+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Is it possible to search job in Canada from India?

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Changed to Colombo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
Visiting in Oct-15 ,immigrating in April 2016 Planned
nthompson said:
WOW,

I just briefly read this thread and my god it would really make someone feel depressed and demotivated if they took all these comments in seriously.

I think the "You Need Canadian Experience" is utter balls. I did not have a single day of Canadian experience but I did not have a problem getting interviews and landing a good job.

You want to know what recruiters and hiring managers told me when I asked if Canadian experience is needed? They all said the EXACT same thing and said "No not at all your fine its really a cultural thing because there could be a language barrier and it would make communication very difficult"

Sorry to say if your first language is not English then it will be abit harder or you can communicate very well verbally or orally in English you will be fine.

People from England, Australia and United States past work experience from their home country will be acknowledged.

Way to many negative comments on here and I bet their from the people who clearly are finding it hard to land a job and have poor social skills. Being a peoples person here is a MUST
the tone newton is commenting here tells me that he has not met his fairy tell experience he was hoping to get once he landed in canada. seriously it would help a lot of us here if Newton cared to tell us his personal story. that way he may gather sympathy. otherwise with all such comments of his he is only gathering contempt.

i am applying in next month and i am from a third world country. i have a good job which pays well in my own country but i want to move to canada because my gf lives there. people want to immigrate not just for good jobs and good standard of living.

also @nthompson you remind of me my boss who is english and lives in UK at the moment who is really helpful and not at all biased.

i hope i will get the PR within a year and get a deserving job not just some menial or entry level jobs..

what do you guys think if i have worked in american MNCs throughout my 6 years expeirence, will it help getting a deserving job there and count to the canadian experience BS we are talking about here?. the MNC has a big presence in Canada also.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Action speaks louder than words why dont you physically come to Canada get the dream job you are hoping for and then share your experience. Contrary to your beliefs I am not here to gain sympathy rather help people understand the fact that Canada really is not what they project it to be. People such as yourself are under the wrong impression that you'll get a high paying job the moment you step out of a plane. I am here to tell you thats not true and many people will agree with what I am saying. So its easy to make statements sitting in your homeland without ever having lived in Canada. As I said in my opening statement Action speak louder than words, stop talking and start doing and remember to share your experience, good, bad and ugly. That would be a real help

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
newtone said:
Action speaks louder than words why dont you physically come to Canada get the dream job you are hoping for and then share your experience. Contrary to your beliefs I am not here to gain sympathy rather help people understand the fact that Canada really is not what they project it to be. People such as yourself are under the wrong impression that you'll get a high paying job the moment you step out of a plane. I am here to tell you thats not true and many people will agree with what I am saying. So its easy to make statements sitting in your homeland without ever having lived in Canada. As I said in my opening statement Action speak louder than words, stop talking and start doing and remember to share your experience, good, bad and ugly. That would be a real help
i fully understand that there is a risk of immigrating and i am sure all the negative sides of the FSW program will be addressed in the new system canada is proposing to launch next year.
i personally am not guaranteeing myself that i will have a nice and good paying job within 2-3 months of landing in canada in case i do .
i agree with you that nobody gets a good job they deserve just after landing there. and in such a connected world with the help of such forums and different people sharing their experience good and bad , people will have their own decision mechnism and ability to assess what could happen their. immigrating itself is a turning point decision in any ones life so i hope people who apply do their research.

if you talk personally to me. i have done my research and i have got my safety nets in place in case i see the worst happening with me after i land there in canada which itself is still far away and i am continuing to do my research. in addition to that i have got friends and acquaintances there in canada who have gone with the help of FSW program . so of course i will take all of their feedbacks including yours.

it will help people here to just tell your experience and not state things in general like you are a spokesperson for everyone who has landed there.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never said I was a spokesperson and its definitely not general, you are claiming I am a spokesperson so there is nothing much I can do about that. You could think whatever you can but I will continue to advise people to have an optimistically cautious approach when coming to Canada.

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
newtone said:
I never said I was a spokesperson and its definitely not general, you are claiming I am a spokesperson so there is nothing much I can do about that. You could think whatever you can but I will continue to advise people to have an optimistically cautious approach when coming to Canada.
thats great.. because from the looks of ur profile it gives no information if you really immigrated to canada from another country . so i really dont know the information you give is a first hand or not

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fakenoob said:
thats great.. because from the looks of ur profile it gives no information if you really immigrated to canada from another country . so i really dont know the information you give is a first hand or not
From the looks of your username it seems you are a troll. Whats on a persons profile is not an accurate reflection of who they are. People can make up their profile. You should actually read what they say and how long they've been posting on the forum to get an accurate reflection they have and have not done and how much they have contributed to the forum, and most importantly who you can take seriously. If you read carefully, Its obvious from my avatar that I am a Canadian citizen so may want to pay attention to details. This will help you a lot in your personal and professional life.

