+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IELTS 29th July

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Hi Folks,

Creating this thread for people taking IELTS test on 29 July, Please share tips/tricks, speaking test questions etc.
Do not forget to share test results once you have it!

Good Luck to Everyone !

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
I just completed the interview. It was good. I didn't hesitate as much as I expected to. So here is a summary of my questions:

Part 1:
Usual introductory questions then questions about shoes
How much you spend on them?, Do you like to buy them online?

Part 2:
Talk about something you look forward to achieve that's not related to work or study
-What is it?
- How to do it?
-Why do it?

Part 3:
- Discussing people and their time management
- Discussing how governments can enhance life

My memory of this part is a little bit hazy as I was excited that I finished part 2 without stopping during the speech :D

qwerty69

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Cambridge books are really helpful and good resource for preparations. And Liz is truly amazing!
Whats your target score?

Any news on speaking test dates?
I'm aiming for 8.5 in Reading/Listening and 7 in Writing/Speaking, hopefully 7.5. Reading shouldn't be a problem as I'm scoring 8.5-9 on the practice tests. I'm focusing on listening as I'm scoring 8-8.5, so I need to be careful there. I'm aiming low in Writing & Speaking because I don't have a reference of the results of my practices.

My speaking test is also on the 29th.

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
I just completed the interview. It was good. I didn't hesitate as much as I expected to. So here is a summary of my questions:

Part 1:
Usual introductory questions then questions about shoes
How much you spend on them?, Do you like to buy them online?

Part 2:
Talk about something you look forward to achieve that's not related to work or study
-What is it?
- How to do it?
-Why do it?

Part 3:
- Discussing people and their time management
- Discussing how governments can enhance life

My memory of this part is a little bit hazy as I was excited that I finished part 2 without stopping during the speech :D
Thanks for sharing and i wish you get the targeted score!
Good Luck mate !

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
I'm aiming for 8.5 in Reading/Listening and 7 in Writing/Speaking, hopefully 7.5. Reading shouldn't be a problem as I'm scoring 8.5-9 on the practice tests. I'm focusing on listening as I'm scoring 8-8.5, so I need to be careful there. I'm aiming low in Writing & Speaking because I don't have a reference of the results of my practices.

My speaking test is also on the 29th.
Same is with me, i am also targeting LSWR 8777 to increase my CRS. Only key to success is Practice and Focus during exams.
Lets hope for the best! i'm going to appear in next month for GT module.

PritiJ2017

Star Member
Jun 16, 2017
Dubai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
26-03-2018
AOR Received.
28/05/2018
Med's Done....
8/6/2018
i am reapearing for the test. i scored a 8.5 in SRW but lost miserably in listening, i got 7.5 only. i appeared in DXB and the supervisors distracted me twice during the listening test. i am so annoyed. good luck everyone

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
i am reapearing for the test. i scored a 8.5 in SRW but lost miserably in listening, i got 7.5 only. i appeared in DXB and the supervisors distracted me twice during the listening test. i am so annoyed. good luck everyone
There is a lot of such cases reported by candidates in recent times. One of my friend faced the same issue in Punjab, India. Well, as per my knowledge you should report such complaints to organizers before leaving the test center on the same day.

Good luck for your exam and you will surely get 8/9 this time ! When is your listening test?