+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there a law that need to give 2 weeks notice to your employer before leave?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, in that case, unpack and re-pack everything and leave either when she is out with the kids or go in the middle of the night. She will have problems with the kids the first days after you leave but that is her problem. She called it upon herself by her abusive behaviour and has nobody else to blame.

Bad employers often try to manipulate their workers. I know of cases where people were told that if you don't work overtime, we will fire you and then you will have to go home. This is a lie. The worker does have the right to look for another job in Canada. He does not have to go home until his work permit expires and he doesn't have a new job. I also knew a girl some years ago who went as an au-pair to the US and her employer took her passport so she couldn't leave. She did manage to get her passport back and got out of there. On the CIC website, there is some information about your rights and they put it there because some employers are bad and try to cheat you out of your rights.

Pontiano

Sep 10, 2011
hi!!!! anyone can give me opinion about this 2 weeks notice. I wanna move out from my current employer. What can of approach can i do? Im nervous and scared coz maybe they wont let me leave them. But am not happy and i feel uncomfortable here anymore. What should i do...? :'(

wsongco

Nov 7, 2010
montreal
Visa Office......
CPC VERGREVILLE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Interview........
24-04-2013 CAQ
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
what provice you from. Call the labor near you. We have the rights to give 2 wks notice. Dont be afraid. As long as you have your documents with you. Have a valid wp nobody can deport you.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Look at the stipulations of your contract but if you are in any danger, leave and let the police know. Also you can call Service Canada/CIC to alert them if there is anything untoward happening to you.

Pontiano said:
hi!!!! anyone can give me opinion about this 2 weeks notice. I wanna move out from my current employer. What can of approach can i do? Im nervous and scared coz maybe they wont let me leave them. But am not happy and i feel uncomfortable here anymore. What should i do...? :'(

echil

Aug 28, 2018
eunice,wlang batas ngsasabi n kailangan mong antayin un kapalit mo.wag kang matakot o mgpatakot.atska isa p,bkit my pki b ang agnecy mo kung sakaling mgkasakit k dyan s amo mo?wala!u can step down anytime u want coz ur employer is abusing u!if there is an abuse u dont need to give notice.if i were u i wll call the labour dept. and inform them of ur situation.nsa canada k no?this is a fair country so dont be afraid.wlang amo amo d2 basta nsa lugar k!!!!call me....
hi ms.ellejnoc pwede po.ba ko humingi ng advice yun sitwasyon ko po my pgkkahawig din po ky eunice