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
newtone said:
From the looks of your username it seems you are a troll. Whats on a persons profile is not an accurate reflection of who they are. People can make up their profile. You should actually read what they say and how long they've been posting on the forum to get an accurate reflection they have and have not done and how much they have contributed to the forum, and most importantly who you can take seriously. If you read carefully, Its obvious from my avatar that I am a Canadian citizen so may want to pay attention to details. This will help you a lot in your personal and professional life.
so right.. you are a that UNWELCOMING canadian citizen we have to deal with if we land there isn't it :D ;D
also its a fact that canada and north america being a new found continent and relatively new countries all of the people including you are immigrants . its just about time - some went early some are starting now.

by the way i have seen ur counts of posts and i should thank u for helping us here. i was just looking for a reasonable commentary that doesn't look harsh.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fakenoob said:
so right.. you are a that UNWELCOMING canadian citizen we have to deal with if we land there isn't it :D ;D
also its a fact that canada and north america being a new found continent and relatively new countries all of the people including you are immigrants . its just about time - some went early some are starting now.

by the way i have seen ur counts of posts and i should thank u for helping us here. i was just looking for a reasonable commentary that doesn't look harsh.
FYI I an not an unwelcoming Canadian, we need immigrants desperately most importantly the Canadian government needs to actively fund to match new immigrants to respectable jobs. Rather than say welcome to Canada now that you are here you need to figure out how to find a job and support yourself. Welcoming immigrants is a Canadian tradition making sure they are successful is a Canadian responsibility. This is the only way to move forward as a nation otherwise new immigrants will keep draining to the USA

fakenoob

Sep 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Nov 2014
Doc's Request.
CC Charge 14 Jan 2015
Nomination.....
PER 5 Feb 2015
AOR Received.
19 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the app
File Transfer...
19 March 2015
Med's Request
11 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Waived Expected
Passport Req..
June-2015 Expected
VISA ISSUED...
July-2015 Expected
LANDED..........
newtone said:
FYI I an not an unwelcoming Canadian, we need immigrants desperately most importantly the Canadian government needs to actively fund to match new immigrants to respectable jobs. Rather than say welcome to Canada now that you are here you need to figure out how to find a job and support yourself. Welcoming immigrants is a Canadian tradition making sure they are successful is a Canadian responsibility. This is the only way to move forward as a nation otherwise new immigrants will keep draining to the USA
Thats fabulous mate. if i come down there may be next year i hope i could meet you. i believe if i come there i can positively contribute to candanian tradition and legacy and make it a better country than already a good country it is. if you find time please read this book . it is a nice read by a good researher .. all about immigrations and welcoming humans as they are.

http://www.cgdev.org/publication/9781933286105-let-their-people-come-breaking-gridlock-global-labor-mobility

its a free download.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sounds good, thanks for the link. I wish our tax dollars went towards increasing job prospects for Canadians and immigrants rather than social security for free loaders. That would be money well spent

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, you can click on "newtone" to get to his profile, then click "show last posts of this member" and read through older posts - he already gave enough details about his path in Canada, his background, education, professional path etc. He is not supposed to repeat the same thing 1000 times.

After all, it does not matter much whether he is from Bangladesh, Uganda or Papua New Guinea. It is unbelievably hard to get any kind of meaningful job for anybody, even locals. Even canadian born graduates of unversities do not get their ideal job straight away. One of my friends just finished McGill last year and works as security agent at the airport. His 3 cousins are canadian born canadian university graduated - first works in call centre, second as insurance sales agent, third is selling internet packages and is self employed.

if you do not believe newtone, you can find some forum of a major canadian university graduates and see how many of them work in security agencies, call centres and groceries.

fakenoob said:

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Katayoon said:
Well, you can click on "newtone" to get to his profile, then click "show last posts of this member" and read through older posts - he already gave enough details about his path in Canada, his background, education, professional path etc. He is not supposed to repeat the same thing 1000 times.

After all, it does not matter much whether he is from Bangladesh, Uganda or Papua New Guinea. It is unbelievably hard to get any kind of meaningful job for anybody, even locals. Even canadian born graduates of unversities do not get their ideal job straight away. One of my friends just finished McGill last year and works as security agent at the airport. His 3 cousins are canadian born canadian university graduated - first works in call centre, second as insurance sales agent, third is selling internet packages and is self employed.

if you do not believe newtone, you can find some forum of a major canadian university graduates and see how many of them work in security agencies, call centres and groceries.
Well, one of the problems is that we have way to many studied people and not enough tradesmen and women. Everyone wants to be white collar person and do a clean job. I did an apprenticeship almost 30 years ago and was never unemployed since. Even when coming to Canada, I got an ok paid job, $25.00, within 2 weeks.. No problems here. What we need here are less chiefs and more indians, meaning people actually doing physical work and not shuffling paper ;D

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Absolutely right, We forget that Canadian economy is based on natural resource extraction, retail trade and agriculture exports. This is not Sillicon Valley and neither it is Hollywood. We need 1 engineer to design processes and 100 technicians to work physically in field. However, the society produces 100 engineering graduates and only one tradesman (well, I am exaggerating but there is a heavy disbalance between skill demand and skill supply).
My colleague often talks about his friends working as plumbers and making 6-figure incomes net and owning house after a several-month course at SAIT, while most of people in the office are loaded with degrees, heavily indebted with student loans and nowhere close to buying any property.

polara69 said:
Well, one of the problems is that we have way to many studied people and not enough tradesmen and women. Everyone wants to be white collar person and do a clean job. I did an apprenticeship almost 30 years ago and was never unemployed since. Even when coming to Canada, I got an ok paid job, $25.00, within 2 weeks.. No problems here. What we need here are less chiefs and more indians, meaning people actually doing physical work and not shuffling paper ;D

nav2014

Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/May/2014
File Transfer...
11/sep/2014
Med's Request
16/sep/2014
Med's Done....
13/oct/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nil
VISA ISSUED...
Nil
LANDED..........
Nil
newtone said:
My Friend immigrated to canada 8 months back and he got 5 interviews in a month and got a job with 85K salary in IT /Developer. So we can't write off such things... its depends on person to person and how we present things ... and based on our attitude....

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? If this is true can you please share the name of the company so it can help other people. I am curious to know which company hires an IT professional for 85k who stepped out of a plane less than a year