+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Just wanted to share my timeline for citizenship

jcity

Feb 17, 2010
Recieved application by CIC - 6th March 2009

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book called A Look at Canada on March 6, 2009.

We started processing your application on September 24, 2009.
file was transferred to the Scarboro Citizenship office on October 21, 2009

the citizenship test on December 7, 2009

appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 5, 2010.

I am sooooooooooo happy, I am done waiting,, this post will help others to get an idea about the process. good luck

Beaver

Feb 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations, jcity! Most of all, no more worrying about gathering documents for RQ. :D

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's my story:
CPC received my application: October 30, 2008
They sent me letter of acknowledment & A look at canada book : October 30, 2008
They started processing application: May 14, 2009
Application was transferred tp Edmonton office: August 31, 2009
Notice tto take the test: Sept 11, 2009
Took the test: Sept 25,2009
I couldn't find my expired passport at that time so they gave me a questionnaire to be submitted within a month. And I did found my expired passport, photocopied it and submitted it with other documents indicated on that qustionnaire.
Until now I haven't received the oath taking schedule, I called them yesterday and was told that if I haven't received the schedule by March 25, I have to call them again. They did received the questionnaire October 15, 2009. And I am pretty sure I did passed the test. I am not sure what's taking so long. All in all, it's been over 16 months from the time they've received my application...Hopefully, I won't be waiting much longer...

mometto77

Nov 13, 2009
Vinadam
Hi there
Please can I know what happened with you later on and on which region are you ?
Because I have simillar case as follows:
ITook the test: NOV19,2009
I couldn't find my expired passport at that time but I have a photo copy so they gave me a questionnaire to be submitted .
I submitted my full document support including the photo copy of my expired passport on next day .
Till now I didn't recive any replay !!!!!!
what can I do ??????
Thanks

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mometto77 said:
Vinadam
Hi there
Please can I know what happened with you later on and on which region are you ?
Because I have simillar case as follows:
ITook the test: NOV19,2009
I couldn't find my expired passport at that time but I have a photo copy so they gave me a questionnaire to be submitted .
I submitted my full document support including the photo copy of my expired passport on next day .
Till now I didn't recive any replay !!!!!!
what can I do ??????
Thanks
I sent a letter to the visa office here in Edmonton a month ago and until now, I haven't heard anything from them. It's been 7 months now since I took the test. I don't wait anymore, it is just frustrating to think about it. Don't worry, they won't ask you to go home even if your immigrant visa card expires(I just had to ask them about that). You just have to renew your visa if it expires for you to be able to go out of the country.

Egyman

Star Member
Feb 7, 2007
Hi guys
Here is my timeline, I am in Quebec. Please share your timeline so we see how long does it take:
-We received your application for Canadian citizenship on August 6, 2009.
-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called A Look at Canada on August 6, 2009.
-We started processing your application on April 6, 2010. This is the most up-to-date status of my file (May 22, 2010).

becomecitizen

Jun 5, 2010
Hi jcity,

First congratulations! From your timeline, I noticed that the Processing Center sent you a letter and the study guide on the same day when they just received your application. I'm a little confused about this because the CIC website says they will send us a letter five months after they receive our application. Could you please let us know more about this? Thank you.

chinthu

Star Member
Dec 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2010
AOR Received.
06-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
03-Aug-2010
Med's Done....
12-06-2010
Interview........
No Interview
Passport Req..
27-08-2010 (sent on 30-08-2010 , Received by CIC on 31-08-2010)
VISA ISSUED...
28-10-2010 (pp received date , decision made on 26-10-2010)
LANDED..........
11-11-2010
becomecitizen said:
Hi jcity,

First congratulations! From your timeline, I noticed that the Processing Center sent you a letter and the study guide on the same day when they just received your application. I'm a little confused about this because the CIC website says they will send us a letter five months after they receive our application. Could you please let us know more about this? Thank you.
this is wt exactly i was about to ask but found u asking the same ..

