+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 applications from Pakistan

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
thanks for the info,, but where do we start i mean how do we apply to colleges or unis in diff provinces? i believe u have to get acceptance letter from the insinuation in order to apply for study permit
Yes absolutely. You need to have an offer letter from one of the universities or colleges across Canada otherwise the whole point of comimg as an international student

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I applied for Summer Semester in January hoping to get the visa in 4 months but due to slow processing I only got my medical request in June. I deferred my admission to Fall 2017 as a result. I got a new offer letter a few weeks later. I also did not link my account online as my application was paper based and I had no data to link my application online. It was only after the medical request I received in early June that I was able to link my application online as the medical request form also had my UCI and my application number. I checked in July that I had passed the medical exam and they were processing my background check. Background checks takes 4-5 weeks to complete. Have you submitted your passport or waiting for passport request?
Thats a pretty long time for just background check!! I have some friends from India and they dont require background check at all. Anyways hope I get my checks done soon In Sha Allah. I have applied online so I did not submit hard copy of my passport.... waiting for their call for passport request.
One more thing, did you submit your Police certificate anytime during the process? If so when and where to submit?

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Anyone who has completed his/her medical and passed it too but still waiting!
I did my medicals and uploaded the form which I rec from Panel doctor in Karachi. But when I see status of my application online it says:
"Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

So if I dont need medical exam, why did they wanted me to upload the doc as a proof of medical exam?

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
Hello, everyone!

First Rejection (paper): 1st June 2017
(Changed my sponsor and addressed queries (which were absurd btw) raised by the VO)

Second Attempt (online): 16th July 2017
Medical (upfront); status: Pass: 1st August (I believe because I was checking my application every 2/3 days)

Current Status: Under Processing

Program: Masters of Dev Practice at U.W

What are the chances/status - does anyone has any idea?
I haven't paid my tuitions yet the timeline of which is from 1st to 24th of August, and I haven't booked my accommodation either.

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
ask the university where u got admission if they can consider you for next intake in case yr visa is delayed
No, please don't do that!
NO university in Canada (esp for Pakistani students) extend deferral based on visa rejections. You may ask generically regarding the process of deferral.

adiben

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
YES

YES! mine was upfront though.
I did my medicals upfront as well.
Did your online application also showed the same below message for medicals as in my case BEFORE it changed to "passed"?

"Review of medical results: You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

onlyravian

Jul 26, 2017
Hello, everyone!

(Changed my sponsor and addressed queries (which were absurd btw) raised by the VO)

Medical (upfront); status: Pass: 1st August (I believe because I was checking my application every 2/3 days)

I haven't paid my tuitions yet the timeline of which is from 1st to 24th of August, and I haven't booked my accommodation either.
Hello Harris,Did you refer to Windsor by U.W? The chances are better if you have addressed the rejection reasons for 1st time. But it depends on your complete profile and the Visa officer. Hope you get the visa before its late.
I have also applied visa for U of Windsor. I applied on 20 July paper based without medicals. No update on my application yet.

Tylenstar_247

Nov 10, 2016
Thats a pretty long time for just background check!! I have some friends from India and they dont require background check at all. Anyways hope I get my checks done soon In Sha Allah. I have applied online so I did not submit hard copy of my passport.... waiting for their call for passport request.
One more thing, did you submit your Police certificate anytime during the process? If so when and where to submit?
I submitted every required document including Police Clearance Certificate along with my passport on 27th January. CIC did not ask me for additional documents during the application process. I only waited for medical request.

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
I did my medicals upfront as well.
Did your online application also showed the same below message for medicals as in my case BEFORE it changed to "passed"?

Yep!

So basically, we are in the same boat?

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
Hello Harris,Did you refer to Windsor by U.W? The chances are better if you have addressed the rejection reasons for 1st time. But it depends on your complete profile and the Visa officer. Hope you get the visa before its late
I have also applied visa for U of Windsor. I applied on 20 July paper based without medicals. No update on my application yet.
Waterloo, in fact.

And thanks. Good luck to you too!

harrisazhar130

Jun 22, 2017
Hello, everyone!

So my question remains - if the upfront medical status changed to pass on 1st of August, does that enhance the visa acceptance chances? Some threads indicate that.