+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2015

Aroojsh

Aug 25, 2016
Hi, can anyone tell me how much time does it take for someone to get their landing appointment at Etobicoke office? Got decision made yesterday, now waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office.

yangdufs

Jul 7, 2014
Are CIC sending emails for AIP? I got a GCMS report which indicates sponsorship eligibility decision letter sent to sponsor via Bulk Email Letter Application in Dec 2016. But I didn't get any emails regarding that.

MagnusJ

Apr 20, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
21-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
Med's Request
25-04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
LANDED..........
11-07-2017
How was your interview? what was the reason you transferred your dossier to a local office?
It wasn't really an interview. The CIC officer provided me with information about what it means to be PR and what I needed to do afterwards (health card, SIN number etc.) and gave me my Proof of PR document. I don't understand your second question. There is no CIC office in Quebec City so as an inland applicant I had to go to Montreal for my landing.

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
I received the letter on June 7th and landed in Montreal July 11th so just over a month's waiting time for me.
Hi MagnusJ :) How long after contacting the office did they call you back to make an appointment? And the appointment was how long after the call? Thank you.

Wenliying

Dec 22, 2016
Hello everybody,
I have some questions about inland sponsorship application. Please help me!
I submitted my application on NOV 28 2016. My husband is a PR, he sponsored me. After I submitted my application, my visa is expired and I didn't restored my status at that time.
1. Am I illegal to stay in Canada? If so I'll leave Canada as soon as possible.
If not, after they processed my application and decided to give me an approved in principal, can I use this status to apply an open work permit? And how long will it takes?

2. Right now Application processing time takes about 26 months. This is a really long time to wait, because I can't do anything here.
If I drop inland application after I back to my country, and re-apply outland application will inland application experience is going to affect my new application(outland) process?

With outland application can I also apply a visitor visa?

Thank you so much for your time!

karlos_macca

Oct 25, 2016
All,
I just had my landing interview in Vancouver for inland spousal application and got my PR! Good news. But I left the interview now confused about the PR Card. I was told I need to apply for PR Card but when I go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

..it says
"I am a new permanent resident. Do I need to apply for a PR Card?
If you are a new permanent resident, you will automatically receive your new card by mail when you first arrive in Canada. This is part of the immigration process and you do not need to apply for a PR Card."

So do I wait for the card, or do I still apply??

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi,

I am planning to do my exit/entry this week. i am residing in canada but my application to restore my status as visitor is still in process and I dont have a legal status in canada yet. will that be an issue or I can show the officer my application for restoration of status??

thanks
Sorry that I did not see that post before, but DO NOT go out of the country if you have no status and an ongoing inland application. Being out of status will not affect the inland spousal sponsorship application. But if you go out of the country, there is no guarantee that you will be allowed to re-enter, and if not, your inland application could be deemed abandoned.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Tried contacting the local MP. He says wait for another few months. CBSA says they can only reply to IRCC and cannot provide any information. IRcc told me to contact them in second week of sept. All I can do is wait.
hang on, I hope you will get news soon. This is very likely the security checks that are holding you up. If you want to share, have you traveled in several countries and from which country are you from?

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi Guys I have applied for spousal sponsorship inland (Nov 2015) and I just received DM (letter station processing is complete and passed onto the Edmonton office). I am just wanting any information on what to expect next?? Will I have to go to Edmonton with my spouse? I live 7hours north.

Any info will be much appreciated, Thanks in advance!
First, congrats on your DM. A little more to wait, but you are done! You will very likely have to travel to Edmonton for your landing, and yes the sponsor and the principal applicant must be present for the landing interview. Sometimes, CIC establish temporary offices, so one could be closer to you, but the permanent offices in Alberta are in Calgary and Edmonton.
You will receive your landing appointment usually in 1-8 weeks after DM and the letter (email) confirming your appointment time will arrive 1-2 weeks before your appointment.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi, can anyone tell me how much time does it take for someone to get their landing appointment at Etobicoke office? Got decision made yesterday, now waiting for an email from the Etobicoke office.
Most people report 6-8 weeks for Etobicoke office. This is one of the busiest office in Canada. Congratulations on your DM.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Are CIC sending emails for AIP? I got a GCMS report which indicates sponsorship eligibility decision letter sent to sponsor via Bulk Email Letter Application in Dec 2016. But I didn't get any emails regarding that.
yes, this is normally via email. Do you have a representative? if so, he is the one that received it. If you don't have a representative, did you link your application? If yes, you should find that letter in the "mycic account".
As you have the GCMS notes, check to see if there is a typo in the email they entered. (they did a typo in my email and I found it in my GCMS notes)

