+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam.

zeekay

Mar 29, 2012
watsonwoo said:
Hi:

Last week, I got a call from Immigration Canada. Someone wants to hear from my ex-wife. But she is not my wife, she committed marriage fraud.
I felt relief that as a victim, Immigration Canada is taking my case of Marriage fraud seriously. But in my haste, I gave them information that I may had spotted her in 2 work places. However, I do not have her residential address.

Now, I think, I should have just said that I know nothing. Emotions are such a bummer. I hope my case against her goes ahead and I hope they accuse her of 'violation of Immigration laws' then have her deported.

Good luck for me.
Hi watsonwoo,

Is there any update in your case? I hope you have got some good news from Immigration

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
zeekay said:
Hi watsonwoo,

Is there any update in your case? I hope you have got some good news from Immigration
Hi:

I have not heard anything since. I also mailed in a package with updated phone conversations. And I included a copy of a police record which I filed. Police did not lay charges on her.

Then I am waiting for an update from Immigration since.

Thanks.

watsonwoo

Nov 12, 2006
Hi everyone:

I still have not heard from Immigration Canada about my previous wife.

But for some strange reason, she is not working in the place where I have spotted her. Could she had moved?

I started a new chapter in my life. A new marriage (once again through sponsorship) D:

I called Immigration Canada whom gave me a phone number to call and so far I do not owe any money to welfare for her during my 3 years sponsorship.

Canada Immigration tightened the laws on fraud and they sent agents over to China and other countries. But what about the victims here in Canada needing investigations? Why not send agents throughout Canada to locate the fraudsters and send them back? Sorry, just my opinion.

mccart

May 22, 2013
my name is mccart i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my husband have been having a lot of problem living together, he will always not make me happy because he have fallen in love with another lady outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my husband leave this woman but the more i talk to him the more he makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because he no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my husband again. this spell caster who was a woman told me that my husband is really under a great spell that he have been charm by some magic, so she told me that she was going to make all things normal back. she did the spell on my husband and after 5 days my husband changed completely he even apologize with the way he treated me that he was not him self, i really thank this woman her name is Dr Aluta she have bring back my husband back to me i want you all to contact her who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem she will solve it for you. her email is traditionalspellhospital@gmail.com, she is a woman and she is great. wish you good time.

alan46

May 21, 2013
watsonwoo said:
Hi everyone:

I still have not heard from Immigration Canada about my previous wife.

But for some strange reason, she is not working in the place where I have spotted her. Could she had moved?

I started a new chapter in my life. A new marriage (once again through sponsorship) D:

I called Immigration Canada whom gave me a phone number to call and so far I do not owe any money to welfare for her during my 3 years sponsorship.

Canada Immigration tightened the laws on fraud and they sent agents over to China and other countries. But what about the victims here in Canada needing investigations? Why not send agents throughout Canada to locate the fraudsters and send them back? Sorry, just my opinion.
what you and others are describing is like slavery. you want the state to force these women to honor the personal arrangements between you. and if she doesnt well there would be punishment. thats not very glorious all of this.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alan46 said:
what you and others are describing is like slavery. you want the state to force these women to honor the personal arrangements between you. and if she doesnt well there would be punishment. thats not very glorious all of this.
If you read his former posts, you will see that his ex wife left him the day after she landed as a PR. If that is not marriage fraud, then I don't know what is.

His ex wasted years of his life. She pretended to love him in order to get him to sponsor her, she wasted months if not years of his life during this process not to mention his money and as soon as she got the PR, she took off. Do you think she deserves to be a PR? Should she benefit from her fraud?

UsCa

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Leon said:
If you read his former posts, you will see that his ex wife left him the day after she landed as a PR. If that is not marriage fraud, then I don't know what is.

His ex wasted years of his life. She pretended to love him in order to get him to sponsor her, she wasted months if not years of his life during this process not to mention his money and as soon as she got the PR, she took off. Do you think she deserves to be a PR? Should she benefit from her fraud?
She deserves to be deported

You know. just because of these marriage frauds, cic got strict and increased the timelines and which in result made the genuine couples suffers.

if CIC wants they can find that girl in a day and can deport her.
Acc to me. this 2 year conditional PR should get increased to 5year.

this marriage frauds are very common in south asia. (no offence to genuine couples living in those countries)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I think the UK have it correct. It was a two year probationary period after landing before you could apply for an "Indefinite Leave to Remain" (equivalent of a full PR). Now it is increased to five years. I don't think it's conditional either, so none of the exemptions that Canada has, even with the new regulations since 25th October 2012. You also have to do a qualifying examination before ILR is granted, which tests both language skills and knowledge of the UK. (Similar to Canadian citizenship test).

