+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2010

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One option for job seekers may be to register with temporary employment agencies as well. Some of them have opportunities for people where experience is limited. If you live in a city, check "employment agencies" in your city using Google or the Yellow Pages. These can often be a great opportunity to gain experience, make connections and even receive full time job offers. When I was a new graduate (too many years ago!) I was able to get some great experience utilizing these agencies which also led to several permanent job offers. I also utilized them while I was attending university to earn money during summer breaks. The work wasn't always regular but if you learn quickly and the clients like your work, you tend to get called frequently for new assignments. When I moved to a new city, it was also a great way to learn my way around on the buses and transit.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
You're very welcome Cmilo. I hate that there has been a delay with updating our chart but you should see it updated very soon.
Unfortunately it does take quite a few hours to update. I would like to add you to our chart too. Could you help give me your information on your application like: When Vegreville received your application? and When they started processing your application? I will add you on there once I have the bit of info. Hopefully this thread, its members, and chart can all help you out during this process. I am very hopeful you will receive an answer in the next 2-3 weeks. Let us know if you hear anything. Good luck! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
rjessome said:
One option for job seekers may be to register with temporary employment agencies as well. Some of them have opportunities for people where experience is limited. If you live in a city, check "employment agencies" in your city using Google or the Yellow Pages. These can often be a great opportunity to gain experience, make connections and even receive full time job offers. When I was a new graduate (too many years ago!) I was able to get some great experience utilizing these agencies which also led to several permanent job offers. I also utilized them while I was attending university to earn money during summer breaks. The work wasn't always regular but if you learn quickly and the clients like your work, you tend to get called frequently for new assignments. When I moved to a new city, it was also a great way to learn my way around on the buses and transit.
Once again rjessome, you give very thoughtful and thorough advice. I greatly appreciate and I know others will. I had thought about looking into a temporary employment agency as I had noticed a recent immigrant from the US whom immigrated to Newfoundland as well, obtained a job through one and she gave me this advice as well. I have learned that when first getting employment here, getting some (even for a few months) is better than none. Plus it is nice to think of the future aspect of maybe being able to obtain a permanent position. I had also thought about doing some Avon work as I did some at my home too. Even if I get just a part-time somewhere, I could still do that on the side for a bit of extra money. Also, there are immigrant services here where you can get an internship for 3-4 months (not paid unfortunately) but you are offered a job at the end so that is something to look into as well. I am just nervous because I haven't actually held a job even at my home and now I am in another country where everything I grew knowing is different. I am excited but nervous. rjessome do you have any recommendations on how I would make myself look employable even though I haven't worked in nearly 2 1/2 years?

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
You're very welcome Cmilo. I hate that there has been a delay with updating our chart but you should see it updated very soon.
Unfortunately it does take quite a few hours to update. I would like to add you to our chart too. Could you help give me your information on your application like: When Vegreville received your application? and When they started processing your application? I will add you on there once I have the bit of info. Hopefully this thread, its members, and chart can all help you out during this process. I am very hopeful you will receive an answer in the next 2-3 weeks. Let us know if you hear anything. Good luck! :)

Thanks againf or your help!

My info:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on August 6, 2010.

My sponsors info:

We received your application for permanent residence on May 27, 2010.

We started processing your application on January 28, 2011.

PS: I received a letter from CIC on the 8th of February. It said I had to continue with MICC (Since I live in Montreal).

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
I will post the information that it gave for you. It seems that your sponsor's processing date was when they started accessing his eligibility. But the application processing date is when they first open it up and put it in line to be assessed at a later date. If that makes sense.

By the way, I have a question for you. How did you get your sponsor's information? Did he have a client ID or some other number to use?

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
I will post the information that it gave for you. It seems that your sponsor's processing date was when they started accessing his eligibility. But the application processing date is when they first open it up and put it in line to be assessed at a later date. If that makes sense.

