+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know how to find out which office it's been transferred to? I need to write them to get them to fix the mistake they made (again) with my name.

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
canadp said:
Application Sent : 2nd Jan 2014
Application Received : 3rd Jan 2014

Share your Application timeline for 2014.

canadp
Application RECEIVED by Sydney office: February 3, 2014
Still waiting for confirmation and I'm hoping for a positive one very soon :)

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Biker4345 said:
just a signature on a letter that I wrote myself :S , plus I had to pay an extra 200 bucks as the fees changed ! its not going so well so far lol
OMG, I attached a letter to my PP photocopies explaining that I have lost one of them, but didn't sign it, do you think they return it?

randint

Feb 2, 2014
randint said:
December XX, 2013: filled out application
January 03, 2014: paid fees online
January 04, 2014: taken pictures
January 06, 2014: application printed
January 09, 2014: application mailed (Canada Post, regular mail).

According to the agents (over the telephone), I should get an acknowledgement letter by mid-March, stating that the application is received.

I expect to get citizenship by February, 2016 latest.

Physical presence: 1349 days.
March 18, 2014: acknowledgement receipt sent from CPC-S.

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Received at Sydney: January 17, 2014

Hoping to get an update soon... :). Nothing on ecas yet.

Called CIC and they informed me today that they are still working on opening packets from January 10th, 2014. The agent said there is no way for them to know if the packets were received and that I would need to wait for the Acknowledgement letter in the mail.

Surprised to see that applications are not being opened/processed in order. I see a couple of January 20th and later applicants in this and other threads receiving updates already...

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maidentower said:

Called CIC and they informed me today that they are still working on opening packets from January 10th, 2014. The agent said there is no way for them to know if the packets were received and that I would need to wait for the Acknowledgement letter in the mail.

Surprised to see that applications are not being opened/processed in order. I see a couple of January 20th and later applicants in this and other threads receiving updates already...
Maidentower,

When you check in e-CAS

Use the client ID to check (XXXX-XXXX) which is on the PR card and also make sure you typed your surname and the other details correct.

rehnuma85

Mar 18, 2014
hi all,

i am going to apply for my citizenship in couple of days. i have the following questions regarding the application form and would be really glad if someone can guide me to fill this in properly so that the package doesnt get returned due to any error:

its regarding section 6 F in the application form:
if i am missing any documents related to my Job experience how could i prove that i have worked for a company in that given period of time?
does T4 statements would be enough to prove that i have worked during that time and for the company i am specifying in my application?

proof of language
my wife has an IELTS (General) score from 2010 while we submitted the papers for our immigration and her scores were very good in all sections (7 in listening, 5.5 writing, 6.5 reading and 6 in speaking). Can we use that now to prove her language proficiency. She also had her bachelors done in Engineering from back home and the medium of instruction of that program was in entirely English. Can we use that too to prove her proficiency. Or can we use both to prove that in the application form

Please if someone can guide me on the aforesaid questions then it would be great.

sam

maidentower

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi rizcom - yes i used my client ID and all info i enter is correct of course. Will just need to be patient for a while longer.

rizcom123 said:
Maidentower,

When you check in e-CAS

Use the client ID to check (XXXX-XXXX) which is on the PR card and also make sure you typed your surname and the other details correct.

Eazeetrade

Mar 14, 2014
@rehnuma85

6F: T4 together with Notice of assessments would do the trick, if you have the offer letter include the same as well
Proof of language: Yes you can submit your previous IELTS even if it is expired as proof of language. If the Degree or transcripts specify that the medium of instruction is english then you can use the bachelrs to prove. Either ways you have ur IELTS report and that should be sufficient.

txboyscout

Jun 9, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-08-2011
maidentower said:

Thanks for this update

My application was rcvd on Jan 10, 2014 and no ecas update yet. I have called CIC twice and they want me to resubmit my application because they think it is lost! Your post gives me hope

vmax92

Jan 28, 2014
Hi everyone

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 28, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 28, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 16, 2014.

I applied from Montreal

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Thinking of reapplying, CIC agents doesn't give clear ans. One said app might be lost, other said can't tell. Not sure how I can utilize the fee I submitted with initial app.

Dino

Mar 19, 2014
Hi
I came in Canada 2005!,,got my PR 2009,I applied for Citizenship Sept2011 and I received the book oct2011
and May2013 I sent the Questionnaire,until now there is no any news from my file!..how long more do you think should i wait?