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
My husband married me to come to Canada and ran away within four weeks of coming to the country. He landed in canada in October 2013 and was sponsored in Dec 2012. I have already informed CBSA about the situation. I have also received an aknowledgement from CIC that they are investigating my case. Does anyone knows what happens next??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
newbee1 said:
My husband married me to come to Canada and ran away within four weeks of coming to the country. He landed in canada in October 2013 and was sponsored in Dec 2012. I have already informed CBSA about the situation. I have also received an aknowledgement from CIC that they are investigating my case. Does anyone knows what happens next??
That will depend on whether "Condition 51" was applied to his COPR. If it was, then it's possible that they will revoke his PR and send him home. If it wasn't, they will investigate for fraud/misrepresentation etc, but it's possible that he will be allowed to keep his PR. You have not given us enough information yet on the details.
If he keeps his PR, you are stuck with the 3 years sponsorship commitment.

It is possible that CBSA will not tell you anything about their investigations while it is ongoing.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
All applications received on or after October 25, 2012 are subject to the "conditional PR", if the sponsored spouse is in a relationship of 2 years or less with their sponsor and has no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.

He was sponsored on Dec 2012(assuming this is when the application was sent), so if they have been together for 2 years or less and have no children together, then he has "conditional PR".

In such a scenario, as he left her after 4 weeks, he is in breach of the 2-year "co-habiting in a legitimate relationship" requirement, so his PR status could be revoked.

She has reported him which is good. CIC will investigate and depending on findings, they could deport him and revoke his status.

@ newbee 1 - yes, it is possible CIC will not tell you anything about him for privacy reasons. I read a comment here a few weeks ago... one lady(sponsoring her husband from Jamaica) said her husband was given some document which asked if CIC could share information about him with his sponsor(his wife) and he consented to that. Check if this happened with your husband, and if he consented, then CIC will share information about him with you.

Sorry you went through this. Hopefully, he will get/find a job and not go on welfare.

zardoz said:
That will depend on whether "Condition 51" was applied to his COPR. If it was, then it's possible that they will revoke his PR and send him home. If it wasn't, they will investigate for fraud/misrepresentation etc, but it's possible that he will be allowed to keep his PR. You have not given us enough information yet on the details.
If he keeps his PR, you are stuck with the 3 years sponsorship commitment.

It is possible that CBSA will not tell you anything about their investigations while it is ongoing.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
SenoritaBella said:
All applications received on or after October 25, 2012 are subject to the "conditional PR", if the sponsored spouse is in a relationship of 2 years or less with their sponsor and has no children in common with their sponsor at the time they submit their sponsorship application.
That is Condition 51, as applied to the COPR.

amjad1002

Oct 4, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila phip
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
10-09-2013
Med's Request
already sent
Med's Done....
11-08-2013 and redo 08-02-2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
02-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
3 Feb 2016
Re: Immigration Fraud, Marriage of Convenience, Marriage Fraud and Marriage Scam

indimer04 said:
well put thaiguy!

It does seem that df has made some negative choices in the past and is now attacking everyone in a negative way. Her comments have always been to persuade others not to continue in what they believe may work. People come on here to get help or insight into choices they need to make in their current lives, i know i did and this site has really helped me out and that is why i don't like the way she has turned away certain people in believing that some relationships wont work. Its up to the individual in the end to make that choice . I am not saying its bad to express your views but don't be negative all the time either ...since there is always two sides to every equation. I know that i am happy in the choice i made to marry my husband whom i meet on the internet without even meeting him first..and also i have a daughter too...which by the way truly loves my husband!!!!!!!so, not all internet or long distance relationships are failures...especially when it involves men from the Muslim faith or men from Africa in general.... i support all women out there who want to persue a relationship with anyone from a far away country.
that true all people are not bad i am meet my wife on internet she is canadian and iam Pakistani man we married and then i live with her here in korea we both work and we love each other very much so it depand on person and also family background when you get married any one through internet meet his or her family and see his or her work place and every thing which you thing is good for you also his or her bank statment will more help you and all more information related to him or her.

newbee1

Dec 20, 2013
SenoritaBella said:

He was sponsored on Dec 2012(assuming this is when the application was sent), so if they have been together for 2 years or less and have no children together, then he has "conditional PR".

In such a scenario, as he left her after 4 weeks, he is in breach of the 2-year "co-habiting in a legitimate relationship" requirement, so his PR status could be revoked.

She has reported him which is good. CIC will investigate and depending on findings, they could deport him and revoke his status.

@ newbee 1 - yes, it is possible CIC will not tell you anything about him for privacy reasons. I read a comment here a few weeks ago... one lady(sponsoring her husband from Jamaica) said her husband was given some document which asked if CIC could share information about him with his sponsor(his wife) and he consented to that. Check if this happened with your husband, and if he consented, then CIC will share information about him with you.

Sorry you went through this. Hopefully, he will get/find a job and not go on welfare.
Thanks so much for the information.

Blueveia

Star Member
Nov 1, 2013
Canadian ladies i will love you if that gets me into Canada :p

Seriously, i wasn't aware that so many people did this it's amazing how crazy that is, but from what I learned canadians are so unlucky in their relationships :S