+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IMM 0008

Fiore

Nov 10, 2009
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know about IMM 0008 Generic where it asks for "visa office requested for the process of application". I read the guide and it doesn´t say anything about it. I read that when submitting the application for the common-law sponsorship you have to submit together the permanent residency application as well, and IMM 0008 generic is part of it. However, I´m not sure which would be the Visa office. I am an Italian Argentinian citizen and the application will be done through the argentinian government but I know the application has to be submitted first to Mississauga for approval since afterwards I intend to live in Ontario with my partner.
Would the visa office they are asking for in IMM 0008 generic be the office in Mississauga Canada or one in Argentina?

Also, I am an Italian citizen but I have lived all my life in Argentina and I have just travelled to Italy for holidays. Do you think it would be possible and/or better to apply through the Italian government rather than the Argentinian one? Or would it be the same?

And last but not least, also in IMM 0008 Schedule 1, Question 15 where it asks for addresses I lived since I was 18, Do I need to included adresses of places that I was travelling? For example, I was living in Spain for 1 month and I stayed at a friend´s house, should I include that too?

Thank you very much

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Fiore said:
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know about IMM 0008 Generic where it asks for "visa office requested for the process of application". I read the guide and it doesn´t say anything about it. I read that when submitting the application for the common-law sponsorship you have to submit together the permanent residency application as well, and IMM 0008 generic is part of it. However, I´m not sure which would be the Visa office. I am an Italian Argentinian citizen and the application will be done through the argentinian government but I know the application has to be submitted first to Mississauga for approval since afterwards I intend to live in Ontario with my partner.
Would the visa office they are asking for in IMM 0008 generic be the office in Mississauga Canada or one in Argentina?

Also, I am an Italian citizen but I have lived all my life in Argentina and I have just travelled to Italy for holidays. Do you think it would be possible and/or better to apply through the Italian government rather than the Argentinian one? Or would it be the same?

And last but not least, also in IMM 0008 Schedule 1, Question 15 where it asks for addresses I lived since I was 18, Do I need to included adresses of places that I was travelling? For example, I was living in Spain for 1 month and I stayed at a friend´s house, should I include that too?

Thank you very much
1. Your case, Buenos Aires, You could chose Rome as well but the processing times are nearly identical.
2. Note the sponsor ship and the application are both submitted to Mississauga, If the sponsorship is approved, then the application is sent to the visa office.
3. No, only if you spent significant time at one place in your travels.

PMM

Fiore

Nov 10, 2009
Thank you PMM!

So just to comfirm, what you are saying is:

1. it doesn´t matter which place we choose to apply through, Buenos Aires or Rome, both should be the same.
2. The visa office is Buenos Aires.
3. don´t include addresses where I stayed for less than six months for example.

Thank you so so much again! Thank´s for your patience and answering me! ;D

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
You need to list the addresses of places where you lived. Not where you stayed, where you lived. As in, resided there. So for example, if you actually packed all your stuff, left home and lived in one place for a month, then you'd list it. When you go on visits though, it's not really changing your residence, it's just sleeping somewhere else for a while. Just like you wouldn't list a hotel you stayed at as your residence, you don't list a friend's place, unless you actually moved in with them.

Since you spent most of your life in Argentina, I'd think Buenos Aires would be the logical choice. But, if you so wish, you CAN choose Rome as the processing office. You can see the processing times here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/05-fc-spouses.asp
Both offices have comparable processing times, but since you're closer to Buenos Aires, I'd go with that.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Fiore said:
3. don´t include addresses where I stayed for less than six months for example.
I mentioned all the addresses where I stayed longer than a month just in case, especially if I was in a foreign countries, even if it was less than 6 months.

nyssa

May 14, 2009
Midwest, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2010
AOR Received.
22-09-10
Med's Done....
09-01-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2010
LANDED..........
06-01-2011
Mitamata - I sort of stayed at a friend's house in 2007 for a few weeks but I didn't list it because I didn't really technically move out, I just stayed the night there mostly. In her support letter though she put I was living there when she met my husband. Does anyone think they'll analyze that?

Fiore

Nov 10, 2009
Hi Nyssa,

I think what you did is ok, you were not living at you friend´s plus it was just a couple of weeks so I wouldn´t have included it either.