+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

inland spouse visa

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Hi
I am just confused how to proceed, i am an italian citizen and my fiance' is in Toronto. We are planning to get married in january 2018 in canada. So when i come to canada on tourist visa ( we don't need any visa to enter canada) we apply for marriage license and once we get married we will apply for the sponsorship in land.So my question is when we will get married and start the process of the application my visa lasts 6 months and obviously i won't receive PR within those months so what status will i be staying with in canada? i have also read that marriage certificate takes almost 6/8 weeks isn't there any rush service to receive it earlier as its one of the important documents to file the immigration.

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Once you apply inland and if you include an OWP with the application - you can remain in Canada until a decision is made.

FYI - you do in fact need an ETA to enter Canada. You can't come here on your passport alone.

If you have further questions, you should post them in the Family Sponsorship section.

shmz8

Sep 18, 2017
Once you apply inland and if you include an OWP with the application - you can remain in Canada until a decision is made.

FYI - you do in fact need an ETA to enter Canada. You can't come here on your passport alone.

If you have further questions, you should post them in the Family Sponsorship section.

yes I have already been to canada so i already have eta issued and its valid for 5 years.
thank you so much for your quick response. I am very confused on proceeding inland or outland. I am planning to go to canada end of december and be there with my fiance' and apply in land sponsor. So basically one i apply how long do i have to wait to get owp ? is it 4 months? do you think inland is better or outland. even with outland i can come and be with him but i wouldn't be able to work while if i apply inland i can work obv once i have received work permit. a small doubt is related to marriage, do you think the immigration officer will have a thought about our marriage as in if i came to the country my intention was already to get married, like is it legal to get inside country as visitor and then get married? i have all the proofs that we are an authentic partners pictures, engagement pictures, emails and so on... i am just bit confused with the time process i read both inland and outland have same timing 12 months max with the new rules. another thing, when i apply inland i will need to submit my police report (which i will get from italy, translated and legalized) right?