By the way, I have a question for you. How did you get your sponsor's information? Did he have a client ID or some other number to use?
Thanks! Where could i see the processing times according to the users in this forum?

Oh yeah! Well when we received the letter on February 8th, he got a client number ID. I didnt know i could acces his file but i tried and it worked!
I guess not everyone gets the chance since non-quebec residents wont get an answer before AIP? Am I right?

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Cmilo said:
Thanks! Where could i see the processing times according to the users in this forum?

Oh yeah! Well when we received the letter on February 8th, he got a client number ID. I didnt know i could acces his file but i tried and it worked!
I guess not everyone gets the chance since non-quebec residents wont get an answer before AIP? Am I right?
When I update the chart you will see the processing times of others. Well only for those that applied inland during 2010 but it should give you an idea. Hopefully I will have time to update it today for you. Hmm...that makes me wonder, do sponsor's get a client id as well? Maybe it is only those that apply inland and live in Quebec. And no, non-quebec residents do not receive an answer until the IO's make a decision on AIP.

Cmilo

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
When I update the chart you will see the processing times of others. Well only for those that applied inland during 2010 but it should give you an idea. Hopefully I will have time to update it today for you. Hmm...that makes me wonder, do sponsor's get a client id as well? Maybe it is only those that apply inland and live in Quebec. And no, non-quebec residents do not receive an answer until the IO's make a decision on AIP.
Nice, I really want to check it out!

I guess sponsors do get a client id. I remember he tried to call CIC because we moved and they asked him for his client id number. They knew it was the sponsor who was calling, however, he explained that he didnt know it, so I had to give mine. Now that we received this letter we know both of us have one, same xxxx-xxxx format and everything.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Love_Young said:
Once again rjessome, you give very thoughtful and thorough advice. I greatly appreciate and I know others will. I had thought about looking into a temporary employment agency as I had noticed a recent immigrant from the US whom immigrated to Newfoundland as well, obtained a job through one and she gave me this advice as well. I have learned that when first getting employment here, getting some (even for a few months) is better than none. Plus it is nice to think of the future aspect of maybe being able to obtain a permanent position. I had also thought about doing some Avon work as I did some at my home too. Even if I get just a part-time somewhere, I could still do that on the side for a bit of extra money. Also, there are immigrant services here where you can get an internship for 3-4 months (not paid unfortunately) but you are offered a job at the end so that is something to look into as well. I am just nervous because I haven't actually held a job even at my home and now I am in another country where everything I grew knowing is different. I am excited but nervous. rjessome do you have any recommendations on how I would make myself look employable even though I haven't worked in nearly 2 1/2 years?
You're welcome.

I must admit, I love newfies. I'm originally from Cape Breton so we are like a newfie's first cousin! Same kind of friendliness and sense of hospitality. But beware, gossip is a sport! LOL

One thing I know about the eastern regions of Canada is that "who you know" can be a really big deal. So you've got to put on your friendliest smile and get out there and meet people. Avon is an excellent idea because it's a great way to get out into your community and make friends as well as potential employment connections. Volunteering is great too. Getting in front of people will also allow you to tell your story, about why you haven't been working because you've been waiting on immigration approval. In my experience, easterners tend to be very empathetic. Use whatever resources are available to you such as immigrant services and the EI office. Upgrading some of your skills might help as well. You can do some things pretty cheaply through adult continuing education programs through the school districts or just taking a single course rather than registering for a whole program. Again, another way to meet people and make connections.

Most of all, stay positive. Employers often hire entry level people based on attitude and willingness to learn. Being open and friendly goes a long way in the east. Be wary of the gossip! It's everywhere (even in work environments) but let it go in through one ear and out through the other. Practice listening with some canned responses. Even now when I go home for a visit and have to listen to my family go on and on who's doing what, I have my responses like "Really?", "Seriously?", "I didn't know that!" and "Wow!" that make them think I'm interested when I'm really not! I can't change the culture but I can refuse to be sucked in by it. And even though it's rampant, it's a bad thing to get labelled as a gossip. It's a bit of an oxymoron, I know. And have a sense of humour too. Newfies love a good laugh and most have a sarcastic twist to their sense of humour so don't take it personally if you find yourself the butt of a joke. It's often a form of affection! Learn to laugh at yourself and you'll be known as a good sport.

