+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 applications from Pakistan

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
u guys, yesterday i checked my application status online, in front of my application, it was written ''updated'' but nothing was being updated. today it again changed to ''submitted''
July 27, 2017, 12:34:57 p.m. EDT Submitted None
yesterday it was ''updated'' instead of submitted, but there was no update,
Can anyone tell? what does it mean?
Give it 48 hours atleast. It happened the same thing with me. I got acceptance letter from the embassy after this. Be hopeful and you will hear the best news soon. Good luck!

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
That's the thing about up front medical, In case of upfront medical, status will be changed to passed, which is normal, so you never know whats coming, But if you don't go with up front, when u get the med call, in that way u 'll be relieved that u r eventually going to get Visa, especially Pakistani students should not go with up front because the visa ratio is too low.
I absolutely agree with this point. I waited for my medical request. Not did upfront medical. Medical request from the embassy usually means the Visa Officer is satisfied with the documents you have sent them and you are ready for the next step of the process which is medicals and background checks.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I got refusal :(
Reason: They dont think that I am a bona fide student and would return to my country after completion of my course

I got Admission in UofA one of the top universities in Canada
I got job offer letter from UofA
I got scholarship from Aga Khan Foundation

and I am not a bona fide student!! wow!

Amazing!!

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
I got refusal :(
Reason: They dont think that I am a bona fide student and would return to my country after completion of my course

I got Admission in UofA one of the top universities in Canada
I got job offer letter from UofA
I got scholarship from Aga Khan Foundation

and I am not a bona fide student!! wow!

Amazing!!
I am sorry about your rejection. Tough Luck!
Bona fide students cannot work full time on study permit. That was the problem I believe. You have to make the Visa Officer believe you are coming to Canada for studying only and you will have to make them believe you will return back to your country once your studies are over. Having a job offer from there even before getting there might have caused alarm bells ringing in the Visa officer's ears which I believe is a big red flag.

syedd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Can I financially sponsor my nephew for study permit in Pakistan to make his study permit stronger. I already live in Canada and can attach my letter of support if it helps. Any in a smilar situation or recently got visa approved?

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I am sorry about your rejection. Tough Luck!
Bona fide students cannot work full time on study permit. That was the problem I believe. You have to make the Visa Officer believe you are coming to Canada for studying only and you will have to make them believe you will return back to your country once your studies are over. Having a job offer from there even before getting there might have caused alarm bells ringing in the Visa officer's ears which I believe is a big red flag.

I got part time job of Graduate research assistantship from University to add to my funding as my scholarship was 70% of the total expenditure. I applied for research assistantship job which is part-time while you study and can be done by students in-campus on study permit otherwise the university would had not offered me the job. I got selected on the basis of academic merits for the role.
If this is the reason they refused me then thats even more surprising!

ahd.insaf

Oct 9, 2016
Job offer letter, I suppose its from the university in Canada, will strengthen your proof of financials required during yr stay in Canada. Weak financials is also a major reason why applications get rejected even if your academics are good and u got admission in good univ. So its a good idea to attach job offer letter this time, it will definitely boost yr chances.

For medicals, u dont necessarily have to do it upfront. Though it is valid for 1 year, it costs somewhere around 11,000 PKR which will be wasted if God forbid they again refuse yr visa. I suppose u r targeting Jan 2018 intake so u got ample of time to get yr medicals done after they request you to do so.
All the best!
This program is only for September intake. This is the most relevant program for me and I can't defer it for the second time as I already did last year
(i got admission in it but didnt apply for visa last year) and I am targetting 5th september (start of my classes)
and the job offer is from a dental institute from Pakistan that tells that after completing my program they will directly give me a job in their institute as a Dental course Trainer with attractive salary.
As I think they have already completed my background check they just have to review my eligibility again. Do you think it is a good idea to reapply again? Im thinking to do it tomorrow

kzam

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
I applied on 18th, got biometrics inv on 19th. Still no update.
Applied from Pak for Masters program (Victoria, British Columbia). Fingers crossed :).
course starts on 5 Sept, however my university has asked me to submit the visa doc before 25th.

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
I applied on 18th, got biometrics inv on 19th. Still no update.
Applied from Pak for Masters program (Victoria, British Columbia). Fingers crossed :).
course starts on 5 Sept, however my university has asked me to submit the visa doc before 25th.
same situation,applied on 18th. I hope the officers feel sympathy for us and give us the visa. Did you get the medicals done?

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Does any one knows weather to we have to pay for biometrics again when you apply again after your refusal in 1st attempt?