+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

is there a law that need to give 2 weeks notice to your employer before leave?

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
ok yes true,this is only written on my terms of sepaRATION..THE EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYEE AGREE TO ABIDE BY PROVINCIAL LABOUR STANDARDS REGARDING WRITTEN NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT...THANKS

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
ok yes true,this is only written on my terms of sepaRATION..THE EMPLOYMENT AND EMPLOYEE AGREE TO ABIDE BY PROVINCIAL LABOUR STANDARDS REGARDING WRITTEN NOTICE OF TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT...THANKS
Hi,

Then you might actually have to give notice but not the four months that the agency was suggesting. I checked Ontario provincial guidelines (ESA) and there is no provision for employee giving notice to employer. At the FAQ they give this info:

Do employees have to give notice to their employers when they quit their job?

The ESA does not address the issue of employees giving notice to the employer when they quit their job, except under the pregnancy and parental leave provisions, which require that employees give notice to their employer if they are not returning, and in cases where the employer is terminating the employment of 50 or more employees in a four-week period. Employees may be required to provide their employer with notice that they are quitting under other laws.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found in the clause about mass terminations that if employee wishes to resign before termination they would have to give 1 week notice if they are with the employer for less than 2 years so it's probably maximum 1 week notice or maybe no notice needed at all.

You can call them and ask. Their number is here: http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/help.php

You should also look into if you have the right to receive EI. Even if you quit, if you quit under duress, that is because you were being verbally abused, you may have the right to EI.

ellejnoc

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
eunice,wlang batas ngsasabi n kailangan mong antayin un kapalit mo.wag kang matakot o mgpatakot.atska isa p,bkit my pki b ang agnecy mo kung sakaling mgkasakit k dyan s amo mo?wala!u can step down anytime u want coz ur employer is abusing u!if there is an abuse u dont need to give notice.if i were u i wll call the labour dept. and inform them of ur situation.nsa canada k no?this is a fair country so dont be afraid.wlang amo amo d2 basta nsa lugar k!!!!call me....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ellejnoc said:
eunice,wlang batas ngsasabi n kailangan mong antayin un kapalit mo.wag kang matakot o mgpatakot.atska isa p,bkit my pki b ang agnecy mo kung sakaling mgkasakit k dyan s amo mo?wala!u can step down anytime u want coz ur employer is abusing u!if there is an abuse u dont need to give notice.if i were u i wll call the labour dept. and inform them of ur situation.nsa canada k no?this is a fair country so dont be afraid.wlang amo amo d2 basta nsa lugar k!!!!call me....
Hi ellejnoc,

She actually did.

[quote author=eunice] ... YET I CALLED THE SERVICE CANADA TELLING ME THAT THERE IS NO SUCH LAW THAT NEED TO GIVE 4 MONTHS NOTICE ONLY IF U HAVE WRITTEN PIECE OF PAPER THAT U SIGNED ON IT... [/quote]

Basta, if/when there is abuse, go, leave the abusive situation.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
yep thanks for that,anyway she was the one who violate the contract,as she didnt pay my overtime work too..but i feel pitty for her since she is single mom...and it would be very hard for her to work without nanny,but i cant really be a superhero asshe wants me to be.we will see her reactions when she comes home on.feb.15..what will she do if i will say i will be leaving..hoping people here still there to help me..abangan ang susunod na kabanata...lets see the next chapter....

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
yep thanks for that,anyway she was the one who violate the contract,as she didnt pay my overtime work too..but i feel pitty for her since she is single mom...and it would be very hard for her to work without nanny,but i cant really be a superhero asshe wants me to be.we will see her reactions when she comes home on.feb.15..what will she do if i will say i will be leaving..hoping people here still there to help me..abangan ang susunod na kabanata...lets see the next chapter....
You have a place to go to should you decide to leave her employ, don't you? Look for an employer while you're still there. Search kijiji.ca/job bank or advertise yourself since you are already in Canada, it would take only 27 days to process your work permit, and prospective employers like that as they won't wait for too long.

You have a network of support right here. :) All the best.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
Hi,
yes,i have decided to leave them,maybe its the time for them to realize to value and respect the people...and their Mom doesnt need to bring them all the time in psychiatrist,they just only need to internalize respects..and nevr look down nanny...well,i have started last time the kijiji,and somebody called but he wants me to work nanny but with extra spa???no way!! anyway,i wil try the job bank..thanks for that....im hoping i could not get pitty guilt conscience from my employer..