my husband sent his citizenship applications to CIC during april2010 but he didn't receive any such guide yet as stated by others. When he called CIC call center a wk ago they said its too early to check the status of his application as it may take another 2-3 months to open his appln kit ..

can somebody tell whether this is normal or something strange is happening with his appln??

he didn't received not even a notification or ack frm cic ...

tshah

Jul 22, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharing my timeline (I live in Surrey, BC):

Application received on April 2, 2009.
Letter acknowledging receipt of application and a study book called A Look at Canada on April 2, 2009 (never received it, so I downloaded the .pdf online)
Started processing application on October 7, 2009.
File was transferred to the Surrey Citizenship office on November 13, 2009.
Notice sent on January 20, 2010 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 11, 2010.
Letter sent on January 29, 2010 requesting additional information/documents (basically the infamous Questionnaire)

I took the test on Feb. 11, and had my interview. I was asked to provide copies of old passports, which I don't have (except for some old copies of certain pages). I also gave them a HUGE binder containing all my employment records, tax records, credit card bills, property assessment and tax notices, hospital records, copies of all paychecks for the past 5 years, and much more)....it was properly over 500 pages of stuff.

Now, almost 6 months later, I still have not heard anything back. I can't get through when I call CIC via phone, and there is no CIC local office here. I don't know what to do.

vinadam

Feb 25, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Edmonton, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tshah said:
Sharing my timeline (I live in Surrey, BC):

Application received on April 2, 2009.
Letter acknowledging receipt of application and a study book called A Look at Canada on April 2, 2009 (never received it, so I downloaded the .pdf online)
Started processing application on October 7, 2009.
File was transferred to the Surrey Citizenship office on November 13, 2009.
Notice sent on January 20, 2010 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 11, 2010.
Letter sent on January 29, 2010 requesting additional information/documents (basically the infamous Questionnaire)

I took the test on Feb. 11, and had my interview. I was asked to provide copies of old passports, which I don't have (except for some old copies of certain pages). I also gave them a HUGE binder containing all my employment records, tax records, credit card bills, property assessment and tax notices, hospital records, copies of all paychecks for the past 5 years, and much more)....it was properly over 500 pages of stuff.

Now, almost 6 months later, I still have not heard anything back. I can't get through when I call CIC via phone, and there is no CIC local office here. I don't know what to do.
It's been 10 months now since I had my test and until now, I am still waiting for the oath taking sched. I called cic office many times already, they even sent me an application form to renew my immigrant card just in case I will go out of the country($50 for the fee) and I also sent letter to Edmonton local office but till now, I am still waiting...I was told that RQ cases are not their priority which is so unfair!!

I am actually thinking of asking our MP to send a letter to the immigration to maybe open my case and get their butts going. The only reason why they gave me the questionnaire is that I don't have my expired passport with me at the time of the exam but I send a photocopy of my expired passport and some other papers that they require on the questionnaire within 10 days but I don't think they even bother looking at it. They've probably stuck it in the bottom of their pile and forget about it.. so frustrating!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Definitely talk to your MP. Sometimes they can pull strings to speed things up.

hussain10

Aug 23, 2010
hi
i applied in july 2008
give test in june 2009 in edmonton
and on same date recieved RQ and back submitted in a week time
recieved letter for finger prints in july 2010 and submitted in same month
and still no progress.
any comments please
vinadam said:
It's been 10 months now since I had my test and until now, I am still waiting for the oath taking sched. I called cic office many times already, they even sent me an application form to renew my immigrant card just in case I will go out of the country($50 for the fee) and I also sent letter to Edmonton local office but till now, I am still waiting...I was told that RQ cases are not their priority which is so unfair!!

I am actually thinking of asking our MP to send a letter to the immigration to maybe open my case and get their butts going. The only reason why they gave me the questionnaire is that I don't have my expired passport with me at the time of the exam but I send a photocopy of my expired passport and some other papers that they require on the questionnaire within 10 days but I don't think they even bother looking at it. They've probably stuck it in the bottom of their pile and forget about it.. so frustrating!!