+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IT Professional (Systems Analyst) - FSW 2013

canada_bujji

Dec 14, 2012
I'm IT professional (Systems Analyst) and I understand that by May 4 FSW will be open for 2013. Should my profession listed in NOC for me to qualify for applying under FSW?

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canada_bujji said:
I'm IT professional (Systems Analyst) and I understand that by May 4 FSW will be open for 2013. Should my profession listed in NOC for me to qualify for applying under FSW?
Under the current outline, one need only have 1 year's continuous experience in ANY type 0, A or B noc, and most IT professional jobs are type A.

You will also need language scores equivalent to CLB 7.0 (IELTS 6.0) in every category, and must score 67 points total.

Check out the news release here and other related CIC pages for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

Wayne.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
But to qualify for even a counselling/advising program you need CLB 8.0
funny !!!

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
However, given that in under 18 months, IT related professions went from LMO exempt status to not being on the last list of "in Demand" professions they are very unlikely to appear on the 2013 list

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jgk .. What does that mean ..? are you saying there is a chance 'systems analyst' positions may not be in the approved professions list for filing on May 4th, 2013 ..?

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
A new list of priority occupation for May FSW will be out in April. Not to be a downer but I would be surprised if IT-related occupations appeared in the list because they really aren't in demand in Canada.

lovi2782

Mar 4, 2013
Delhi, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
Doc's Request.
21 Feb 2012
AOR Received.
20 Jan 2012
File Transfer...
20 Dec 2011
Med's Request
20 Feb 2012, 04 March 2013
Med's Done....
10 March 2012, 05 March 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
03 May 2013
LANDED..........
Tentative in July 2013
namaste said:
A new list of priority occupation for May FSW will be out in April. Not to be a downer but I would be surprised if IT-related occupations appeared in the list because they really aren't in demand in Canada.
I agree with namaste.

Amo_sap

Star Member
Feb 24, 2013
Cappuccino said:
Under the current outline, one need only have 1 year's continuous experience in ANY type 0, A or B noc, and most IT professional jobs are type A.

You will also need language scores equivalent to CLB 7.0 (IELTS 6.0) in every category, and must score 67 points total.

Check out the news release here and other related CIC pages for details:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

Wayne.
Hye Cappuccino!

Can you please expand on what is type 0, A or B noc?? and whats their significance? and How we will know if our occupation is under which type 0,A or B

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
I understand a new list is not out yet .. but how can you imply that IT related fields would not be included in the approved list .. that doesn't sound kosher .. do you guys realize the implications of suggesting IT fields would be left out ..? There is actually a very high demand in Canada for IT professionals .. believe it or not .. the jobs are out there .. what I've seen is that the methods of hiring and avenues available to Canadian employers are not enforced as much as the USA for instance ..
But if you look .. you will definitely find an employer who needs your skills ..

A lot of Indians and others applying are IT professionals .. are you saying they will all the left out because their fields will be de-listed ..?

Besides, 'systems analyst' is a general group that is used to classify a large number of different IT professions clustered together and labeled as such.. for the sake of immigration ..to say it is may not be 'needed' any more, implies Canada at this point in time pretty much doesn't need ANY computer people ..which is very hard to believe ..especially when harper and his boys are constantly and recently looking to India for IT resources and better ties ..

Sorry .. but that just doesn't make sense ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mogli said:
I understand a new list is not out yet .. but how can you imply that IT related fields would not be included in the approved list .. that doesn't sound kosher .. do you guys realize the implications of suggesting IT fields would be left out ..?
There were no IT NOCs on the last FSW list. The closest thing was NOC 1122 (Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management). For this reason it's certainly possible there will be no IT NOCs on the list again.

We'll have to wait until the official announcement from CIC to find out.

If there are no IT NOCs on the new list, this doesn't mean that Canada doesn't want/need IT people. It will just mean that Canada wants these individuals to have job offers to qualify to immigrate.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
My statement is my guess based on the previous and current situation, not a definitive statement.
Just because IT professionals from India are being sought for does not mean that there is an overall shortage of IT professionals in Canada. There are a lot of reasons why canadian employers would want to hire non-canadian IT professionals as opposed to canadian citizen or a PR. But, that's an entirely different issue.

