+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS Validity

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Jawad

if you have not yet applied, and you are Category 1 FSW, you do not need to send in your proof of language ability to Sydney Office, but they suggest you have it ready so that you can provide this as soon as they accept your initial application and request documents

please see pages 8&9 of...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.pdf

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
John,

May be i dont even know main difference about Sydny things and Regular, do you want to say that i need to send documents on regular procedure, but dont need to send them if i am under Ministarial Occupations?

Regards,

J...

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
when canada says from the date of application, does it mean the time you sent your application form to sydney or the time you send your documents to the visa office?

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
But how can any one determine about test results or language experties before doing it or on guesses, like if get 6 bands now or later less or more. Hope you got my point.

Confusing...

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
When you fill out the forms, pay the money and send the first group of docs to Sydney office, you are APPLYING! So this the date you should consider regarding validity of your IELTS score. You also get a file number at this stage. So I am quite sure, it is when you apply to Sydney office.

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Dear, i mean to say that i will send application on what basis? the score i have right now in my result, right? what if later on i get below of this result? And if a person havent done ielts yet what will he should do? Just send points on assumption?

Regards,

J...

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
if you need the maimum points to reach 67, put in the maximum points. after sending your application you can take the test and if you don't reach you're desired points , you can take it as many times as you can until you reach the points you need.

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
You mean to say that i will send my application to Sydny office first, later on they will send it to my home visa office and visa office will give me 120 days to submit my documents if needed, right? What do we need to send to Sydny office? Just forms first? If yes then what forms they are?

please guide me a bit on this.

Regards,

J...

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
Jawad
you really must study the requirements in the EG7000 guidelines in more detail about how to apply

it really isn't that difficult

but I do understand the dilemma you face over language proof

please understand the CIC view, they want up-to-date proof you speak English to the required standard

if your test results are out of date, you have to retake the exam

CIC always advice you to take the test BEFORE you apply so you KNOW how many points you get and you won't get disappointed later on

pencilcut

Jan 18, 2009
if you're applying as a skilled worker, Send the following:

1.the application forms
2.a photocopy of your passport’s bio-data page, (principal applicant only)
3.2 self-addressed mailing labels one in English or French and the second in the official language of your country.
4.the payment ( must be in canadian dollars )
Note: Do not send other supporting documents. Wait until you receive correspondence from the Central Intake Unit at CPC-Sydney.

You must keep a copy of the forms before sending them to the CIU.

you can prepare your documents while waiting for the instructions from the visa office on what to send. it's better to be ready with everything, check step 4 or the visa office specific instructions for your country. they have a list there of specific documents you'll need to present.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
I have critical question regarding IELTS.

I sent my application to CIU and I got a letter for further consideration at CIC london office, and they asked me to send all documents with the application forms. The question (or may be questions) are: I have already 61 points for my education, age, .. except the English proficiency, that's mean I need only 6 over 16 points, so if I have an academic IELTS that I already did it in March 2007 with bands (SP: 6.5, Reading: 6.5, Lis:6, Writing:6) and according to the new points system I will gain 6 points for speaking and listening ( 4 for speaking+2 for listening), so even they will not consider the reading and writing points (different between academic and general) I will qualify for 6 points.

Is that going to be OK for the consideration stage, or I need to do the general IELTS.

Cheers,
zaid

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Rupeshhari,

u mean we need to send:

1- IMM0008 E GENERIC
2- IMM0008 E SCHEDULE 1
3- IMM0008 E SCHEDULE 3
4- IMM5406
5- Draft 550$ (since i am not taking my family with me at the moment)
6- 2 Address labels (my mailing address written on 2 papers in my native and English language separately)
7- Bio page of your passport (first page of my passport)

Regards,

J...

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
sorry I mentioned wrong my IELTS date is march 2008, so it is less than one year.
anyone can share his/her experience about just considering the speaking and listening which are the same in both academic and general.

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
so that you mean, if anyone get zero in any section then he is not qualified. Really it does not make sense. I just need six points from speaking (I have 4 points) and from the listening (I have 2 points) so if they will give me zero for writing and reading, would be no problem for me.

cheers,
zaid

toyna

Oct 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2012
AOR Received.