+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

YorkFactory

Oct 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 20, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 20, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 13, 2014.
And they've screwed up my name in exactly the same way as before.

Jattz-inc

Mar 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank god finally received on jan 7
Sent a package study book
And started processing on March 13

Finally they updated e-cas

ndamt

Mar 15, 2014
Re: January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline from Montreal

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on December 27, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 27, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2014.

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
Hi guys , I was wondering if you apply let's say Jan 5, 2014 and they returned your application after 4 weeks to send missing document.
would your file be processed with people that apply for the first week of january still ? ( btw there was a stamp dated on Jan 5 2014 )

my_journey

Jan 26, 2014
Biker4345 said:
Hi guys , I was wondering if you apply let's say Jan 5, 2014 and they returned your application after 4 weeks to send missing document.
would your file be processed with people that apply for the first week of january still ? ( btw there was a stamp dated on Jan 5 2014 )
No Biker4345, I had a similar situation like yours and i called CIC to clarify, the agent stated that the clock starts at the time the application is resubmitted again regardless of the stamp. Mine was received in December then returned back in January (it had a red December stamp on it), I resubmitted it again and it was received January 27th and i heard nothing so far. I hope this helps.

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
my_journey said:
No Biker4345, I had a similar situation like yours and i called CIC to clarify, the agent stated that the clock starts at the time the application is resubmitted again regardless of the stamp. Mine was received in December then returned back in January (it had a red December stamp on it), I resubmitted it again and it was received January 27th and i heard nothing so far. I hope this helps.
tkx my_journey, that really sucks !!

Biker4345

Sep 24, 2011
Iftikhar123 said:
biker

what was missing documents in yours application
just a signature on a letter that I wrote myself :S , plus I had to pay an extra 200 bucks as the fees changed ! its not going so well so far lol

Desert Lion

Mar 14, 2014
I think this should be ok, all what they need is to see if you have visas on your passport during the period ofm4 years, they do not care if valid or not as your exit and entry record can be traced by cbsa, also the cic do not contact cbsa for every applicant but for few cases when there is concerns or discrepancy in their application

rayman_m

Feb 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Desert Lion said:
I think this should be ok, all what they need is to see if you have visas on your passport during the period ofm4 years, they do not care if valid or not as your exit and entry record can be traced by cbsa, also the cic do not contact cbsa for every applicant but for few cases when there is concerns or discrepancy in their application
What do you mean by CIC want to see visa in passport for 4 years? There is nothing such requirement by CIC. All you need to send your bio-pages. If you want to provide additional pages of passport with entry stamps or all pages including the blank ones it's your own choice.

Felixo

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Hi guys glad to see the update..

Application recd.: 20th January 2014 (Mississauga)
In process: 12th March 2014