A simple fact is that the kinds of professionals Canada wants to invite through FSW are reflected in their priority list. AND, IT or computer professionals have not been in that list since 2010. So, unless canada is now facing some major drop in such professionals, any change now is unlikely.

"you will definitely find an employer who needs your skills". If you could find an employer who is willing to offer you a permanent position then the occupation list will not matter anyways. Otherwise, your statement is true mostly only for people that are already in Canada.

You say "to say it is may not be 'needed' any more, implies Canada at this point in time pretty much doesn't need ANY computer people" . I disagree. It simply means that they don't need to bring in IT professionals through FSW program to fulfill their demands, which has been true for the past 3 years.

No hard feelings or anything. I am just stating the current situation the way it is. It is good to hope but false sense of expectation is not. I would be happier than anybody else if these professions were in the list since that's my field too. But, I know better to look at the issue objectively and keep my expectation where it belongs.

mogli said:
I understand a new list is not out yet .. but how can you imply that IT related fields would not be included in the approved list .. that doesn't sound kosher .. do you guys realize the implications of suggesting IT fields would be left out ..? There is actually a very high demand in Canada for IT professionals .. believe it or not .. the jobs are out there .. what I've seen is that the methods of hiring and avenues available to Canadian employers are not enforced as much as the USA for instance ..
But if you look .. you will definitely find an employer who needs your skills ..

A lot of Indians and others applying are IT professionals .. are you saying they will all the left out because their fields will be de-listed ..?

Besides, 'systems analyst' is a general group that is used to classify a large number of different IT professions clustered together and labeled as such.. for the sake of immigration ..to say it is may not be 'needed' any more, implies Canada at this point in time pretty much doesn't need ANY computer people ..which is very hard to believe ..especially when harper and his boys are constantly and recently looking to India for IT resources and better ties ..

Sorry .. but that just doesn't make sense ...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good summary namaste. I agree with you.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Everything you need to know about NOC classification is in this link:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Tutorial.aspx

Basically, NOC O, A, or B are the skilled occupations. For specific information for your particular occupation you can read the tutorial and find out.

Amo_sap said:
Hye Cappuccino!

Can you please expand on what is type 0, A or B noc?? and whats their significance? and How we will know if our occupation is under which type 0,A or B

mogli

Star Member
Feb 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
namaste said:
My statement is my guess based on the previous and current situation, not a definitive statement.
Just because IT professionals from India are being sought for does not mean that there is an overall shortage of IT professionals in Canada. There are a lot of reasons why canadian employers would want to hire non-canadian IT professionals as opposed to canadian citizen or a PR. But, that's an entirely different issue.

A simple fact is that the kinds of professionals Canada wants to invite through FSW are reflected in their priority list. AND, IT or computer professionals have not been in that list since 2010. So, unless canada is now facing some major drop in such professionals, any change now is unlikely.

"you will definitely find an employer who needs your skills". If you could find an employer who is willing to offer you a permanent position then the occupation list will not matter anyways. Otherwise, your statement is true mostly only for people that are already in Canada.

You say "to say it is may not be 'needed' any more, implies Canada at this point in time pretty much doesn't need ANY computer people" . I disagree. It simply means that they don't need to bring in IT professionals through FSW program to fulfill their demands, which has been true for the past 3 years.

No hard feelings or anything. I am just stating the current situation the way it is. It is good to hope but false sense of expectation is not. I would be happier than anybody else if these professions were in the list since that's my field too. But, I know better to look at the issue objectively and keep my expectation where it belongs.

Ok ..so there is still a way to file then on May 4th .. that's what I wanted to find out .. and I've put this question just now on another thread where you are also active ..
If you are already working in IT in Canada .. as a systems analyst, on a 3 year temp work permit .. would you be eligible to apply on May 4th ..regardless of what the god forsaken list will say ..?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
mogli said:
Ok ..so there is still a way to file then on May 4th .. that's what I wanted to find out .. and I've put this question just now on another thread where you are also active ..
If you are already working in IT in Canada .. as a systems analyst, on a 3 year temp work permit .. would you be eligible to apply on May 4th ..regardless of what the god forsaken list will say ..?
You can apply now if you have a job / job offer in Canada. No need to wait until May 4th.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

Your job must meet the following criteria:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who-employment.asp