Star Member
Jan 5, 2009
punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC, New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Someone please tell me wat is the valdity of IELTS test as some says it is only valid for 2 years.

target2009match

Star Member
Dec 18, 2008
FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSE IT IS valid for 1 year and after 1 year u will have to do again according to web site ,thanks and takecare

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
It self it expires after 2 years as mine is going to expire in September, what if i apply before it expires? As you said its on web site that should be valid till 1 year prior to applying, Can you send link where its written dear? For my information.

Regards,

J...

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
i m sure for CIC, IELTS must not be older than 1 year

foreverwaiting

Star Member
Dec 16, 2008
You have to take IELTS within one year of submitting your application. Regarding validity of IELTS, although the result is valid for two years, for Canadian immigration purposes it remains valid for as long as it takes CIC to process your case.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
The CIC manual called OP 6 has the following to say on language test validity

Language test results must not be older than one year at the time of application.

Note: Points for the applicant’s language proficiency are generally awarded according to evidence provided at the time the application is made. However, if further study, training, or testing is completed and documentation submitted between the time of application and the time of assessment, officers will use the most current results to determine point allocations. In terms of designated language test results, officers will NOT select the highest score for each language ability from a variety of test score submissions. It is always the most recent group of tests that will be considered by officer as it is the most current assessment of the applicant’s four language abilities.

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
I am really confuse by this mixed situation. My IELTS is going to expire in september 2009 which i passed in 2007. Now at this stage i am getting 10 points of Language. Showing current result if i am applying and later on if they ask me to do it again, and i can not take 10 points, what will be my position? Because every time you dont get chance to get 10 points in your application.

I belive they consider IELTS score at the time you sent them and u can show them later your docs when they are asked to be shown.

Confusing.

Regards,

J...

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Is there any one who can send me original link or tell me where its written that validity should be 1 year at the time of applying?

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
please refer to section 10 of the manual called OP 6 which can be found here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/index.asp

it should also be mentioned in the checklist included in your country specific instructions (it clearly says so in mine)

*Visa Office specific appendices contain your local requirements. Instructions can be found on our website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled-mission.asp

so if you passed IELTS in 2007, it is no longer valid as far as CIC are concerned

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
John, you are very right, i just checked that check list, its written there. Its already 1 year old. What do you suggest now? I was almost prepared to apply this as my marks are more then 70 :( Should i do it again and then apply for Immigration?

Regards,

J...