+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

tdolphin

Jun 20, 2014
raymasa said:
:(. Very frustrating isn't it? I applied in March, still no test date. You applied two months before me, and still waiting. I hope they get to yours soon and then mine shortly after that. Vancouver office here
How did you do in your test today?

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
rachelsung said:
Not sure if my husband's application fits January Applicant though.
Here it goes...

Application from Surrey, BC

Oct/B/2013 => Sent application
Oct/E/2013 => Request more info
Nov/B/2013 => Sent requested info
Jan/28/2014 => Online Status Shows Start Processing
Feb/B/2014 => Receive Letter and Study Book

Not hear anything since then.

Called centre and talked to agent on Feb/B/2015 and the agent said official processing time should be 2 years so needs to just wait.

Frustrated !! :eek:
If you originally sent the application in Oct 2013, the application is from then.

It is frustrating, hope your husband's application moves forward quickly. You may want to request an ATIP report to see what's been done with the application. Although I will say information in ATIP is usually not any more helpful than the call centre

Ray

SerenityNow

Aug 10, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi -

Our Jan 2014 application has been completed in 14 months.

Here's our experience having the test and oath on the same day at 1025 Rue St Jacques, Montreal. The whole process took almost 4 hours.

Test

Read the book and practice the online tests, and you'll pass easily. My spouse and I both scored 20/20. We brought our children with us, and while the adults took the test, the children stayed in the waiting room.

Interview/document review

The same person interviewed us separately. She asked for our IDs, passports, and landing documents (COPR/VOS). She reviewed our passports and declared absences (US mainly and Europe). For most of our trips, our passports were not stamped (visa-exempt), but she noted it and moved on. She asked other questions related to work, kids, and home address. My spouse has had the same employer since we came on a temp work permit. I've had 2 employers with no unemployment periods. We have had 2 addresses in Canada.

My spouse was interviewed first and then was sent to get the children. The interviewer asked for IDs for the kids when they arrived to sign the photo consent forms. She told me we were all approved during my interview. She kept all of our PR cards.

We had brought all original documents that were sent in the application, but she only looked at what I stated above. We had sent only the documents requested in the application checklist.

Oath

After the last interview, we stayed in the same room for the oath. Any friends and family who had been in the waiting room were invited into the room. Then the judge came in to start the ceremony. She gave a speech. We had to recite the oath in both languages, but we only received one script with the oath and anthem for all of us. Without seeing the words, I missed a lot of the French version of the oath. I had no trouble with the English version. I didn't do much better with the anthem, but I'm a terrible singer anyway. Fortunately, no one complained.

There were 58 new citizens from 29 countries.

Here is our timeline -

Montreal family application (2 adults, 2 kids > 14)
Physical residence days: 1370/1424
Application received: Jan 22, 2014
Started processing: Mar 15, 2014
FP request received: Mid-Dec 2014 (same adult had FP request for PR app)
FP Submitted : Mid-Jan 2015
Test/possible Oath invitation sent: Feb 10, 2015
Test/Oath: Mar 16, 2015

Hope that helps. Good luck to all!

aman123

Dec 28, 2013
Hi everyone
I became Canadian citizen in 10 April 2015 . My husband live in Australia as a student. Next month I ll sponsor my husband . Now I am pregnant . My question is can I give birth to my child in Australia and can my new born get Canadian citizenship because I am Canadian citizen??? If new born can get then how many months it take to get Canadian citizenship??
My next question is I ll sponsor my husband and if I go to Australia , this ll effect my husband's sponsorship case or not????
Thnx and waiting for reply ... ::)