+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB AND SALARY SATISFACTION

S

shaon31

Raghusri said:
Hi Shaon, My name is Raghu, I am from India . I am in search of a job in Telecom for my son . He has done masters in Digital Signal Processing and Communications from University Of Edinburgh. He is working in FTTH and FTTP area in India for one year. Is he eligible to apply for telecom jobs in Canada? could you please guide me . my mail id is siluraghu @ gmail.com . Thank you.

Raghu.
Hi Raghu

Unfortunately there is no NOC category right now for the IT/Telecom guys. To get a job in Canada you have to have a work permit or Permanent Residency.

Raghusri

May 15, 2012
shaon31 said:
Hi Raghu

Unfortunately there is no NOC category right now for the IT/Telecom guys. To get a job in Canada you have to have a work permit or Permanent Residency.
Thank you for the information shoan.

Jul 15, 2012
Hello Guys,

This is Vaibhav from India. I am planning to apply for Quebec Skilled worker visa from India. Some highlights of my profile.

I have 2.5 years of IT experience in .Net technologies with one of India`s leading software exporters. I am currently working on a US Telecom`s giant project. I am yet to give French A2 level certification. Apart from this I am an engineer in Information Technology from India.

I want to know of how are job opportunities for IT guys in Canada? I heard that there good job options for IT people, with a salary of around 5000 - 7000 CAD per month. Please let me know about this. I am planning to file my visa through an Indian visa agency Visas Simply, which is quoting me 130000INR(2350CAD approx) + 750CAD for visa charges. Please let me know if should go ahead with my decision on not.

One more query I had. Is it necessary to get the visa application filed through a Visa agency? I mean is there any complex procedure involved in filing the application? Can I myself file the application and save the 2350CAD which the filing agency is asking for? Offcourse, they say that they will be helping me with finding jobs after my PR is approved, but then I don`t know what is the current market status there. Also, let me know that if I come under Quebec skilled visa programme to Canada, can I apply/seek for jobs in whole of Canada or Quebec only?

Probably you all guys who have went there can guide me better.

eskay08

Nov 26, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2009
File Transfer...
22-09-2009
Med's Request
13-08-2010
Med's Done....
09-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-02-2011/sent 03-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2011
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Dear Vaibhav,
The salary expectations that you are anticipating are quite achievable but not immediately after landing. Most of the immigrants have to face a sort of turbulant period which might last for few years in some cases until one get acquainted to canadian working condiitions.
Surely i can advise you on your 2nd question. Canadian IO, doesnt care whether the applicant is through an agency or doing directly. All information is available in the official websites. Be a bit careful in filling and understanding while doing by yourself.

best wishes

sai Krishna

kumar.phoenix143 said:
Hello Guys,

This is Vaibhav from India. I am planning to apply for Quebec Skilled worker visa from India. Some highlights of my profile.

I have 2.5 years of IT experience in .Net technologies with one of India`s leading software exporters. I am currently working on a US Telecom`s giant project. I am yet to give French A2 level certification. Apart from this I am an engineer in Information Technology from India.

I want to know of how are job opportunities for IT guys in Canada? I heard that there good job options for IT people, with a salary of around 5000 - 7000 CAD per month. Please let me know about this. I am planning to file my visa through an Indian visa agency Visas Simply, which is quoting me 130000INR(2350CAD approx) + 750CAD for visa charges. Please let me know if should go ahead with my decision on not.

One more query I had. Is it necessary to get the visa application filed through a Visa agency? I mean is there any complex procedure involved in filing the application? Can I myself file the application and save the 2350CAD which the filing agency is asking for? Offcourse, they say that they will be helping me with finding jobs after my PR is approved, but then I don`t know what is the current market status there. Also, let me know that if I come under Quebec skilled visa programme to Canada, can I apply/seek for jobs in whole of Canada or Quebec only?

Probably you all guys who have went there can guide me better.

Jul 15, 2012
Thanks for quick reply Sai.. Do you have any idea as these days how much time does it takes for application processing?
The agents told me that it would take 9-12 months for the entire process..

Regards,
Vaibhav

Sent from handheld device.
Please excuse typos.

leothelion123

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Hi Experts

I am currently working for the Canadian arm of my Indian IT company. Now my work permit is only for this employer and in order to switch I need a job offer in IT with a LMO. So can anyone here please comment how eager IT companies are in Canada to apply for a LMO for a prospective candidates - knowing how cumbersome and time consuming it is?

Currently I am working for a tier 1 investment bank in ON.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

faithyou

Mar 8, 2011
Waterloo, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 8, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept. 2011
File Transfer...
Oct. 2011
Med's Done....
Dec. 2011
Passport Req..
January 2012, PPS Sent - February 2012
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 2012 !!!
LANDED..........
already landed :))
shaon31 said:
I have a second thought. Right now in Canada there are lots of shortage for the IT & Telecommunication Engineers. I came to Canada in September 2011. After 1 month I got 3 interview calls, 2 of them were phone interview and the other one was face to face. 2 out of three came out with offer letter. And I have started as a Telecommunication Engineer in the same position I have left in my home country.
wow congratulations you're so lucky to have started as telecom engineer... can you please share which company was it? thanks. ;D

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let me know if Human REsources and Marketing Communication / Branding are regulated profession in Canada? Me and my husband are trying for PR, would we have to undergo some courses before we start working. Can we go ahead with distance learning courses from Canadian Universities while we are in India so that we get jobs soon after landing. Are distance learning courses recognised? Can someone suggest some universities / courses??

S

shaon31

faithyou said:
wow congratulations you're so lucky to have started as telecom engineer... can you please share which company was it? thanks. ;D
I got my first Job with Huawei Canada. But I quit that job after 5 months. I didn't like the environment.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
shaon31 said:
I got my first Job with Huawei Canada. But I quit that job after 5 months. I didn't like the environment.
you're a lucky man, Huawei is fine employer to start with - actually any employer would be fine to start with as long as its a relevant job in your field - in this forum many people seem to have got stuck in survival jobs for sometime...good to see that some have had a good start

S

shaon31

emamabd said:
you're a lucky man, Huawei is fine employer to start with - actually any employer would be fine to start with as long as its a relevant job in your field - in this forum many people seem to have got stuck in survival jobs for sometime...good to see that some have had a good start
Probably you are right. Actually I got 2 job offers at the same time. One from Huawei (in Toronto) and the other one was an US company in Ottawa. I was stuck with the apt. leasing agreement and couldn't move to Ottawa. So I took the job in Huawei. The other employer waited for me for 5 months and they kept that position open for me, so I quit from Huawei and moved to Ottawa.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
agent100 said:
hello,
if you re still interested in canada and working permit visa asap we can help you out, kindly contact us at agencyconsultanttrv @ gmail.com.
Regards
agent jack
Hello, can you post more details on this forum - what services you offer and what kind of help you are able to provide?