Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Canadaideaal said:
Yes that's all fine.
I can see you are a landed imigrant, so you have the experience.
But after Express entry came in january 2015, nobody will get a confimation that you are eligible for the stream you aply for, because CIC will give you all ansers at once, on the end of the appication.
Even when you get a positive answer, and get your permanent residence, you have to wait 3 months before Ohip is valid.
The simple reason is that nobody can show the letter of eligibility, because this is not given by CIC.

For Ohip you have to show your PR confirmation AND the letter of eligibility. In the old system there was such a letter, but not anymore in EE.
That's the difference.

I had all these discussions at the OHIP office last week, and printed out all the regulations, but it didn't help at all.
We have to wait 3 months.
So simple is it.
Did you actually read the first page here about being rejected for OHIP and then contacting the OHIP Eligibility Review Committee?? It doesn't seem like it. This is not something you can do at any OHIP office in person.

DB2101

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-5-2016
Med's Done....
24-03-2016 Upfront
Reactions: LordStanley

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Does one qualify for OHIP if one has received their OWP but doesn't have an AOR for PR application under Inland Spousal Sponsorship.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
DB2101 said:
That is SO helpful, thank you!!
Keep in mind getting OHIP with outland app in process requires you to go through all steps as explained at beginning of this thread.

erable_rouge said:
Does one qualify for OHIP if one has received their OWP but doesn't have an AOR for PR application under Inland Spousal Sponsorship.
In general, no. Most people are reporting that OHIP rejects them since the OWP code you get with inland sponsorship app does not entitle you to OHIP.

However some have reported they successfully got OHIP with the inland OWP AND a letter from their employer stating they were employed full time.

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
Rob_TO said:
Keep in mind getting OHIP with outland app in process requires you to go through all steps as explained at beginning of this thread.

In general, no. Most people are reporting that OHIP rejects them since the OWP code you get with inland sponsorship app does not entitle you to OHIP.

However some have reported they successfully got OHIP with the inland OWP AND a letter from their employer stating they were employed full time.
Thank you ROb

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Hello

Can someone tell me where on the gcms notes I can find passing the assessment stage please? So I can contact the Ohip office.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Rorosgurl said:
Hello

Can someone tell me where on the gcms notes I can find passing the assessment stage please? So I can contact the Ohip office.
Doesn't matter what your GCMS notes say, you'll still get rejected by any OHIP office. You then need to get a formal rejection letter, and go through the OERC as explained on first page of this thread. The OERC will contact visa office on your behalf to determine when you're eligible. So you can do this before you're actually at the stage that qualifies you to begin the OHIP clock.

Rorosgurl

Jan 5, 2014
london ontario
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
October 12th 2013
AOR Received.
October 17th 2013
File Transfer...
December 2nd 2013
Med's Done....
September 6th 2013
Rob_TO said:
Doesn't matter what your GCMS notes say, you'll still get rejected by any OHIP office. You then need to get a formal rejection letter, and go through the OERC as explained on first page of this thread. The OERC will contact visa office on your behalf to determine when you're eligible. So you can do this before you're actually at the stage that qualifies you to begin the OHIP clock.
I already have ohip now. I was in the 3 months waiting period when I gave birth to my son..and ended up with 10 thousands with hospital bills. I contacted oerc and the supposedly contacted cic. And cic said I was eligible only a few days before I received my copr. So I ordered my notes aND I just got them today
I need to know where on the form does it show passing the assignment stage.
Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Rorosgurl said:
I already have ohip now. I was in the 3 months waiting period when I gave birth to my son..and ended up with 10 thousands with hospital bills. I contacted oerc and the supposedly contacted cic. And cic said I was eligible only a few days before I received my copr. So I ordered my notes aND I just got them today
I need to know where on the form does it show passing the assignment stage.
Thanks
Do you see any notes regarding "AFP" (Applicant For Permanent Residence)? This is supposedly the designation that would qualify you for OHIP.

Usually OERC is supposed to confirm this date, so it may in fact be just shortly before COPR was issued if that's what they say.

ayokunlex02

Mar 10, 2016
Panamai said:
Well, I finally got my COPR and landed on November 23. I got DM on November 5, and from my notes, I knew my eligibility check was completed on October 30th, so I asked the appeals committee to take another look at my case whilst I waited for my COPR. I just got a response today that I will have OHIP coverage starting on January 30th! It's only 3 weeks earlier, but that makes a huge difference for me, considering I have a 4 cm mass on my lung that really needs attention. I'll have to pay for my CT scan in a couple of weeks, but hopefully, if I need surgery, I'll be covered by then. What a relief to finally have this over with! Thanks for all your help, guys!

Hypno73

Sep 23, 2014
Rob_TO said:
No, nothing much has changed. You can still get OHIP before you land as a PR if you are living in Canada and have an outland app in process. And you only need a document from the list they provide to prove your residency: http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/014-9998E-82~1/$File/9998-82E.pdf
I received my letter of eligibility to sponsor my wife and the application has been sent off. She is here with me in ontario and want to apply for OHIP. what do they mean by:
Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada)
Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Is the letter i received not valid? and since she has been here such a short time i'm having a difficult time demonstrating something from List 2 Proof of Residency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hypno73 said:
I received my letter of eligibility to sponsor my wife and the application has been sent off. She is here with me in ontario and want to apply for OHIP. what do they mean by:
Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship under section 5.1 of the Citizenship Act (Canada)
Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Is the letter i received not valid? and since she has been here such a short time i'm having a difficult time demonstrating something from List 2 Proof of Residency.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
No, sponsor approval does not make her eligible. You need to read the first page of this thread and follow the steps: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/important-ohip-eligibility-info-for-all-pr-applicants-residing-in-ontario-t56695.0.html;msg2518001#msg2518001

You must go to OHIP office to try and register and get rejected, make sure you get a letter of rejection, and then go through OERC to appeal that.

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I am currently residing in Ontario and applied for Permanent residency in Jan 2017. I am confused whether I am eligible for OHIP as of today with PR application pending final approval. Can I go to service ontario and get myself registered for OHIP with my AOR?

Please guys help!! thanks.

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Experts,
I landed in December 2016 (& thus my COPR is December 2016) and came back India in January' 2017.
For OHIP eligibility for Permanent Residency, webiste ( http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/ ), says:
Ontario residents are eligible for provincially funded health coverage (OHIP). Generally, to be eligible for Ontario health coverage you must

• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or among one of the newcomer to Canada groups who are eligible for OHIP as set out in Ontario’s Health Insurance Act ; and
    be physically present in Ontario for 153 days in any 12-month period; and
    be physically present in Ontario for at least 153 days of the first 183 days immediately after establishing residency in the province; and
    make your primary place of residence in Ontario.
OHIP coverage normally becomes effective three months after the date you establish residency in Ontario. The ministry strongly encourages new and returning residents to purchase private health insurance in case you become ill during the OHIP waiting period.

My question is that since I landed around 4 months back (my COPR is 4 months old), am I eligible for OHIP or I have to wait for 153 days?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
mohitmalhotr44 said:
Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I am currently residing in Ontario and applied for Permanent residency in Jan 2017. I am confused whether I am eligible for OHIP as of today with PR application pending final approval. Can I go to service ontario and get myself registered for OHIP with my AOR?

Please guys help!! thanks.
Not knowing how you applied for PR, it's impossible to say.

talkto_vinay said:
Experts,
I landed in December 2016 (& thus my COPR is December 2016) and came back India in January' 2017.
This thread is for PR applicants, not those who already have PR status.