+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ICT Work Permit Application August/September 2017

mayank.dce2k7

Sep 3, 2017
Hi,

I am opening this thread for people to share their experience/processing status of their work permit application submitted in August/September 2017 timeframe preferably in the US. Also, I am interested in knowing if anybody was able to get their work visa processed in 2 weeks under the new expedited program.

Mayank.

dv1js

Oct 3, 2017
Hi Mayank,

I have applied work permit through my company from India under worker express program on Sep 7. But still in cic, it shows the same status as 'application being processed in Canada visa, Bangalore'.

mayank.dce2k7

Sep 3, 2017
Hi Mayank,

I have applied work permit through my company from India under worker express program on Sep 7. But still in cic, it shows the same status as 'application being processed in Canada visa, Bangalore'.
Hi,

By 'worker express program' do you mean Global Talent Stream or some kind of a expedited method (maybe I am not aware of) for the issuance of work permit?

mayank.dce2k7

Sep 3, 2017
Yes. This is an expedited process like H1B premium.
Ok. So you were expecting to receive a response within 2 weeks? My attorney in Canada requested for an expedited processing but after two weeks we found out that the request for expedited processing was denied.

dv1js

Oct 3, 2017
Yeah. But it is almost a month. I am not sure what is happening in Bangalore VAC center. But I came to know some associates who applied in expedited process in July have received it in 15 days.

Immi@098

Nov 21, 2016
Hello All,

Please help me out on my specific query.Hope this is the correct forum(If not, please direct me to the right place.)
I have been in the pool since 2014 with a CRS of 380.My NOC is 2146.Since, there was no hope of getting an ITA with the current score,I decided to apply for ICT work visa through my current company(The job location would be Montreal).Its been submitted since 2 weeks.Meanwhile, my results for the IELTS i wrote last month came in & i have scored the CLB 9 band score.This will boost my CRS to 434, which will surely land me an ITA.
I had deleted my Express Entry Profile when i applied for ICT WP.
I need to know, if it is fine to create a new Express Entry Profile while the WP is in process.(Should i wait until a decision is made on my WP to create a new EE profile).Will it affect my WP processing or vice versa.Will i still be able to apply for PR if i get an ITA(when my WP is still under process)

Hope someone can advice me on the same.

Thank You

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi,

Has anyone who has applied for ICT work permit in September 2017 got the visa yet.

I have applied on September 22nd 2017 but have received no update yet.

Regards,
Neeraj Naik

neerajnaik123

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi Mayank,

Any update on your application?

moumenmyousri

Oct 3, 2017
Hi,
From Egypt
ICT LMIA exempted OWP
Online application
Submitted 7th August
Approved 11th August
Visa stamped 17th August
Regards,

TheOneAndOnly1

Oct 16, 2017
Hello All,

Please help me out on my specific query.Hope this is the correct forum(If not, please direct me to the right place.)
I have been in the pool since 2014 with a CRS of 380.My NOC is 2146.Since, there was no hope of getting an ITA with the current score,I decided to apply for ICT work visa through my current company(The job location would be Montreal).Its been submitted since 2 weeks.Meanwhile, my results for the IELTS i wrote last month came in & i have scored the CLB 9 band score.This will boost my CRS to 434, which will surely land me an ITA.
I had deleted my Express Entry Profile when i applied for ICT WP.
I need to know, if it is fine to create a new Express Entry Profile while the WP is in process.(Should i wait until a decision is made on my WP to create a new EE profile).Will it affect my WP processing or vice versa.Will i still be able to apply for PR if i get an ITA(when my WP is still under process)

Hope someone can advice me on the same.

Thank You
Applying for EE while WP is in process will cause your WP app to most likely be denied. It shows dual intent. Do one or the other. You can always apply for EE from Canada after receiving the WP.

ShaileshKeskar

Oct 29, 2017
I got it today
I applied under Worker Express Program Two Weeks Processing for Global Skills through my organization. Applied date 3 Nov. When Can i expect my passport back. By Dec mid?

Also can i apply for my spouse open work permit after this from india before travelling to Canada. My spouse is also working and looking for an opportunity through her organization. Would she be able to work for existing employee on OWP.

Regards
Shailesh