+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

IEC 2013 - Issues with 'stage two'.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I'm having major issues with IEC and CIC not functioning together.

The application process to participate in the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative involves two stages:
1) IEC Assessment: to determine whether you meet the IEC eligibility criteria, and;
2) Immigration Assessment: to determine your admissibility to Canada for a work permit, using "MyCIC".

I am currently living in Canada on a 6 month visitor visa and have applied through IEC for the working holiday. I completed all the necessary forms / paperwork for 'Stage One'. I received an email from WHP with a 'Conditional Acceptance' letter and was given directions to continue onto 'Stage Two' with My CIC.

The link provided in the Conditional Acceptance letter to begin stage two was an Immigration Assessment on the CIC website. I answered all the questions and my result was that I was ineligible to participate (and therefore unable to continue to register for CIC account to fill in and submit whatever else is required for stage two). After freaking out I went back and changed my current country of residence from Canada (where I currently live), to Australia (where I would usually otherwise live) to see if the results would differ. After doing so I was given the option to continue.

I was unsure if it would affect my application so I am yet to carry on. However I sent an email to the email address provided (CIC questions) explaining everything but i'm assuming a response is going to take forever and I want to get all this done asap. From what i've read on the WHP website I should be able to apply for a working holiday permit/visa through IEC while residing here but CIC doesn't seem to accept applications from within Canada.

Is anyone else having similar issues and have you found solutions yet?

xoxo - frustrated Australian.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
I had the same issues and just put my home country in the 'come to canada' wizard.
Signed up for the MyCIC account and submitted my application.
I am in Canada, too.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
After that was there any forms or anything you had to complete? Or anything location specific? Eeek this stuff makes me so nervous.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
One Immigration form needed the information, but in that one i provided canada as my current country
of residence. No errors after validating and uploading the document.

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
I'm trying to submit my application from the UK but it says it's not open yet? How are you managing to get this far?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Easy as ABC. I'm not from the UK :) Other countries IEC programs are already open. What I did before my
countries program opened was that I completed all the steps in my MyCIC account except the conditional acceptance
letter from IEC. There are a few forms you have to fill out, one must be signed and scanned and you'll need a digital copy
of your police record. Once you start the application process you have 60 days to complete and submit, that should give
you enough time to fill out all the forms and wait for the IEC program to open. Once you'll get your conditional acceptance
letter you just upload it and you're all done.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Justin86 said:
I'm trying to submit my application from the UK but it says it's not open yet? How are you managing to get this far?
See my post above. The UK IEC program has not yet been opened for applications. Hang in there.

Nikkidz

Feb 12, 2013
Hay everyone!

I was reading on this topic and also I have problems with applying for the IEC visa for 2013. Mainly because they aren't open yet. I'm from the Netherlands and they keep on delaying the date for opening.

I was reading that one of you received the letter of "conditional acceptance". I was wondering how did you apply for that first step already? I can only start with the MyCIC account other then that I can't do much.

Does anybody knows how this whole My Kompass thing works? I can't find anything about it.

I hope someone could help me out here. I am in Canada at the moment and my tourist visa runs out at the end of March..So I have a lot of pressure considering the time I have.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
(Not sure if I mentioned earlier or not) Im from Australia and our program is already open.

Nikkidz

Feb 12, 2013
okay but how did you get that "IEC Kompass account" working. That only worked once the application was open?Or did you do that before? I can't find any information about that on the internet.

ccunnington

Nov 19, 2011
Sincelejo, Colombia
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2012
AOR Received.
19-06-2012 (Mississauga). 06-11-2012 (Bogota).
File Transfer...
11-07-2012
Med's Done....
10-09-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
Has anyone had a problem with the "digital signature page"? I have a friend from Ireland, he's got his conditional acceptance letter, and all his documents properly uploaded. When he enters his name and password and clicks "sign", it says the names don't match....any suggestions? He's tried using all small letters, all caps, caps for the first letter only....

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Nikkidz said:
okay but how did you get that "IEC Kompass account" working. That only worked once the application was open?Or did you do that before? I can't find any information about that on the internet.
Yes. Once yours countries IEC program opens, you'll be able to create your Kompass account.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Nikkidz said:
Hay everyone!

I was reading on this topic and also I have problems with applying for the IEC visa for 2013. Mainly because they aren't open yet. I'm from the Netherlands and they keep on delaying the date for opening.

I was reading that one of you received the letter of "conditional acceptance". I was wondering how did you apply for that first step already? I can only start with the MyCIC account other then that I can't do much.

Does anybody knows how this whole My Kompass thing works? I can't find anything about it.

I hope someone could help me out here. I am in Canada at the moment and my tourist visa runs out at the end of March..So I have a lot of pressure considering the time I have.

Once the IEC program in your homecountry opens, you'll be able to create your Kompass account and complete stage 1 to
receive your conditional acceptance letter. You'll find further instructions in this letter on how to proceed to stage 2.
Hang in there.

Slim11

Feb 27, 2013
ccunnington said:
Has anyone had a problem with the "digital signature page"? I have a friend from Ireland, he's got his conditional acceptance letter, and all his documents properly uploaded. When he enters his name and password and clicks "sign", it says the names don't match....any suggestions? He's tried using all small letters, all caps, caps for the first letter only....
I'm having the exact same problem.... Any solutions for this?

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I finally received a response from CIC in regards to the issue I was having when I created this thread.

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Call Centre’s e-Services Unit.

The situation that you have described is indeed the result of a ongoing technical problem. We are currently looking into it and will resolve it as soon as possible.

Please note that until the situation is resolved, you may select your country of nationality for the following question.

“What is your current country of residence?”

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I already went ahead and did this before I received this response as I was starting to stress a bit that I would run out of time. But future reference for anyone having the same issue.