+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 5710 - Open work permit - Clarifications required.

IMMI_123

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Hello,

I am filling out 5710 form for me and for my spouse for open work permit.

Myself - Primary applicant : I will continue to work for the same employer (even after getting Open work permit).In that case, Can I provide my employer details in the 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' section?

For my spouse ( doesn't have any job offer yet from any employer)..Can I leave it blank or write NA in this section?

Where can I locate 'document number' in my recent visitor record or work permit? I see three different numbers file number, client id and a number printed in the top ( is this the one??).

Appreciate any inputs. THX____

anand243244

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
05-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Passport Req..
14-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
02-03-2014
IMMI_123 said:
Hello,

Myself - Primary applicant : I will continue to work for the same employer (even after getting Open work permit).In that case, Can I provide my employer details in the 'Details of Intended Work in Canada' section?

For my spouse ( doesn't have any job offer yet from any employer)..Can I leave it blank or write NA in this section?

Where can I locate 'document number' in my recent visitor record or work permit? I see three different numbers file number, client id and a number printed in the top ( is this the one??).

Client ID is the one which you need to mention in WP application form

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
IMMI_123 said:
Hello,

Top right corner of your work permit, there are two numbers. One in a box and one below it. The one below starts with a letter and then a series of digits. That's the number you can use. At least that's the only number that the PDF validates.

Not sure about your other questions. Just make sure you pick Open Work Permit as the type.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
I have the same question and the answer is not clear... I want to have an open work permit, but I also would stay with the same company. Should I write my company's information? Because it asks to attach original offer of employment. And I don't want they mention it on my WP. Does anyone know how I should proceed? Thanks

krithika

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Hi All,

What do i select in the IMM5710E for a spousal open work permit from the below options ???

A work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of temporary resident as a worker
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

Plz help

Ottawa10

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Karioca said:
I have the same question and the answer is not clear... I want to have an open work permit, but I also would stay with the same company. Should I write my company's information? Because it asks to attach original offer of employment. And I don't want they mention it on my WP. Does anyone know how I should proceed? Thanks
Hi Karioca,

I did not indicate my employer's name and typed "applying for bridging open work permit". OWP does not require your employers name.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
Ottawa10 said:
Hi Karioca,

I did not indicate my employer's name and typed "applying for bridging open work permit". OWP does not require your employers name.
Thanks Ottawa10. I did the same

chia_88

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
17-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
LANDED..........
15-02-2014
Hi,

Have you all seen the most recent post regarding a CEC applicant who applied for an Open Work Permit and was refused?
Please take a look at this, as it may be something to be concerned about.
Please give your comments on it.

Thanks!

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi Krithika

Have you submitted the OWP for your spouse.
What did you choose from the list for point 3 in IMM5710E form?

Thanks
-SD

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
I am in the process of applying Open WP for my spouse and we have chosen second option WP for new employer, although she doesn't have a job offer yet.

We are leaving the Employer Information section blank as well.

TechEngg

Mar 19, 2013
Hi PB02

I will be opting for the 2nd option for my spouse OWP.
Please do let me know if everything goes well.I would be applying somewhere near April Mid.

Btw are you applying online??what all documents are you submitting apart from IMM5710E form.

Thanks
-SD

chacks

Mar 31, 2013
Hi,
I want to apply for open WP with ref to my PR approval received just now (Applied for PR last month). Can anybody let me know which option to select in the IMM5710E for my application & spouse. I want apply open WP for me & my spouse.
My current holding WP is valid till last week of Apr13. Can I apply for open WP now in this short period?.

A work permit with the same employer
A work permit with a new employer
Restoration of temporary resident as a worker
Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit

pritha

Star Member
Oct 8, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
VEGREVILLE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
AOR Received.
31-07-2013
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Request
Sent with App
Med's Done....
14-06-2013
Interview........
11-06-2014
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
11-06-2014
PB02 said:
I am in the process of applying Open WP for my spouse and we have chosen second option WP for new employer, although she doesn't have a job offer yet.

We are leaving the Employer Information section blank as well.

HI,

I just want to ask , How did you validate the IMM 5710 form if the you leave the Employer Information blank ?

See i tried to fill out the form, and leave few questions on "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" that does not apply for me in blank . But, when i try to validate to this form , i can't because there is some questions that i did not fill.

I've been questioning this question here and there but no one answering, i wish you could help me.

Thanks

Reactions: Psyer

PB02

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
pritha said:
HI,

I just want to ask , How did you validate the IMM 5710 form if the you leave the Employer Information blank ?

See i tried to fill out the form, and leave few questions on "DETAILS OF INTENDED WORK IN CANADA" that does not apply for me in blank . But, when i try to validate to this form , i can't because there is some questions that i did not fill.

I've been questioning this question here and there but no one answering, i wish you could help me.

Thanks
Try to write any title related to the past experience, (if any) or related to the education

cj308

Nov 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2013
AOR Received.
10-04-2013
Hi I want to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit.

1. whether am eligible to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit?
Note: Canadian Experience Class PR Application status - Application Received. ( Note: they received my application on 1st march )

2. As of now, am in Work Permit and working and my contract with company is going to expire on 31st July 2013 along with my work permit and visa. While filling the form IMM5710E (Application to Change Conditions, Extend my Stay or Remain in Canada as a Worker)

a. What should i choose from below?
i. A work permit with the same emploer
ii. Restoration of temporary resident status as worker
iii. A work permit with a new employer
iv Initial Temporary Resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

b. Do i have to provide present Employer detail on "Details of Intended Work in Canada", as my contract is going

to expire on 31st July and applying for Open Work Permit.

3. Do my spouse to fill seperate form. As of now, she is with me in Visitor.

*cj308*