+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Indian PCC

sam.canada

Feb 16, 2017
I just had a pleasant surprise at an Indian Embassy, Chicago. On many forums I read that getting a PCC at Indian Embassy in US takes kind of 2 months minimum. I was worried.

But when I approached them, they issued the certificate on the same day. Of course I had to keep the passport with them. It was a very pleasant surprise for me.

Also, at Chicago Indian embassy they said that they are now accepting cash payment as well. Well, it has not yet been updated on their website. Their website still says payment in Cashier's Cheques or Money Order only. Website is yet to catch up with the embassy apparently. :D

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Same with NY consulate. NY people told me that they prefer cash over Money Orders. I entered consulate at 11:40 AM and received my PCC at 12:30 PM same day. Flat 50 min :D

supreets2

Star Member
Aug 16, 2016
I was looking for this info. I am planning to visit Chicago consulate within next week.
For both of you, were your passport originally issued from India or the consulate you were visiting? I am asking this since some forum threads mention that its same day if passport was earlier issued from same consulate.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
supreets2 said:
I was looking for this info. I am planning to visit Chicago consulate within next week.
For both of you, were your passport originally issued from India or the consulate you were visiting? I am asking this since some forum threads mention that its same day if passport was earlier issued from same consulate.
My PP was issued in NY and Wife's PP was issued in India. Both got PCC same day.

CANPR12

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I applied for a PCC at the Consulate here in San Francisco and it took them 4 working days. But I am not complaining. 4 days is a much better turn around time.

babajikibooty

Mar 27, 2017
CANPR12 said:
I applied for a PCC at the Consulate here in San Francisco and it took them 4 working days. But I am not complaining. 4 days is a much better turn around time.
Was your passport issued in India?

babajikibooty

Mar 27, 2017
Is it okay to get PCC through relative in India? I am in San Diego and will have to mail the passport(issued in India), which feels a bit scary to do.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
APPNOV2014NY said:
Same with NY consulate. NY people told me that they prefer cash over Money Orders. I entered consulate at 11:40 AM and received my PCC at 12:30 PM same day. Flat 50 min :D
off course they do... loll

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
India has no centralized database to check for any criminality. I don't see what is done before they issue a PCC.

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
I got ITA and preparing the documents. I'm living in US on H1b, have applied for PCC from NY consulate. Is that the only one i need? can/do we need one from US as well?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
cprak0 said:
India has no centralized database to check for any criminality. I don't see what is done before they issue a PCC.
My guess is they verify the police verification that was uploaded when the passport was last issued. I'm almost sure of this because for some people who have older issued passports with police verification not available, they have psk issue a new police verification request to the address mentioned in the passport. For such people real verification happens after pcc request got submitted and it takes more time too.

Dark Vader

Apr 8, 2017
boatyyo said:
I got ITA and preparing the documents. I'm living in US on H1b, have applied for PCC from NY consulate. Is that the only one i need? can/do we need one from US as well?
Hi you need a PCC from FBI as well. I would suggest you start this asap, it seems that this process can take upwards of 12 weeks.
I am in a similar boat as you, living in the US working on CPT, no H1 yet. I just received an ITA and am looking forward to kickstart the documentation work this week.
Lets keep in touch.

Vader

vpkasbek

Nov 22, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC -Sydney; Secondary visa office: CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Jan 03, 2017
Doc's Request.
Generic Reminder Email: RPRF, Passport Bio, Sch A, PCC. 06.12.2017; Updated Sch A form 09.25.2017
Nomination.....
Dec 15, 2016
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2017
IELTS Request
Sent with package
Med's Request
Dec 15, 2017 (Upfront eMedicals); Feb 12, 2018 (Request from CIC)
Med's Done....
Feb 14, 2018 (Passed)
Interview........
Not applicable; BGIP 2: Feb 27, 2018
Passport Req..
Apr 13, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 19, 2018
APPNOV2014NY said:
My PP was issued in NY and Wife's PP was issued in India. Both got PCC same day.
Did you submit FBI after submission? Where did you send it: Sydney or Ottawa? I am trying to figure out and would help to know.

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Dark Vader said:
Hi you need a PCC from FBI as well. I would suggest you start this asap, it seems that this process can take upwards of 12 weeks.
I am in a similar boat as you, living in the US working on CPT, no H1 yet. I just received an ITA and am looking forward to kickstart the documentation work this week.
Lets keep in touch.

Vader
Thanks, i sent in the fbi request as well. hopefully will get it back in time.

nandu562

Apr 21, 2017
Can somebody please give me the link how to apply for Indian PCC in Washington D.C? I mean what forms do we have to fill for PCC submission?