+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Invitation to apply - immediate family members

rifka_c

Jun 28, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I received an ITA from today's draw and am completing my online application. Under the family section, we have to provide additional information on family members:

Please tell us about x's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

In the drop down menu there is the option of half brother and half sister (as well as step mother). I have half-siblings and therefore a step-mother but I am not really in touch with them. Do I have to disclose them as family members?

At the end of the section there is the following question: Have you told us about all of Rifka Chamali's relatives? (if I don't select "Yes" I cannot save and continue)

Does anyone have experience with this? Should i add their details? Do I add my half siblings only or also stepmother? I would rather add my immediate family only (i.e mother father and brother), but am unsure of what CIC requires. Kindly advise!

Thanks in advance!

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

I received an ITA from today's draw and am completing my online application. Under the family section, we have to provide additional information on family members:

Please tell us about x's immediate family members that have not been identified in the application.

This includes any parent, any spouse or common-law partner, any child including adult children, and any brothers or sisters. If the relative is deceased, provide the date of death.
• Check the list at the bottom of the form first to see information you have already saved.
• When you click "Save and Add", each relative's details will be saved to the list.
• The fields will go blank to let you add details about another relative.
• Use the modify or delete button if you want to change details that you have already saved to the list.

In the drop down menu there is the option of half brother and half sister (as well as step mother). I have half-siblings and therefore a step-mother but I am not really in touch with them. Do I have to disclose them as family members?

At the end of the section there is the following question: Have you told us about all of Rifka Chamali's relatives? (if I don't select "Yes" I cannot save and continue)

Does anyone have experience with this? Should i add their details? Do I add my half siblings only or also stepmother? I would rather add my immediate family only (i.e mother father and brother), but am unsure of what CIC requires. Kindly advise!

Thanks in advance!
Yes you need to disclose all family members that appear in the drop down menu.

Reactions: sa83

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

You are required to list them. Not listing them would be misrepresentation.

zeb27

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
Please tell me, My mother had a husband before I was born. But now she is married to my father. Should I right about the step father? obviously my mother and that step father are divorced long ago but I have a half brother from my mother and her ex husband.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Please tell me, My mother had a husband before I was born. But now she is married to my father. Should I right about the step father? obviously my mother and that step father are divorced long ago but I have a half brother from my mother and her ex husband.
Yes, you need to mention the step father and half brother.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your mother's ex is not a family member. You need to list your brother.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
The mother's ex is not in any way a family member and is not mentioned at all.
By virtue of the previous marriage, he needs to be captured especially as he is the father of the step brother who may come to Canada in the future and decide to sponsor his father. He should be captured accordingly at this time for completeness of records.

Should the mother have need to come to Canada in future, she will also be required to capture her former marriage and ex-husband for the records.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
By virtue of the previous marriage, he needs to be captured especially as he is the father of the step brother who may come to Canada in the future and decide to sponsor his father. He should be captured accordingly at this time for completeness of records.

Should the mother have need to come to Canada in future, she will also be required to capture her former marriage and ex-husband for the records.
???

OP's mother's ex-husband is NOT A FAMILY MEMBER OF OP and therefore is not listed in the application in any way.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
???

OP's mother's ex-husband is NOT A FAMILY MEMBER OF OP and therefore is not listed in the application in any way.
He doesn't need to be to a direct family member but as an extended family member by virtue of the fact he is the father of the step brother, he should be indicated.

zeb27

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
So
He doesn't need to be to a direct family member but as an extended family member by virtue of the fact he is the father of the step brother, he should be indicated.
what is it? mention or not? I also don't know his date of birth. No contact of him.