+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

imm 5481

jmontauk

May 9, 2011
Hi folks, I have a couple of questions that im not sure about. Im not sure how to answer questions 4 to 7 on the imm 5481 section of the sponsorship form.I was also confused by when they ask if u are naturilized to canada or PR and the date u came to canada.I was born in canada and my family is canadian too,but i have not notice a section to answer that im canadian 100% or maybe i overlooked that question.

Anyway, i would be very happy if someone could offer some advice on how to answer these questions.

awor

Nov 4, 2010
Oregon to Alberta
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> LA
App. Filed.......
26 Aug 2011
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2011
File Transfer...
[b]CPC-M to Buffalo:[/b] 03 Nov 2011 [b]Buffalo to LA:[/b] 19 Jan 2012
Med's Done....
11 Apr 2011 [b]Ecas shows received [/b]5 Mar 2012
Passport Req..
7 Mar 2012 [b]Decision Made[/b]: 1 Apr 2012
VISA ISSUED...
29 Mar 2012 [b] CORP Received[/b]: 19 Apr 2012
LANDED..........
Sumas: 25 April 2012 / [b]PR Cards Received[/b]: 4 July 2012
No, you are not naturalized or a PR and the date you came to Canada is your birthday. They really need to add the option in there to check born in Canada or something.

Jurjen

Nov 1, 2010
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (inland)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Med's Done....
01-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
19-10-2011 @ Montreal
jmontauk said:
Hi folks, I have a couple of questions that im not sure about. Im not sure how to answer questions 4 to 7 on the imm 5481 section of the sponsorship form.
4 is already filled in.
5 A: read the question again. It should be pretty clear.
5 B: did you (co-)sponsor people before? If no, fill in 0 everywhere. If yes, fill in the numbers depending is the undertaking is still in effect of not.
6 A: do you have a spouse or common-law partner? If yes: 1 and give details on the back.
6 B: other (dependant) family? That means kids of yours under 22 that are not married.
7: add up all the numbers.

This is my own interpretation of these questions, but it doesn't seem like there's a lot of space for other interpretations (but that could, again, just be me).

I suppose you want to sponsor your parents? This form is not meant for sponsoring spouses/common-law partners.

jmontauk said:
I was also confused by when they ask if u are naturilized to canada or PR and the date u came to canada.I was born in canada and my family is canadian too,but i have not notice a section to answer that im canadian 100% or maybe i overlooked that question.
IMM 1344? I would, indeed, use your date of birth as the date you became citizen.

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jurjen said:
I suppose you want to sponsor your parents? This form is not meant for sponsoring spouses/common-law partners.
Yes it is. At the top of the Sponsorship Evaluation form, under the heading it reads:
"This form is to be completed by persons who want to sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent children who have no dependent children of their own."