+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there a law that need to give 2 weeks notice to your employer before leave?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should be writing down your working hours every day. If you are asked to stay home because the mother is working, then those are your working hours. If you are not working, then she can not ask you to stay home.

As for kids being rude and lying about you, that is hard to deal with. Parents will usually believe the kids over the nanny unless they really know the kid is a brat.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
hi the problem is,parents and relatives knows they are certified brats!but they keep admitting its only a kids tantrums..but its all crazy!!the mother kees believing in her..and saying that i am the bad one just to make her daughter stop..one time,she ripped off the papers and plastic and she was scared with her brother becoz her brother is violent,he will hit her and kick her so she told me it wa sme who did it..and he believes..then she did it again..twice and telling me it was me.and mother keeps believing..The mother yet forcing me to control them yet they are spoiled brat and rude..and they dont listen..she cant control her kids..and she wants em to control them..and she is pissed if i cant..hard to be superhero..!!!!and many times i i got in accident..when the boy trying to hit his sister a ballpen..and i blocked my hand beocz it wwas dangerous..if he was mad kicking all stuff in the house,that one time he kicked the plastic with small toys inside that hit my hand and almost my eye..whew!!!terrible condition..so rude..the thing i am afraid too is..might the kids will invent words becoz they are liar...and i will be in trouble..
very bad becoz i am new to canada,i dont have relatives i dont have family,and i turn to bad employer...i am hoping i could get a nice employer soon..

by the way,my friend will be picking me up when i will move..and my things are ready...thanks for the advise!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
hi the problem is,parents and relatives knows they are certified brats!but they keep admitting its only a kids tantrums..but its all crazy!!the mother kees believing in her..and saying that i am the bad one just to make her daughter stop..one time,she ripped off the papers and plastic and she was scared with her brother becoz her brother is violent,he will hit her and kick her so she told me it wa sme who did it..and he believes..then she did it again..twice and telling me it was me.and mother keeps believing..The mother yet forcing me to control them yet they are spoiled brat and rude..and they dont listen..she cant control her kids..and she wants em to control them..and she is pissed if i cant..hard to be superhero..!!!!and many times i i got in accident..when the boy trying to hit his sister a ballpen..and i blocked my hand beocz it wwas dangerous..if he was mad kicking all stuff in the house,that one time he kicked the plastic with small toys inside that hit my hand and almost my eye..whew!!!terrible condition..so rude..the thing i am afraid too is..might the kids will invent words becoz they are liar...and i will be in trouble..
very bad becoz i am new to canada,i dont have relatives i dont have family,and i turn to bad employer...i am hoping i could get a nice employer soon..

by the way,my friend will be picking me up when i will move..and my things are ready...thanks for the advise!
Yes, leave. Madali humanap ng mapasukan. Nobody should put up with such kind of a situation. It's your word against them and if anything worse happens you're the one to be blamed. My heart goes out for you. :(

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
i called the labour now..saying if she is on vacation and leave the kids with me its automatically my working hours..since nobody is around..i will use that grounds if she will say why i am breaking the contract..they are all too much..like mother like kids..wrong upbringing....honestly its really really sad..for almost 4 years that i suffered much..hindi ko na kaya!! :( :'( :'( :'( everyday crying and self pitty on my side..i am only happy now and started to move on when i get all the information about whats my best step to quit..i should have to be careful..i did also xerox copy the agenda she has..that all the activities in there..and also the date when she goes to mexico..1 week..so i can submit it to the labour department..if she will not allow me..or makes me in trouble..i been to japan,hongkong and china..i worked there..they are communist..yet what i am expecting here democratic country i cant get the freedom i want!!!!its too much..i really need to stand..and get my freedom since Canada is a land of freedom!!!i am sad..need pala dapat lumaban!!! :( :(laging inaapi ang pinay!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you write down all your working hours that you were not paid, you can complain to the labour and they will help you get paid.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
somebody told me that i need to call or inform the immigration that i have to quit so my employe rwill not call or tell them that i run away..?is this true?but i think no need and she has no riight?could this be possible that she can and might believe her?can she blocked me for my future employer?hmmm?makes me crazy..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
somebody told me that i need to call or inform the immigration that i have to quit so my employe rwill not call or tell them that i run away..?is this true?but i think no need and she has no riight?could this be possible that she can and might believe her?can she blocked me for my future employer?hmmm?makes me crazy..
No you have informed service Canada. Have you talked with ellejnoc? She had a similar problem with you and she's now out of that situation. Talk with her so she can give you pointers on what to do.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask immigration what will happen if you quit but from what it says on the CIC website, live-in caregivers have the same rights as other temporary foreign workers and other temporary foreign workers have the right to quit their employment and stay in Canada while they look for another employer as long as they still have a valid work permit. Your current employer could give you a bad reference if a new employer asks about you but I think that is the worst they can do.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
need help,i told her this night about me leaving she was mad at me and verbally abusing me..saying i used her to come over to canada,and she told me i used the man i met for me to get him my bf..saying i wasnt good with kids how to control them..etccc..waaa i need help do i need to give my notice until feb.28?or i will just go and quit tomorrow since iwill take lots of hurtful words?
pls send me labour how long i will give notice...i am already 4 months here

