+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Incorporate before landing

antileet

Jun 24, 2017
I'm working as a freelance consultant with various clients from India. I've gotten express entry ITA and have applied for PR last week.

Is it possible to incorporate a company in Canada (maybe as sole proprietorship) before landing and becoming a permanent resident, and then continuing to operate later.

The benefits I see of this are:

1. My clients would be much more comfortable dealing with a company directly in Canada.
2. I will be able to use some of the earnings if/when I land in a few months.

If you have any suggestions for lawyers who can help me out in this, happy to know! Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to wait until you have landed in Canada and become a PR before you will be able to incorporate a company in Canada.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
I'm working as a freelance consultant with various clients from India. I've gotten express entry ITA and have applied for PR last week.

Is it possible to incorporate a company in Canada (maybe as sole proprietorship) before landing and becoming a permanent resident, and then continuing to operate later.

The benefits I see of this are:

1. My clients would be much more comfortable dealing with a company directly in Canada.
2. I will be able to use some of the earnings if/when I land in a few months.

If you have any suggestions for lawyers who can help me out in this, happy to know! Thank you!
You can incorporate a company as a foreigner, but can't work for the Company until you are legal in Canada. Contact AP Intertrust (apintertrust.com) and they can set up a company in a day or so for you remotely.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Wondering what's the rush, if you only need it to operate once you have arrived in Canada. It is not a complicated process to incorporate at all, and does not take much time either. Longest is often the name search.