+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

nswetha23

Feb 7, 2017
Hi,

Can I go to any Indian consulate or just the one that belongs to my jurisdiction. the reason I ask Chicago is near to me but NY is the assigned one?

cvaib

Star Member
May 19, 2017
Is there a way to apply for people not living in the city where the consulate is? In my case, I am in Tampa and my consulate location is Atlanta.

2017applicant

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Can anyone help me please. I have a question: Can i show my wife's bank account and PF account (both in India) as Proof of funds along with my bank account and 401K account (both in USA)?

Please help.

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
I just had a pleasant surprise at an Indian Embassy, Chicago. On many forums I read that getting a PCC at Indian Embassy in US takes kind of 2 months minimum. I was worried.

But when I approached them, they issued the certificate on the same day. Of course I had to keep the passport with them. It was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Also, at Chicago Indian embassy they said that they are now accepting cash payment as well. Well, it has not yet been updated on their website. Their website still says payment in Cashier's Cheques or Money Order only. Website is yet to catch up with the embassy apparently. :D

Hi- i am on H1b in Chicago for past 2-3yrs. do i need the FBI PCC as well or just from the indian consulate? any ideas?

CanadianPRbeku

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
Chicago
Passport Req..
22-09-2017
Hi you need a PCC from FBI as well. I would suggest you start this asap, it seems that this process can take upwards of 12 weeks.
I am in a similar boat as you, living in the US working on CPT, no H1 yet. I just received an ITA and am looking forward to kickstart the documentation work this week.
Lets keep in touch.

Vader
are you sure we need FBI PCC as well? can you guide me to the source of this info? i am on H1b in Chicago for past 2-3yrs and wondering if i need the FBI PCC or just from the indian consulate..

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
are you sure we need FBI PCC as well? can you guide me to the source of this info? i am on H1b in Chicago for past 2-3yrs and wondering if i need the FBI PCC or just from the indian consulate..
you need both FBI Identity history and Indian PCC. CIC requires PCC from any country where you have lived for more than 6 months since age of 18. I am on H1B as well and submitted both.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
Is there a way to apply for people not living in the city where the consulate is? In my case, I am in Tampa and my consulate location is Atlanta.
Yes you can send your passport and forms via mail. The procedure is listed on the embassy site. I applied in person at Atlanta embassy and received the PCC in 1 week

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
For sure you need both. It's clearly mentioned on CIC website that you need PCC for all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more cumulative since age 18

Canada_Dream01

Jun 9, 2015
I applied for a PCC at the Consulate here in San Francisco and it took them 4 working days. But I am not complaining. 4 days is a much better turn around time.
Hi CANPR12,

Thanks for Providing the Information , Can you please provide more insights on the Process . Do we need to Submit Passport on the same Day ?

Actually my Wife's Passport is issued in India and Mine in USA (SFO) and do they accept cash as well now?

Thanks

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Hi CANPR12,

Thanks for Providing the Information , Can you please provide more insights on the Process . Do we need to Submit Passport on the same Day ?

Actually my Wife's Passport is issued in India and Mine in USA (SFO) and do they accept cash as well now?

Thanks
You just have to show up at the consulate and submit your passports along with the required fees. Yes I think they took cash/money orders. You can either get the passports mailed back to your residence or go pick it up from the Consulate. They will call you back on the contact number provided on the application to inform you of the time when the passport is ready to be picked up usually after 4pm.

Reactions: Canada_Dream01