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are in an abusive situation, I don't think anybody can blame you if you walk out with no notice but the link to the labour standards: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/help.php gives you their phone number and you can call them and ask. You should also make an appointment with them to make a claim about your unpaid hours. I hope you have that written down somewhere each time she made you stay home and babysit and did not pay you.

You should also talk to Service Canada about getting unemployment benefits. Usually you can't get them if you quit but I know of cases where people were forced to quit because of an abusive situation and were granted benefits because of that.

Did you say you were in Oshawa? If so, then you need to have worked 525 hours to qualify to get EI, see http://srv129.services.gc.ca/eiregions/eng/rates_cur.aspx?eiecon_nu=26

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
thank you so much for the advice..i didnt sleep all nyt and this morning..i was about to leave she doesnt like me to go..and telling me i am selfish..that why i will leave not wait 2 weeks notice..i explain her i need to go becoz i dont want to hear abusive words from her..she told me alot of things that hurt me..insulting my capabilities and my dignity..i cant take it anymore ..i feel so bad.she humiliate me evrytime.i think this is the right decisions i made in my whole life..she told me i am user!!! and plan everything to use her to hook people ..i felt bad..i cant take verbal abuse..i need to call labour now as she didnt give my salary and the payment yesterday statutory holiday that she let me worked..she didnt pay me..she likes always free..

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
hi to all live in caregiver!
my experience is extremely bad..and i want you to give little share that you must take note every detailed of your work,time..and make some diary..becoz u dont know where and when will happen the sparks..i trusted my employer much..and giving my overtime free always..and she abused it..learn from my mistakes..now i finally out of her house..long battle..i called the labour for my salary and get some help..im going to start now finding new employer..wish me all the best..one thing to carry on all the time..trust and faith in god!its our armor!god bless us..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
hi to all live in caregiver!
my experience is extremely bad..and i want you to give little share that you must take note every detailed of your work,time..and make some diary..becoz u dont know where and when will happen the sparks..i trusted my employer much..and giving my overtime free always..and she abused it..learn from my mistakes..now i finally out of her house..long battle..i called the labour for my salary and get some help..im going to start now finding new employer..wish me all the best..one thing to carry on all the time..trust and faith in god!its our armor!god bless us..
God bless you Eunice. I hope you have friends there to help you through this.

ajme

Feb 17, 2010
Hi,

J.....i forgot to told you that before when i ask for notice last december, i told my employer that i will be going. She said, i can't go back to Dubai or stay in canada..only in Phil. She said, give me 3 days to finalize things......so i read her mind that she will put drugs on my things because some sleep over guys use marijuana here. this is one reason why i don't want to give notice this time...

I want to make a move by not saying goodbye,kisses and hugs to her because she is EVIL!

Aj

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ajme said:
Hi,

J.....i forgot to told you that before when i ask for notice last december, i told my employer that i will be going. She said, i can't go back to Dubai or stay in canada..only in Phil. She said, give me 3 days to finalize things......so i read her mind that she will put drugs on my things because some sleep over guys use marijuana here. this is one reason why i don't want to give notice this time...

I want to make a move by not saying goodbye,kisses and hugs to her because she is EVIL!

Aj
I don't know what to say!!!! But you're not out of her house yet, are you? Be very careful. Make sure that you unpack and re-pack your things. I really don't know what to say. I hope you're out of there really soon. That is really scary.