Best of luck.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
So nice to meet another Newfie loving person! I know they can be the butt of jokes but they are truly amazing people with great spirits here. And yes, being here for two years, I have definitely noticed the gossiping sport. ;) Lol.

I too have began to notice that you can go far here if you know someone that knows someone kind of concept. Fortunately, I have plenty of those already beginning. One being my MIL. She and her boss for over a year have offered me to work where she works which is home-care service but for obvious reasons have had to turn down their requests. I had thought of doing that once obtaining AIP *crossing fingers* but then came to realize that you cannot work in a health care career field with an OWP. I don't want to take the risk of doing the wrong thing so I will not take up the job at least not yet. Maybe after PR I will. I am curious to find out though, for the immigrant services, do I need to wait to obtain PR status to participate in the programs or could I explain that I have AIP and still be able to participate? It would be upsetting to wait another few months to a year just to participate in the immigrant services just because I wouldn't have PR status.

A friend had recently given me the idea to go to school here and obtain Canadian adult basic education diploma. You can do this if you are over 19 and not been to school for a year or more. I obviously qualify for that. Just a matter of obtaining some extra money to do so. And as you said, it wouldn't hurt to brush up on some skills again and maybe further improve them. And as far as having a willingness to learn, I definitely have that. I love learning to do new things and after waiting so long to do anything here, I will be very eager. I hope I don't get caught up in any gossiping so I should listen and talk but not provide too much of my personal life to them (which I find hard not to do I am a very open person). Thanks for the tips especially since you know what it is like around these parts. It is definitely different obtaining a job here versus on the mainland. And as far as being the butt of the jokes here, I must have a lot of affection then. ;) Nice to know I am loved.

Thank you again for the great advice and tips. I shall write them down into my things to look into after getting AIP (hopefully) journal.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I live in Halifax, and I have been to Cape Breton(Inverness to be more exactly) and whatta cute Island that is.

My partner's company is doing a project there(a Hospital), so I decided to go there with him and one of his trips. It was a 5 hours long drive and at the end of it we were exhausted but it was worth it for me. Nova Scotia is a beautiful province!!

Hoping this week we are going to have couple of people from May/2010 hearing something from Vegreville !!! :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
Seems like Cape Breton wouldn't be too hard to get to from Newfoundland. Now looking at it (on Google), has made me want to look into going there. I already wanted to go to Nova Scotia though. Seems like Newfoundland and Nova Scotia have a quite a few things in common and I think the provinces would be more similar than say Newfoundland and Ontario, you know what I am saying?

And boasorte, I too am hoping that many more that applied in May get positive decisions soon. I am excited for all of you!

Material

Feb 16, 2011
Morning every1

Hope you all had a good weekend

My question is does the interpreter have to be designated/certified or can I just bring a friend to the interview to translate ?

Thanks

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Morning every1

Hope you all had a good weekend

My question is does the interpreter have to be designated/certified or can I just bring a friend to the interview to translate ?

Thanks
It cannot be a friend, you will have to hire a certified interpreter. Try to reach your local office and ask if they can indicate you one or just do a google search. :)

SssS

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, following my earlier post about decision made, I received the AIP letter today. I did not apply for OWP and not sure if I should - I find it an extra expense.

The AIP Letter says that ''... processing of your application has been completed. The CIC Montreal will contact you concerning your permanent resident status...''

Does this essentially mean that even stage two has been completed and I am waiting only for the landing interview or the second stage is done locally?

Thanks