+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Immigration as COOK

angelloveguy

Oct 19, 2010
Hello,

I am currently living in UK on Tier(1) Post study visa and I have completed my MBA and after that I got a job in my friend's restaurant as couldn't find any proper job in London, I have two years of experience as a cook in an Indian restaurant which is not very big but we have almost 100 customers daily. I just wanted to know that can I apply for Canadian Immigration as COOK. I have two short cookery courses certificates from a local institute.

Secondly, I was refused for Canadian Immigration 4 years ago (Computer Programmer) as I was in London on studetn visa and I showed a part time job to canadian immigration officer and she was not cleared that how can I do a part time job in London on student visa, where as I told her that we are allowed for 20 hours of work without any permission but she was not conveinced and refused my visa.

I wanted to know that can I apply for Canadian Immigration as COOK and will my last refusal will play any role.

thanks

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
COOK qualifies for Canadian immigration, please refer to the website. Also past refusal wont matter. Go ahead all the best......

Ali Haidar

Mar 23, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-07-2009
Doc's Request.
08-08-2009
Nomination.....
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
20-10-2009
IELTS Request
submitted with documents
File Transfer...
21-10-2009
Med's Request
13-08-2010
Med's Done....
25-09-2010
Interview........
not required (I believe)
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
cook qualifies under current list! but i am not sure u will qualify because of your diverse qualification .... you applied earlier as a programmer based on what....(education i can't understand , i am not impressed how come visa officer ) now u have MBA and working as a cook ............(hows that) i prefer you apply under business support (something like this , check out the list) will suit you...

mikenz

Sep 5, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Angelloveguy,

if you have the necessary paperwork to prove you are a cook and show sufficient experience, I think it is better to go under the appropriate NOC 6242 for cooks than under NOC 1122 which is full already. Chances may be heaps better..

blaster

Dec 4, 2011
hi angelloveguy,

I have a similar problem like yours of having cooking experience and having and Mba. Want to know what happened with your application.

thanks