+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just wanted to share my timeline for citizenship

coolguy911

Aug 8, 2014
Citizenship
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 18, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on March 14, 2014 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on August 5, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on August 21, 2014 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

janon

Aug 9, 2014
Hello all! Hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer! I thought it'd be best if I shared my citizenship application timeline for the CIC Mississauga Office.

28 November 2013: Application for Citizenship (Adult Grant) was received and Study guide was mailed.
9 February 2014: Started processing the application
10 July 2014: Notice to appear for citizenship test and interview
25 July 2014: Citizenship test and Interview (Passed with 20/20!)
6 August 2014: Notice to appear for Oath Ceremony
21 August 2014: Oath ceremony will take place (It happens to be my BIRTHDAY!)

The test and oath took place at 3085 Glen Erin Drive in Mississauga. The people are really nice, they tell you to relax. The test is easy, just read the book. There is no reason you should fail if you studied, unless you have difficulty with English/French. The interview goes through quick if all the dates on your residence calculator and passport stamps match up. Remember to take your landing document, PR card, 2 pieces of photo ID, Current passport and the passport you immigrated with (if applicable), invitation letter with you to the test! You may bring all other originals but they really don't care about that, as far as I saw with all the people there.

Be honest with the officer about your availability for the oath. If you cannot make it until after a certain date, inform them there and they will make sure that you will be scheduled soon after the date of your first availability. They are not going to purposely delay your application for no reason because they don't want to deal with backlogged files. They will not be angry or suspicious if you tell them about your dates of availability. Don't be nervous when talking to them, they are humans just like you are.

If you didn't pass the test, they were very nice about getting you the fastest date possible to come back to redo it. They will not delay your application. Lastly, good luck! You have made this journey to become Canadian! I plan on treasuring my citizenship for the rest of my life, not as some guaranteed form of permanent visa and healthcare tourism. Also, remember to VOTE! We have earned it! :D 8)