview is over. So typically speaking, once you have that interview date, you have a pretty good chance of knowing when hubby will be coming home to you!

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
KVO seems quiet since the last batch was sent July 11th.

for those who receive interview request does gkey show BGC completed?

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
I have heard so many different things, from hiring a consultant makes it faster and less of a hassle, is this true?

I'm full of questions so I'm going to apologize now, sorry.

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
hey everyone
glad to see everyone chatting
no change here :-/ but still thankful it reached KVO

question for those with interview dates ( i'm getting exciting for you guys October is around the corner :-D)

Did Kingston only call or sent an email as well ? when huzzy goes out to sea sometimes reception gets bad depending how far he goes, I'm so worried that's when they'll call

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
Also I agree you can definitely manage putting together the application yourself it's really straight forward and you could always have someone look it over for you.
Just take your time and read all the steps

Things I did extra that wasn't required but just to add extra insurance was
notoriesed all documents and ID's
cover letter

rowbabe

Mar 30, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
16/01/2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
17/01/2017
File Transfer...
11/04/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
07/09/2017
Passport Req..
07/09/2017
We
hey everyone
glad to see everyone chatting
no change here :-/ but still thankful it reached KVO

question for those with interview dates ( i'm getting exciting for you guys October is around the corner :-D)

Did Kingston only call or sent an email as well ? when huzzy goes out to sea sometimes reception gets bad depending how far he goes, I'm so worried that's when they'll call
just got an email NO call!

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

GReaper

Aug 9, 2017
So no fellow Jamaican in this forum wants to speak to me to assist me in anyway they can? Come on I don't think Jamaicans really act this way. I have whatsapp messenger where I can vn to make the conversation easier. My number is 1 876 414-0590. Thanks
If you are planning or getting married or already married or in a conjugal or common law relationship with either a Canadian citizen or permanent resident then you are in the right place and forum. If that's the case you can state your questions or concerns and I'm sure a fellow Jamaican in this forum will give you some advice and help. If not then you may be posting in the wrong thread.

leaannbowes

Star Member
Aug 15, 2017
With the help of this site I have started all the paperwork. Its ALOT forsure.

What does PCC mean???

So far I see that my husband has to fill out, the Generic Application Form, Schedule A and Use of Representative, provide passport photos and provide a police record when requested.

Am I on the right path??

Thank you

JamaicanSnowflake

Aug 20, 2013
Quebec
With the help of this site I have started all the paperwork. Its ALOT forsure.

What does PCC mean???

So far I see that my husband has to fill out, the Generic Application Form, Schedule A and Use of Representative, provide passport photos and provide a police record when requested.

Am I on the right path??

Thank you
pcc
police clearance certificate

step by step its really easy

adt83

Oct 5, 2015
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
23-01-2017
AOR Received.
02/14/2017
File Transfer...
10-02-2017
Med's Done....
Done Upfront
Interview........
06/10/2017
Passport Req..
06/10/2017
VISA ISSUED...
06/10/2017
LANDED..........
23/09/2017
We

just got an email NO call!
Same here, we got email notification that there was a message in his CIC account, which was where the invite letter was uploaded. :)

Reactions: JamaicanSnowflake

steen

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2013
Doc's Request.
April 23 2014
File Transfer...
July 2013
Med's Request
April 24 2014 for children
Med's Done....
June 2013. Now extended until April 30th 2015
Passport Req..
Jan 22 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 31/2015!!!!
Anyone know approximately how long it's been taking for unaccompanied children to get visas back after passport requests? Hubby's took hardly any time (6 days back in 2015) but the children's have been sent out 3 weeks ago today and still nothing. They have confirmed they have the passports but we were really hoping to have them here before school starts.

ludabrown

Apr 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
KINGSTON
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
06-07-2017
Med's Request
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
07-07-2017
Interview........
06-03-2018
Passport Req..
06-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2018
I sent email to KVO and received this Reply;

This Family Class application was received in Kingston on 11 July 2017. The application is currently in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Following the initial review, the applicant will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date the application is received by the Kingston visa office. The times to first review, interview (if required), and finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in Kingston for the last 12 months, consult this link

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I sent email to KVO and received this Reply;

This Family Class application was received in Kingston on 11 July 2017. The application is currently in the queue for initial review. It will be reviewed in accordance with its place in the queue for applicants in this category, based on the application received date. Following the initial review, the applicant will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Processing times for these applications are calculated from the date the application is received by the Kingston visa office. The times to first review, interview (if required), and finalization may vary depending on the number of new applications received and the individual complexity of each application. For actual processing times of permanent resident applications in Kingston for the last 12 months, consult this link
I havent heard back yet from Kingston. This wait to hear anything is killing me. App is with them since June 6. No word. I wonder if hubby will need an interview. He had 2 interviews for TRV. We will see another week done.