I called the service Canada yesterday,is it automatically that they have recorded there?just incase i need to call them if my employer will not allow me to go?becoz they didnt ask my information?hmmmm strange?? ???
???

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
eunice said:
Hi,
yes,i have decided to leave them,maybe its the time for them to realize to value and respect the people...and their Mom doesnt need to bring them all the time in psychiatrist,they just only need to internalize respects..and nevr look down nanny...well,i have started last time the kijiji,and somebody called but he wants me to work nanny but with extra spa???no way!! anyway,i wil try the job bank..thanks for that....im hoping i could not get pitty guilt conscience from my employer..

I called the service Canada yesterday,is it automatically that they have recorded there?just incase i need to call them if my employer will not allow me to go?becoz they didnt ask my information?hmmmm strange?? ???
???
Ellejnoc also called CIC. CIC I think records conversation. Just the same get the agent's name, time and date you made your call.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your employer can not stop you from going but make sure you have a place to stay before you leave.

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
yes i have the place to go,i am only 3 months here but luckily i met friends helping me that i could stay with..hard to be in the battle if yu think your alone...whew!!

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
hi again,

If the employer left her kids to her nanny when she has vacation,is it true that even the night you are with them are considered baby sitting since no one in their blood related to them is watching or staying in the house..does my employer needs to pay the nanny?for all night with the kids?is this considered baby sitting that need to give compensate?thanks again

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would say she has to pay. You are on call. If the kids wake up, you have to tend to them. You are not free to go to a party or do anything else.

You should call the employment standards people to clear that up. http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/guide/help.php

eunice

Jan 17, 2010
yes right its true..i will clarify that issue to the labour..sometimes she doesnt want me to go out during friday it was like me begging before if i could go out friday after my work..and if she has shifting in hospital until 10 or 11 pm work..she gets my time and telling me to go at saturday..becoz i need to baby sit her kids yet she is not paying me..when i started to tell her that i need to leave friday after my work time..she was upset and telling me why i didnt consider them as my family..i spent so much money to come over to canada and not to be with family and treat like a crap..
anyway to tell you yesterday about what happen again here in this family if they are really normal,WHAT CAN YOU SAY IF THE SITUATION IS LIKE THIS.IF YOU ARE THE NANNY WHAT WILL YOU DO?
ITS DINNER TIME YOU COOK BEEF STEAK AND VEGETABLES,AND SHE WAS MAD BECOZ SHE DOESNT LIKE TO EAT AS SHE SAID SHE HATES THE FOOD U COOK,AND HOLDING A FORK AND SPOON AND PUSH THE NANNY BY HER ELBOW AND THE NANNY REALLY GET HURTS,AND THE KID WAS CRYING AFTER NANNY ASKING WHY DID SHE DO THAT?THEN SHE CALLED HER GRANDMA SAYING SHE DIDNT DO ANYTHING,SHE WAS LYING AND TELLING NOT INTENTIONALLY AND UNPURPOSE TO HURT THE NANNY..AND THE GRANDMA TALK TO THE NANNY THAT NEEDS TO ACCEPT THE GIRL SAYING SORRY..AND THE GIRL WORDS IS THIS....SORRY AS I DIDNT INTENTIONALLY HURT YOU AND UNPURPOSELY..BUT SHE REALLY MEANT TO PUSH USING HER ELBOW THE NANNY.AND SHE TOLD HER GRANDMA THAT SHE IS PICKING HER NOSE...SHE IS REALLY RUDE KID AND LIAR..BUT THE NANNY DOESNT TALK ,YET THE GRANDMA PUSHING THE NANNY TO ADMIT THAT HER GRANDDAUGHTER DIDNT DO ANYTHING..SO IN SHORT...THE NANNY IS THE ONE WHO LIED...IS THIS NORMAL?AND THE KID IF SHE DID WRONG SHE WILL ALWYAS PUT OR BLAME THE NANNY..AND THEY BELIEVE IN HER SINCE SHE IS THE KID .BUT SHE IS REALLY MEAN KID?

ANY COMMENT?WHAT YOU THINK?