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
It wasn't really an interview. The CIC officer provided me with information about what it means to be PR and what I needed to do afterwards (health card, SIN number etc.) and gave me my Proof of PR document. I don't understand your second question. There is no CIC office in Quebec City so as an inland applicant I had to go to Montreal for my landing.
@ali1984 this was for a landing interview, although as MagnusJ mentioned, this is not an interview to test you, it's more like going to get a driving licence. Few routine questions, and 5-10 minutes later, you are out with your CoPR in hands.
If your application is being transferred to your local office before getting SA, AIP, DM (or seeing decision made on ECAS), that might be for a closer review. Cic might have doubts about cohabitation and/or relationship. And this would be a real interview with a lot of question regarding your relationship.
@MagnusJ Did you sleep in Montreal the night before your interview? I'm also from Quebec city. We went to Montreal the night before, because I was afraid to be stack in the traffic if I would drive directly there.

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hi MagnusJ :) How long after contacting the office did they call you back to make an appointment? And the appointment was how long after the call? Thank you.
The local office send you an email with your landing appointment. There is normally no call. From the time your file is transferred from Mississauga to your local office, you will receive the landing appointment letter in 1-8 weeks depending on the office and your appointment will be for 1-2 weeks later.

Reactions: melito

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
Hello everybody,
I have some questions about inland sponsorship application. Please help me!
I submitted my application on NOV 28 2016. My husband is a PR, he sponsored me. After I submitted my application, my visa is expired and I didn't restored my status at that time.
1. Am I illegal to stay in Canada? If so I'll leave Canada as soon as possible.
If not, after they processed my application and decided to give me an approved in principal, can I use this status to apply an open work permit? And how long will it takes?

2. Right now Application processing time takes about 26 months. This is a really long time to wait, because I can't do anything here.
If I drop inland application after I back to my country, and re-apply outland application will inland application experience is going to affect my new application(outland) process?

With outland application can I also apply a visitor visa?

Thank you so much for your time!
1. yes, you are out of status, but DO NOT LEAVE CANADA!!! being out of status will not affect your inland application. If you leave the country, there is absolutely no guarantees that you will be allowed to re-enter Canada. If you are not in Canada, you cannot attend your landing interview in Canada, so your application could be deemed abandoned. You would then need to start over using the outland route. So do not leave Canada, just wait.
And yes, after you get your AIP, you can restore your status and apply for a work permit. However, that might be just a waste of money. Most of applications are completed in about 12 months right now. A lot of people get their DM within few days after getting their AIP. Some people have to wait for a long time between AIP and DM, so I don't want to tell you that you should not apply for your restoration of status and open work permit after your AIP, because that might happen that you will have to wait a few months after AIP.
Open work permit are processed in approximately 4 months.

2. No, processing time is about 12 months right now. If you follow the 2016 inland thread, you will see that they are processing applications from September 2016. Some will take longer, but the majority is now processed in 12 months. So, do not withdraw your inland application, the chances are high that you will be done before the new year.

You can also check the spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yn3BFzI4q4xAy4EW3pG4CgQz9o3EzF5b18_tcSJwBhA/edit#gid=658237024
People share their timeline on that spreadsheet. You will see that the majority is now processed in about 12 months.

Note: I assumed that your status is expired by more than 90 days, but if your status expired for less than 90 days, you can apply to restore your status now, you don't need to wait for your AIP.

Reactions: melito

sylvain1

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2016
Quebec
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
12-08-2015
AOR Received.
07-11-2015
Med's Request
07-12-2016
Med's Done....
21-12-2016
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
All,
I just had my landing interview in Vancouver for inland spousal application and got my PR! Good news. But I left the interview now confused about the PR Card. I was told I need to apply for PR Card but when I go to: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp

..it says
"I am a new permanent resident. Do I need to apply for a PR Card?
If you are a new permanent resident, you will automatically receive your new card by mail when you first arrive in Canada. This is part of the immigration process and you do not need to apply for a PR Card."

So do I wait for the card, or do I still apply??
I'm myself confused that they told you that... You should not have to apply for your first PR card. That's also why you have to bring 2 photos at the landing interview. One of the photo is used for the PR card, and the office processing your landing will apply for your PR card. The card will arrive by regular mail about 65 days after the landing interview.