+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

It is possible to change job with self-employed program ?

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Hi,
I'd like to know if it is possible to change "career" aftre being succesfully chosen through self employed visa program.
For example if I enter thanks to writher/author category can I become an entrepeneur once in Canada?
Thanks

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
I guess you checked that an actual self employed visa quoted processing time is 62 months.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp
Isn't that basically saying " get lost we don't want you"?

It's odd that Canada discourages the self emloyed like this - I started as self employed and in 10 years had 50+ employees and was paying the government over $500,000 in taxes every year.

Last edited:

Matt99

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Exactly Beltex everyone say Canada is "immigrate friendly" but the truth is that is really hard to immigrate in Canada

Beltex

Star Member
Jan 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London UK
Exactly Beltex everyone say Canada is "immigrate friendly" but the truth is that is really hard to immigrate in Canada
I don't think its's necessarily hard to immigrate to Canada if you have the right skills set, for example one on the PNP Express Entry Streams that I saw includes in it's list of in demand occupations " fast food restaurant workers" - FCS!

So get yourself some experience at your local MacDonalds, KFC whatever and you'll be good to go!